Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

receivers from the jaguars (potential WRs)

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

so the jags just got troy williamson and jerry porter locked up, which means they have ernest wilford/reggie williams/matt jones still on the roster. i would love to have any of those dudes here. reggie williams especially, he was an endzone machine last year, hes huge, and im pretty sure hes got ties to the DC area. what do you guys think about any of these guys? theres no way they keep all of them at this point.

Jones is horrible.

He's a college QB that never got used to the position change.

The other two are decent, inconsistent players who have flashes (Williams against us last year) but no big seasons.

Jones was just a combine star, who never should've been a first round pick and maybe not a WR at all.

I like Williams the most if I had to pick.

Do you think that he should have remained a QB?

I certainly think its plausible. Thats the way he was recruited up until the Combine. I mean the guy has made like 5 starts at WR and made 20 grabs? Thats pathetic for a first rounder.

He wouldn't have made as much money in his original signing I'm sure, but after JaMarcus Russell, Vince Young, Mike Vick; we know how gaga some teams can go over an athletic QB.

There was talk of the Jags cutting Williams last year. I would jump at the chance to give him a tryout if he became a FA.

It was Williams who was levelled by ST last year and held on. His best game of the year I think.

With that many receivers, they must set one or two loose.

sorry about that... i double check and you were right.

i guess that changes it since williams isnt a ufa. the redskins should def give the jags a call. they have a lot of big boys there now, height wise

i think its something to look into... maybe a trade for williams. that is of course if porter is their main man now.

im not a fan of matt jones. he has flashes of greats once a blue moon.

wilford is big, but the whole reason i was into him is because i mistakenly thought he was williams.... and even then that was just one cool play.

we really do NEED a poss reciever to complament to smurf's. at least until mix is ready (maybe he is now?!?).

jordy????

Rumage thru Jacksonville garbage bin for non producing WRs? Pass

yeah, reggie williams only "non produced" 10 touchdowns last year. hes 6-4, hes fast, hes young, hes injury free, and hes an endzone magnet. and its obvious hes fallen out of favor over there in jacksonville because theyre signing every WR under the sun.

no reason not to look into him if hes available.

yeah, reggie williams only "non produced" 10 touchdowns last year. hes 6-4, hes fast, hes young, hes injury free, and hes an endzone magnet. and its obvious hes fallen out of favor over there in jacksonville because theyre signing every WR under the sun.

no reason not to look into him if hes available.

Damn, I didn't realize he had 10 TD's last year? I thought he was practically permanent bench status there now.

so the jags just got troy williamson and jerry porter locked up, which means they have ernest wilford/reggie williams/matt jones still on the roster. i would love to have any of those dudes here. reggie williams especially, he was an endzone machine last year, hes huge, and im pretty sure hes got ties to the DC area. what do you guys think about any of these guys? theres no way they keep all of them at this point.

You know... you bring up a good point. i would give up a 3rd for Reggie Williams. Here are his draft comments

Position: Wide Receiver

School: Washington Huskies Status: Junior

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 225

40-Yard Dash: 4.45 seconds

Positives: Reggie Williams has good speed for his size, great natural ability, and excellent hands. He is very physical, has good strength, and rarely loses out on a jump ball. In terms of player toughness, he is arguably as good as any other receiver in college football. He has great strength and often manhandles corners that try to jam him at the line of scrimmage. He has a great work ethic and has a history of coming through in big games.

Williams also takes pride in being a great blocker, something that is not real common in the college ranks. He is confident almost to a fault, and as a sophomore, he turned in the best receiving season in Washington Huskies' history.

Negatives: There's nothing wrong with Reggie Williams' physical skills. He has adequate speed, but is not what you would call a real burner. But there are questions about his character. His is so confident, he sometimes comes off as arrogant at times and has had issues with teammates because of it.

http://football.about.com/cs/playerprofiles/p/reggiewilliams.htm

He has been better and better each and every year in Jacksonville. He has lost a little weight, but hopefull it translated to speed... and he is young. I think he is worth a shot.

Archived