Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Morgan signs with the Saints

e_guns

This D wasn't GREAT in '06-sure they overachieved and played in over their heads, but the talent level wasn't GREAT nonetheless, and they finally saw their cracks in '07.

Good moves by the Saints this offseason to upgrade their D. Their D-line is not only very good, but deep now, and they have a talented group of LBs now. On top of their, the QB of their secondary, Roman Harper, is now completed recovered from his knee injury suffered in '06.

• 4 weeks later...
For the money they gave him, its a low risk/high reward signing. Nothing wrong with that.
For the Saints yes for Morgan no.
He should retire so he can remember his children's names when they graduate high school.
CORRECT!!!
With a history of concussions, LB Dan Morgan faces a life-altering decision whether to return to NFL

Dan Morgan dodged a bullet Wednesday when he announced that he would sit out the rest of the NFL season after suffering at least the fifth and sixth concussions of his career this summer. Scratch that -- he dodged a cannonball.

If Morgan, the Carolina Panthers' star linebacker, had returned, research suggests that he would likely suffer at least a third concussion this season and join a long list of NFL players -- including Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Merril Hoge, Ted Johnson, Wayne Chrebet, Al Toon, Ed McCaffrey, Bill Romanowski, Chris Miller, Stan Humphries, Frank Wycheck and Bob Christian -- who have had to retire early because of post-concussion syndrome (PCS).

Full article is a good read -

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/the_bonus/10/12/morgan.concussions/index.html

I agree about his quality of life. Sometimes these players need to be saved from themselves. I think that Rosenhaus is his agent. He should advise him to retire and think about his future and quality of life. I don't know what type of discussions were had between he and his agent, but I would think that the responsible think for Rosenhaus to do would be to advise his client to retire and think about doing something with his life while his isn't directly imapcted from his injuries from the NFL.

I think the saints will draft DRC just cause McKenzie got hurt at the end of the season and Jason David is awful in their system.

That is a very good possibility, they will need a number 1 for all of next year. Mckenzie will not be ready to go at the begining of the year just like CR.

• 1 month later...

In the wake of this happening, I think you guys should seriously go after Odell Thurman. If he's cleaned himself up, a linebacking corps of Fujita, Vilma, and Thurman would make for a much MUCH improved defensive unit for the Saints.

Archived