Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The House That Joe Gibbs Built

Commander Adama

It can be argued either way really.....there is certainly some merit to the "family feel" thing....although any coach would have provided that last season after ST's untimely passing.

It didn't matter who the coach was...the team would feel like more of a family after that event.

As far as the on the field performance goes.....I have no idea what improvements you are referring to.

Less than 100% effort.....practice on your own.....coaches not even learning the rulebook of the game......but cashing $5 million checks....not such a great thing imho.

You really think any coach would have brought the team together like that? I admit that on the field he wasnt quite the same, but his leadership ability and ability to bring people together is undeniable. All over the media they even said that Gibbs is most successful durin tribulation.

And if you think there were no improvements on the field, you must have completely blocked out the whole Spurrier era. I wish i had that ability. And its obvious Snyderatto have changed their philosophy since hes been here. I know things could have gone better, but I really enjoyed having him here for the most part.

:laugh: It was fun because we actually were winning! At least more than I had seen since I was 5 years old (with the exception of the 99 season) Plus we beat Dallas 4 out of the last 6 games we played them, and has some hard fought wins. I know he didnt bring us another Lombardi this time around, but I think that the point of the post was that he has set us up to hopefully win another one

Obviously we have differences in what we each consider "Winning". That's fine. I just don't see any year where the team finishes with anything other than a Lombardi Trophy as a failure and a waste of time for the team, the players, the fans, and the coaches.

I can't believe you think Sports aren't fun unless you win it all. I would watch every Redskin game in 08 even if it was guaranteed we went 0-16. I have a love for the game. I suggest you never become a coach if sports aren't fun unless you win the entire thing.

HAIL!

You really think any coach would have brought the team together like that? I admit that on the field he wasnt quite the same, but his leadership ability and ability to bring people together is undeniable. All over the media they even said that Gibbs is most successful durin tribulation.

And if you think there were no improvements on the field, you must have completely blocked out the whole Spurrier era. I wish i had that ability. And its obvious Snyderatto have changed their philosophy since hes been here. I know things could have gone better, but I really enjoyed having him here for the most part.

No JG basher here......I loved the guy....and thought his first stint was the greatest coaching job in history....still is.

But I also believe JG1 vs JG2 was day and night. A huge difference just in effort alone.

I really don't believe there were many improvements on the field. He even admitted on the Jim Rome show that "He thought he could win with the same type of system he used before, but then realized he couldn't."

Those were his exact words.

They are nearly identical to what Spurrier said, and finally realized about the fun n gun offense. Greatly different schemes, yes, but the same realization of failure.

On the field......I saw total confusion. Portis being asked to be a power back.....Brunell played too long....absolutely no concept of clock management....the worst 2 minute drill in the history of any team in the league....double timeouts......the list goes on.

He looked like a fish out of water on the sidelines...just waiting for the next catastrophic mistake to happen.

I would love to feel better about his second stint.....and really wish someone could point to some great things he did. I don't want to look unfavorably on his second stint here.........I just don't see it.

:cheers:

Edit: I also don't see any change in philosophy. I see one since he left, with us not chasing free agents......but JG was a huge fan of overpaying free agents....some of which he knew nothing about (Lloyd), trading away way too much for players (Campbell)...and many other blunders. Thank God it seems that we aren't following his plan......and are finally using restraint.

Obviously we have differences in what we each consider "Winning". That's fine. I just don't see any year where the team finishes with anything other than a Lombardi Trophy as a failure and a waste of time for the team, the players, the fans, and the coaches.

I understand that, but like I said, its better than Ive seen the Skins play for the majority of my life.

you "dont see" ?

or did you mean "you see" ?

If so, how is it a waste of time? The whole point of this thread is that we are building, and have a different approach that hopefully will bring us a Lombardi. I guess those other 31 teams that didnt win it all wasted their time this season.

I understand that, but like I said, its better than Ive seen the Skins play for the majority of my life.

you "dont see" ?

If so, how is it a waste of time? The whole point of this thread is that we are building, and have a different approach that hopefully will bring us a Lombardi. I guess those other 31 teams that didnt win it all wasted their time this season.

AMEN!!:wavetowel

HAIL!!

What exactly did he do on the field during his second stint again. Please give just two examples. Apparently you can "go on forever," how about just starting with two examples.

Did Joe get us to the playoffs last season? Or did an injury to JC get us to the playoffs.....bringing in the qb that Joe benched?

And in the offseason......JG chased free agents like no other. So what "philosophy" do you think he improved?

Seriously....can't wait to see the answer. Please give a few examples.

You haven't answered my questions yet. When you answer mine I'll answer yours.

There's at least one in every crowd......wow!

If you can't recognize what this man has done for our team in the past and moving forward(as shown by our actions this off season), then, well, I just don't know what to say to you.....I'd expect that answer if you were in your early 20's. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but, wow.

Since JG I, how many coaches took us to the playoffs 2 out of 4 yrs? How many other coaches have taken us to the Superbowl? How many coaches have taught Snyder how to build a team? The 10 man salute? Maybe if GW had told Gibbs that he was going to do that, he might have been ok with it, Gibbs was upset that he wasn't told it was going to happen. How many coaches have been able to ad cohesiveness to our team? Has the man made mistakes? Show me one that hasn't!

ahhhh, it's Gibbs, I could go on forever..............Thanks for everything Mr. Gibbs and God bless!

nuff said.

No coaches have taken us to the playoffs in 2 of 4 years like happened when Gibbs was here. Was he responsible for that....maybe, maybe not. Certainly he was responsible for much of it........but Todd Collins was probably responsible for some of it too.......and it only happened because JC got injured. I can't credit JG for finally playing Todd Collins. So did last year's playoff run happen because of Gibbs....or in spite of Gibbs? Tough to say truly. With all of JGs on the field blunders that hurt the team, a good case could be made for either direction.

And as far as teaching Snyder to build a team.....I guess I can go along with that somewhat.....but what did he actually teach him?

To chase free agents? To cut core Skin players? To sign guys like Lloyd without knowing anything about him? To favor vet qbs? To trade too much to try to get guys like JC, Rocky or Duckett?

I am not sure that is the right way to build a team. I for one don't want us going in that direction in the future.....and from our behavior this offseason, it doesn't seem like Snyder wants to go in that direction either.

So I don't know if he taught Snyder how to build a winner.....honestly tough to say that with any confidence.

Obviously there's not going to be any reasonable conversation between us. Say hello to your 190+ brothers and sisters on the Ignore List. Buh Bye.

Dude, I thought R:VOD was kidding when he said you put people on your ignor list.

Thats too funny.

I can understand that, ddub. I've got a little over a decade on you age-wise so I remember a whole lot more of the Gibbs I era than you probably do. I just have a hard time understanding how people can look at the VERY SMALL amount of success this team has had in a couple recent years (not even consecutive ones) and because it's slightly better than the disaster we had for a decade before think we're going somewhere and that everything is wonderful.

you "dont see" ?

Let me put it this way.... So far as I am concerned the fans, players, and coaches of thirty-one teams WASTE a year of their lives every year, at least from a football perspective.

I live by a particular philosophy when it comes to all things competitive.... "If you can't WIN, why bother playing?"

Dude, I thought R:VOD was kidding when he said you put people on your ignor list.

Thats too funny.

No he's not kidding, and he would know since he's alread on it. I have no interest in debate or discourse. I have my views on things and nobody is ever going to change them. Anyone who does try to change them or insists on inulting or degrading them (like he did) goes on it. Care to join him?

No he's not kidding, and he would know since he's alread on it. I have no interest in debate or discourse. I have my views on things and nobody is ever going to change them. Anyone who does try to change them or insists on inulting or degrading them (like he did) goes on it. Care to join him?

Ive never spoken a word to you, therefore, I couldnt care one way or the other. I would assume the people on your "list" probably feel the same way. Hence, "too funny".

A fine way to alienate yourself from your peers, if thats what your going for.

Ive never spoken a word to you, therefore, I couldnt care one way or the other. I would assume the people on your "list" probably feel the same way. Hence, "too funny".

A fine way to alienate yourself from your peers, if thats what your going for.

So far as I'm concerned I really wouldn't describe most of you as my peers. Definitely none of the 200 people on the ILD are. Peers are people I respect and have some sort of interest in the thoughts and feelings of, which pretty much rules out all but a handful of ES members, especially over here in The Stadium. I've never had any interest in debate or dissention with my views. If you don't like my comments put me on Ignore because believe me I will do the same with you if it comes to that.

So far as I'm concerned I really wouldn't describe most of you as my peers. Definitely none of the 200 people on the ILD are. Peers are people I respect and have some sort of interest in the thoughts and feelings of, which pretty much rules out all but a handful of ES members, especially over here in The Stadium. I've never had any interest in debate or dissention with my views. If you don't like my comments put me on Ignore because believe me I will do the same with you if it comes to that.

So why do you come around? You sound miserable! I dont need to put you on a 'list' to ignore you. :2cents:

So why do you come around? You sound miserable! I dont need to put you on a 'list' to ignore you. :2cents:

Because ES is the only reasonable outlet I have for the anger and frustration I have as a Redskins fan that doesn't include putting my hand through a door, a bullet through my television set, or some other equally unconstructive means of showing my displeasure with the team.

Life has never been about fun or enjoyment for me. Misery is a constant companion for someone who is living life the right way so far as I'm concerned. But that's a topic for another time and a different forum.

Haha Mass really does entertain me. He is some miserable 33 year old living in his Moms basement making himself feel better by ignoring people. I am supposedly on the ignore list and i could care less. I will never put him on my ignore list because of his crazy and weird posts.

HAIL!

Unless you were there at the pre-game meetings or at the teams practices then you really have no place to say they weren't prepared for the noise in Seattle. Regardless of what may have been said during post-game interviews. If anything, Gibbs was being a good sport saying that the fans were really noisy and into the game up in Seattle. :doh:

How about Cooley saying on the radio that the fan noise was so high that they couldn't even hear TC calling out plays and TC had to yell out the plays. So Gibbs was not just being a good sport he was actually stating a fact!:doh:

How about Cooley saying on the radio that the fan noise was so high that they couldn't even hear TC calling out plays and TC had to yell out the plays. So Gibbs was not just being a good sport he was actually stating a fact!:doh:

Hey, if they were concerned about fan noise maybe they should have just won some more games during the regular season and gotten that playoff game AT HOME. Everyone here at ES knows that there's absolutely NO fan noise at FedEx Field; we hear complaints about it all the time. :D

Here is the difference between a coach giving 100%, and giving us the best chance to win......and Joe Gibbs 2.

Ready for a novel idea? How about just turning on sportscenter the week prior, or picking up one of many newspapers documenting how loud it was going to be?

Then.....using simple common sense, script the first 20 offensive plays, similiar to what the legendary Bill Walsh implemented so sucessfully in San Fran over the years.

Instead......we walk in shocked....and according to Gibbs himself, have "our offense severely hampered the entire first half of the game."

For $5 million a year.......is that really asking too much?

Great coaches, working hard, prepare for such things. Joe Gibbs 2....not so much.

If he is smart enough to come up with that idea.....then the crowd noise isn't such a big factor, and we have a better chance to win. He has earned his $5 million.

If not? You saw what happened.

Because ES is the only reasonable outlet I have for the anger and frustration I have as a Redskins fan that doesn't include putting my hand through a door, a bullet through my television set, or some other equally unconstructive means of showing my displeasure with the team.

Life has never been about fun or enjoyment for me. Misery is a constant companion for someone who is living life the right way so far as I'm concerned. But that's a topic for another time and a different forum.

:laugh:

Id seek professional help if I were you.

:laugh:

Id seek professional help if I were you.

Been tried in the past. The only thing it taught me was how ridiculous and pathetic the "mental health" professionals are. No need wasting my money and time on that quackery, just like there's no need to waste further time or energy on you. Buh Bye.

Been tried in the past. The only thing it taught me was how ridiculous and pathetic the "mental health" professionals are. No need wasting my money and time on that quackery, just like there's no need to waste further time or energy on you. Buh Bye.

This guy really is starting to make me nervous. Likely to go on a killing spree.

HAIL!

I second that. I am proud of what we are doing. It was a blessing to have Joe Gibbs back. I am glad that we have Zorn who is a good person...lets just hope he can coach. I am not willing to take Pac Man for a second. So......

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!

Am I mistaken but didn't I hear that Dallas got Pac-man in free agency??

Archived