Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would it be stupid to draft a WR in the 1st round,when we possibly could trade 4Chad?

michael_33

I will point one major reason why this is not a wise trade AT ALL.

What good is having a stud WR when your QB doesn't get the time he needs to throw the ball to him, because your O-line is thin in numbers and tired

I'm not disagreeing with you but Collins had success behind that same line, it didn't look that bad! We did win 9 games behind that thin o-line but I agree if we get some depth who knows the possiblities!!!!!!!:2cents:

Chad shot himslef in the kneecap when he appeared on the NFL Network yesterday. No self-respecting NFL team would want this self-promoting conceit no matter how good a receiver he may be ... bye-bye Oucho! PS: He looked seriously anerexic to me.

Who cares what he looked like or how he acted?????-WTF!!!

Next time flach your moral badge before you post so we know who's posting!:laugh:

Production should be the only thing that matters, he doesn't want the money yet, he wants wins and championships! He can't get it in Cincy and they won't let him go. So rather than play the "Barry Sanders" role and keep your mouth shut for 10 years hoping they trade or let you go he wants out! :2cents:

:doh:

Oh YEAH he's a team cancer right??? Wow....

He cares more about winning and playing well then 90 percent of people. but I guess he is just thinking about himself?

Chad cares about one more big payday. He's 30, and will probably see only one more semi-long contract. Provided he can screw his team over and get out of this contract by crying and moaning. This contract is the second one, the one after his team ripped up the first one and gave him a huge raise they didn't have to.

Yesterday he admitted there WAS an incident with his Lewis at halftime, although he claims no punches were thrown. This was a few minutes after Palmer was lost for the season, and the coach was trying to figure out how to preserve the lead in the game. Yeah, I'm sure Zorn wants to deal with childlike behavior in the heat of a game and while he tries to establish himself in the League. Not. CJ is not worth the trouble.

He says he wants to go to the SB. We need a guy who wants his TEAM in the SB. It's really that simple. I don't think there are any WRs worthy of a 1st rounder this year, but there are other options.

Hmm.... Randy Moss.... Terrell Owens.....

Cinci is taking a step back every year and slowly losing control of everything they built up. I'm all for Chad wanting out of Cinci because he is in his prime and knows that he could instantly turn a team more stable into a contender. I say do whatever it takes to get him. 21st pick doesn't look too satisfying anyways and the draft is full of DLine and can find one later.

We don't need Chad he'll only bring trouble. I think Zorn is like Gibbs when it comes to character and certainly if Dan and Vinny didn't learn anything from Joe I hope they learn to bring in people of good character and not change that now that Joe is gone.

He'd also bring on 4 years of Elite WR success. He'd bring talent that would merit AT LEAST 60 Receptions, 6 TDs, and plenty of attention diverted from Moss and Cooley.

Why don't we see what Mix can do before we go out and get a WR huh? There was a reason the Giants were not happy about losing him. The kid has potential. Why don't we take our draft picks and actually build some depth, and maybe shore up our O-line and our D-line.

Well, seeing as we're banking on Mix, we might as well put the same faith in Kevin Huntley at the DE position. After all, he, unlike Mix, actually have put up results, with his 2.5 sacks in 6 games. And with Lorenzo Alexander and Stephon Heyer doing an excellent job of providing youth on the Guard and Tackle position, we ought to only draft CBs and Centers this draft. :doh:

How about we do these 3 things:

1) DO NOT TRADE ANY PICKS!

2) Do not trade for C.J.

3) Do not select a WR in the 1st round. Between Kelly, Sweed and Hardy, I don't see the future Jerry Rice out there. In fact, if they were so good, they'd be top 10 picks(See Johnson, Calvin) and they are slated to go anywhere from 11-31. Bunch of Rod Gardner clones if you ask me.

Draft OL, DL, CB. We may have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. You can get a Jordy Nelson or Adarius Bowman type guy in the 3rd round. Go OL/CB, CB/OL in the first 2 rounds and then go WR/DL, DL/WR with the 2 third rounders.

Let's stop getting everyone elses unhappy players. That seems to be a trend with us. We finally stopped the vicious cycle when we didn't sign Briggs. Let's keep the players we have, draft (we may have 9 picks if we get the 3rd and the 2 7ths as compensatory picks) and fill holes with players like London Fletcher.

We can get Nelson or Bowman in teh 3rd, but we can't focus on the DL in teh 4-6th rounds, where they actually turn out to be good. :rolleyes:

Nobody saw Moss or Rice turning out to be who they are. So how would you see a Rice in this draft, considering Rice was a middle-1st Rounder.

I'd rather draft Wrs in the 1st, where the best in this league have come from, and focus on the DL in the late 2nd day, where the best in this league have come from.

The only sensible option in the 1st round other than WR is OL or DB. And seeing as we don't need to draft a starter at DB, OL makes a lot of sense.

You said it right, we have a ton of later picks. The higher the probablity we'll end up selecting the next Trent Cole, or Jared Allen, or Mark Anderson.

Problems:

1) Implausible. Cinci is highly unlikely to let him go and take the massive cap hit. Even if CJ was ready to make a move and Cinci was ready to cooperate, what makes you think he would want to be a Redskin? To an outsider, do we really look like a team that is likley to go to the Superbowl? (Although we skins fans have faith.)

2) Expensive. The amount of picks and money we would have to give up just isn't worth it.

3) Risky. This guy is in his prime now, but how many good years does he have left? After paying so much for him, there is a risk that he will be injured. (I know there is a risk for every player, but a 30 year old guy in the NFL doesn't have much of a lifespan left in the game.)

4) Unwise. The dude's got game, there's no denying it. But he also comes with baggage. If he's whining and complaining in Cinci, why should we think he'll be happy and compliant in DC? As for being "locker room cancer," do any of us really know how he acts in the locker room, or in practices? Perhaps we should not "darken counsel with words without knowledge." However, he does seem to be a self-promoter. That is usually not great for a team.

I don't claim to know the future, but the likelyhood of Ocho Cinco ending up in Washington is pretty small.

As for me, I am VERY TIRED of the endless Chad Johnson threads! I will be glad when we have some more real news so we can get away from all this speculation.

How about we do these 3 things:

1) DO NOT TRADE ANY PICKS!

2) Do not trade for C.J.

3) Do not select a WR in the 1st round. Between Kelly, Sweed and Hardy, I don't see the future Jerry Rice out there. In fact, if they were so good, they'd be top 10 picks(See Johnson, Calvin) and they are slated to go anywhere from 11-31. Bunch of Rod Gardner clones if you ask me.

Draft OL, DL, CB. We may have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. You can get a Jordy Nelson or Adarius Bowman type guy in the 3rd round. Go OL/CB, CB/OL in the first 2 rounds and then go WR/DL, DL/WR with the 2 third rounders.

Let's stop getting everyone elses unhappy players. That seems to be a trend with us. We finally stopped the vicious cycle when we didn't sign Briggs. Let's keep the players we have, draft (we may have 9 picks if we get the 3rd and the 2 7ths as compensatory picks) and fill holes with players like London Fletcher.

I agree with all 3 suggestions. I would rather a WR be selected in the 2nd or 3rd rounds and use our first rounder on one of the positions you mentioned. Many top WRs in the NFL today were selected between rounds 2-3 (TO, Boldin, C. Johnson, S. Smith, G. Jennings, many more quality WRs) while there has been a history of 1st round WRs underperforming, as the Skins know all too well. I might be way off but it seems to me that historically WR has a much higher 1st round bust rate than the other positions we need. I am not sold that the WRs coming out are 1st round talents and think the position is weak compared to recent drafts, at least as far as the top prospects go.

]']

Well' date=' seeing as we're banking on Mix, we might as well put the same faith in Kevin Huntley at the DE position. After all, he, unlike Mix, actually have put up results, with his 2.5 sacks in 6 games. And with Lorenzo Alexander and Stephon Heyer doing an excellent job of providing youth on the Guard and Tackle position, we ought to only draft CBs and Centers this draft. :doh:

[/quote']

well yeah a CB would be nice, maybe another center, maybe another DE, or anywhere along the DL, personally I think we need a bigger push up the middle. But I think what we saw last year was our O-Line is anemic at best. Our starters are great, but we had no REAL depth. Campbell needed alittle more time then the 1 sec he got. Give him time and he'll place the ball, you don't fix our O-Line and CJ is a waste.

Guys, lets stop whining and ****ing for a skill position player, with a fat contract, big mouth, and on the wrong side of 30 years old.

Lets draft guys for cheap that are hungry and develope them here in Washington.

Archived