Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anthony Mix

Trentonskins

I love Mix in Madden. He actually is my go-to guy. I use Tana as a decoy. everyone doubles him and then leaves it one on one for this 6 foot 5 monster. He makes some sick one handers.

But yeah I dunno why we do not just use him but hey if I had a choice between Malcolm Kelly vs. A. Mix who would I choose?

Silly question we already have Mix so sign Malcolm Kelly and then in the redzone you set up a 3 WR set. then you can go to Kelly, Mix, Tana, Cooley, or Portis. oooooo talk about weapons!

Ok, I'm going to be nice about this. Please, for the love of God, use the search function. I know, I know, it doesn't work all the time. But this subject has been beaten to DEATH over the past few months. He may or may not be a good WR in the future, but certainly will not impact our team the way a CJ or Anquan would.

Please, if the search function doesn't work, just wait a few minutes and try again.

He is just as good as B. Johnson. IMO
Where have you seen him play, college? He has 3 rec for 39 yds in the NFL vs. Johnsons 210 rec for 2675 yds and 9 tds. I don't see how someone could say Mix is as good as Johnson with these facts in hand. Mix may be good someday but so far he hasn't been good enough to get any playing time with the Redskins or the Giants.

I don't see us drafting a young WR this year. Especially with the young WR we have on the roster anyway. I see us looking to try and grab a STUD wr in FA somehow, and then let that WR help develop Mix. Mix ha sshown flashes but is still VERY raw. It's positive that him and jason have chemistry together, from playing together at auburn.

We will promote our own younger players and develop them. We aren't very good at drafting WR, at all. We found a gem in A.Mix so Im glad to see the team is excited about his potential. He could become a AWESOME target for JC if we get another STUD possession receiver to help develop mix, watch out.

I love Mix in Madden. He actually is my go-to guy. I use Tana as a decoy. everyone doubles him and then leaves it one on one for this 6 foot 5 monster. He makes some sick one handers.

But yeah I dunno why we do not just use him but hey if I had a choice between Malcolm Kelly vs. A. Mix who would I choose?

Silly question we already have Mix so sign Malcolm Kelly and then in the redzone you set up a 3 WR set. then you can go to Kelly, Mix, Tana, Cooley, or Portis. oooooo talk about weapons!

...hahaha Madden reference...

can we also get Mike Vick when he's free next year because man he's unstoppable in Madden. :laugh:

I like the potential Mix shows, but I'm not sold on him in the WR1 mold just yet. Actually, I would like to see him, and I've said this in other threads, as a slot receiver behind ARE, because the WCO uses either a big receiver, or a speedy/shifty WR in the slot, so we would have both, allowing more plays to be run. Not to mention the slot would open up Mix's role as a redzone threat.

Maybe down the road Mix could develop into the WR1, but right now I don't see it happening simply because of experience issues.

I like Mix, but we need a proven starter to fill the role, and for Mix to get experience and be situational this year. I see Mix as a big redzone threat in the upcoming season.

i agree bro... read my post above.. Mix needs a mentor to help devlop him. He's still Raw.

I like the potential Mix shows, but I'm not sold on him in the WR1 mold just yet. Actually, I would like to see him, and I've said this in other threads, as a slot receiver behind ARE, because the WCO uses either a big receiver, or a speedy/shifty WR in the slot, so we would have both, allowing more plays to be run. Not to mention the slot would open up Mix's role as a redzone threat.

Maybe down the road Mix could develop into the WR1, but right now I don't see it happening simply because of experience issues.

exactly, No one hould be given the starting spot because of height. I mean he was undrafted for a reason. but that doesnt mean he cant develop with experience and learning. He has the potential, we just gotta wait and see how his switch from college to the NFL is.

it takes around3 years for even top WR prospects to devlop into the NFL and get used to the change. The same applies for mix as well, just because he is 6'5'' and plays for us doesnt automatically make him the starter. He has to develop first.

Heh...I can't remember the last the search function DID work for me. :doh:

Ditto. Besides, people act like little girls on such topics. Relax. If you dont want to read the thread, dont open it. Let the mods do their jobs.

Ive been fairly quiet of late. Im on the fence with this team right now. I cant predict the future and I wont try. I like the idea of a fresh faced coach, even if he doesnt have any HC experience, but Im not going to proclaim us a playoff team just yet.

But Mix has been in my thoughts a lot since we snagged him from the Giants PS. I definately think he deserves a chance, and I think he, along with everyone else will get their chance. He was pretty damn good for us on special teams and I like the fact that he and JC played college ball together.

On the other hand, who wouldnt want a Bolden or Williams? But at what price? I dont like giving up draft picks and thats certainly what it'd take to get those guys so I would personally pass. That said, if we did in fact make a move on one of the two, I wouldnt be entirely upset, unless we give up too many picks.

So, to the OP (original poster......yeah, you!), I think it would be every skins fan wet dream to see Mix develop into the monster receiver we all long for. Just like the upcoming season, we're all gonna have to wait and see. Should be fun. :cheers:

I think we should try to give him some more playing time on O. The only way to discover a hidden gem on the roster is to let some different guys play. The Packers are a great example of this philosophy. When they needed a RB they let some different guys touch the ball and they found Grant. When they needed a DT they rotated a bunch of guys and ended up developing about 4 solid DT's. They went from no DT to too many so that they could trade away one for a second round pick to the Browns(Corey Williams). I'm sure the Skins have some similar gems on the roster as well. The only way to find them is to find a way to get them on the field and see how they respond/develop in real game situations. Preseason can only tell you so much. Let's see JC throw Mix a few times this year!

I think Mix could be a secret weapon in our offense, but only if he gets good practice with JC this offseason. I'd like to see Tana, El and Caldwell gets some reps with JC this offseason as well.

Thank god JC didn't tear his ACL or MCL, because it really would have hurt his offseason and it would have been a step back in his learning curve.

Archived