Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The House That Joe Gibbs Built

Commander Adama

Anyone who thinks that this franchise is not better today, than when Gibbs came back to coach, is blind. I have read where some fans complain about losing fourth quarter leads, how about back when we never even had fourth quarter leads to lose? Do you people forget that we had people like Steve Spurrier, who had no clue how to put together a pro franchise, running our team. How many times did our guys come out to play, and had absolutely no chance to win, right from the start of the game? At least under Gibbs, he had our guys in positions to win games at the end. Was it his fault that Campbell would throw a drive killing interception in the end zone to end the game? No. Was it his fault that our defense would give up a late score to lose the game? No. If all you can complain about is clock management, then you completely missed the boat on this post. Our team has finally turned the corner and has a solid core of players to build around. We are no longer the Greyhound Bus Station of the League. Where players stop through on their way to the teams that they will finish their careers at. If you really think that Gibbs did such a horrible job of coaching, then why have all of the players defended the job he has done, right down to a man? I don't buy for a minute, the thought that we should have brought him back as a personnel man. He was in his element as a coach. He taught our guys about work ethic. And it was blatantly obvious when you had a player that railed against his teachings. Look at Brandon Lloyd. He felt it was better to practice half assed, and play half assed, than to go all out on every play. Hell, Portis ruined a year of his career, going all out for Gibbs. He didn't want to be out there in pre season playing a meaningless game, but if he was going to be on the field, he was going to go 100%. That is real football. Let me remind you guys that we would not be anywhere near the point where we are today, if it weren't for Gibbs. Get off his back.

Nicley said...I will drink to that.:cheers:

I've about had it with these loonies who are dissing Gibbs and those who respect him. Expecting a superbowl from a return coach is so stupid and unrealistic, I seriously doubt these people live in reality!!

Calling us out who supported and still do, coach Gibbs, is just pathetic. Saying we are losers and accept losing is also unfair. We live in reality. Getting to the superbowl is HARD!!! We see teams like NE and Dallas and we are jealous, but we also know that every year holds promise, and every year we are let down.

However, that doesn't mean we turn on our heros and icons that made the Redskins the team we love and cheer on!!

It's been done at nausium, but for those who are slow it needs to be done again: GibbsII was better than any coach after his 1st job. Period! FACT!

Is that accepting medicore! NO, it's pointing out that you people are wrong in your assesment of him.

I think some of you, need to remove the facepaint,put on a shirt, come back to reality, and join the real fans. Let me let you in on a little commensense.

1. you think it, but don't acually say it, when it comes to icons. Because what you're thinking is probably 50% true or maybe even less, becuase it's being thought out of emotion and not truth.

2 if you're that angry, than a true redskins fan would take it out on his wife and kids and not on the team.....ha hahah I kid....it's a joke :)

3. The likeyhood that we will see the redskins in a superbowl, within our lifetime, let alone win one, is a very unlikely! Not impossible...unlikely.

It's been done at nausium, but for those who are slow it needs to be done again: Gibbs II was better than any coach after his 1st job. Period! FACT!

Is that accepting medicore! NO, it's pointing out that you people are wrong in your assesment of him.

Sorry but if that's you're REALITY, then you need to be on the ILD before I accidentally destroy any more brain cells reading your comments.Buh Bye.

Sorry but if that's you're REALITY, then you need to be on the ILD before I accidentally destroy any more brain cells reading your comments.Buh Bye.

Haha this guy is really weird. He must be the smartest person in the world or he only has a few brain cells left and is scared he will use them in this thread.

HAIL!

OK, once again. Let's take a walk down memory lane. In what condition was this team when Gibbs took it over? Come on, be realistic here? That team was one of the 5 worst teams in the league. Steve Spurrier had turned us into a laughingstock. We were whippingboys of the league. Gibbs brought in players who wanted to be here, not because they went to a certain college. Gibbs built his team around accountability, work ethic and pride. Did we go to the Super Bowl? No. That doesn't matter. The point is, he righted the ship. We now have a plan in place, with a core of good, hard working players. Before you Gibbs Bashers continue, ask yourself if another coach could have come in here, and made the sweeping changes that Gibbs made, under the ownership of this team? That is all that needs to be said.

"The House That Gibbs Built"?

REALLY?!?!?!?

Does that house have an asterisk on the side of it?

You know, two "strike shortened/scab" SB trophies, and all.

Yeah, that should say a ton about what this guy is about. He put a team of scabs together and went out and beat a Cowboys team that fielded pretty much their regular team. He also realized the importance of team harmony, by insisting his players not cross the picket line. Also, the 82 team had to go through a 3 game playoff to play in that super bowl. They didn't play the other teams backups, they played their starters. And, I believe we had the best record in the league that year. And the next. Oh, and did we forget about the final Super Bowl team.

Selective memory is a great thing, huh?

OK, once again. Let's take a walk down memory lane. In what condition was this team when Gibbs took it over? Come on, be realistic here? That team was one of the 5 worst teams in the league. Steve Spurrier had turned us into a laughingstock. We were whippingboys of the league. Gibbs brought in players who wanted to be here, not because they went to a certain college. Gibbs built his team around accountability, work ethic and pride. Did we go to the Super Bowl? No. That doesn't matter. The point is, he righted the ship. We now have a plan in place, with a core of good, hard working players. Before you Gibbs Bashers continue, ask yourself if another coach could have come in here, and made the sweeping changes that Gibbs made, under the ownership of this team? That is all that needs to be said.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Archived