Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Divisive receivers are the solution?

GibbsRedskin

Someone please define "thug" for me. On a team full of legitimate criminals, how can CJ be labled a "thug." That's just beyond me.

What CJ has done on the field is not nearly as offensive to me as every time Marcus Washington girates after making a routine play. But neither of those acts can be labled "thugish."

Bring on CJ! I'd love to have him here!

EDIT: Guess my emotions got to me before I read all the post. I see thug has been defined a few times. Regardless, by any reasonable definition, calling CJ a thug is criminal!

Hail,

H

Any player who intentionally gets fined, takes penalties for showboating, and makes the game more about himself than the team is a thug in my book.

We can debate whether Chad Johnson is a thug, I think he is and that's my opinion. In Moss' case, it's not even debatable.

Ya, you pretty much completely made that up. Thats not even close to what the dictionary definition of the word thug is.

You know what is really aggravating about this thread? Most Redskins fans spent the weeks and months following Sean Taylor's death trying to convince people that weren't familiar with ST that he wasnt a thug.

Now we have this yahoo carelessly throwing the word around again. Some people never learn.

Any player who intentionally gets fined, takes penalties for showboating, and makes the game more about himself than the team is a thug in my book.

We can debate whether Chad Johnson is a thug, I think he is and that's my opinion. In Moss' case, it's not even debatable.

Im not the kind of guy to say someone's opinion is stupid, moronic, and asinine, but hey.....if it walks like a duck.

Thug–noun 1.a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer. 2.(sometimes initial capital letterthinsp.png) one of a former group of professional robbers and murderers in India who strangled their victims.

Show me some links that show Chad Johnson robbed, killed, or committed any act that could be classified as ruffian.

Just admit you inserted your foot in your mouth and move on.

Chad Johnson is an attention whore, not a thug.
That is correct about Johnson. I also dont think Moss is a thug either. He has had his moments but he is not a thug. Also Moss just happened to score 23 touchdowns last year which is a sigle season record, made the Patriots offense one of the best ever in the NFL, helped lead them to an undefeated season and almost to a superbowl victory. That so called thug you call Moss is one hell of a football player, explain to me how Moss hurt the Patriots last year, I bet you cant even name oen reason of how he hurt them. Look to my points in the post of how he helped the Patriots. I am not going to sit here and call you names OP for your opinion but lets just say I highly disagree with what you call a thug.. I will just leave it at that.

I actually thought this was going to be another B. Lloyd thread :laugh:

I think Chad Johnson and Randy Moss are thugs, but I will change the subject line of my post just so we can actually talk about the issue at hand instead of debate a word. I am damn well entitled to my opinion though.

The problem is you have an opinion contrary to fact

Therefore your opinion will be squashed in this thread

wow more character nonsense. people like this want an entire team of james thrashs and rock cartwrights so they can coast to 5-11 every season but have lots of character and class. complete nonsense.

anyone who thought portis or taylor (rip) are/were classy guys, think again. but you know what? they are/were both complete beasts on the field and thats what matters.

but i forgot, john riggins and dexter manley were true class acts. didnt matter when the skins made the playoffs every year.

Ocho Cinco isnt a thug either. His stuff is all just excessive celebrations and there have been plenty of teams that have won with charecters like that.

Even Steve Smith celebrated on a level that Chad Johnson has. This is kind of off topic, but people called Chad a cancer, specifically for the reason that they feel Chad's celebrations, brings attention to himself...if this is the case, why isn't Smith a cancer? Chad is just an entertainer. Football is a business, but it's also entertainment.

wow more character nonsense. people like this want an entire team of james thrashs and rock cartwrights so they can coast to 5-11 every season but have lots of character and class. complete nonsense.

anyone who thought portis or taylor (rip) are/were classy guys, think again. but you know what? they are/were both complete beasts on the field and thats what matters.

but i forgot, john riggins and dexter manley were true class acts. didnt matter when the skins made the playoffs every year.

Funny that we're being lectured about personnel issues by someone who loved the Brandon Lloyd signing. I'm so glad that waste of a signing is off this team.

Even Steve Smith celebrated on a level that Chad Johnson has. This is kind of off topic, but people called Chad a cancer, specifically for the reason that they feel Chad's celebrations, brings attention to himself...if this is the case, why isn't Smith a cancer? Chad is just an entertainer. Football is a business, but it's also entertainment.

I don't like either player...

I think Chad Johnson and Randy Moss are thugs, but I will change the subject line of my post just so we can actually talk about the issue at hand instead of debate a word. I am damn well entitled to my opinion though.

Your opinion is factually wrong and has been proven to be. I can say the Redskins colors are Maroon and Black all I want, but it doesn't make it so. If I go around and tell everyone that in my opinion, the colors of the team are Maroon and Black, regardless of the facts, how do you think people will perceive me?

Hail,

H

As is everyone else...some of which are that your opinion is wrong lol :)...Someone saying they think your opinion is wrong does not mean you're not entitled to it.

Hennagaijin,

I was a very vocal critic of Sean Taylor's on-the-field and off-the-field problems. However, he made honest and legitimate efforts to turn things around and appeared to be learning his lesson. That's what made his death even more tragic.

Which his exactly why you shouldnt carelessly throw around the word thug. As a Redskins fan, you know ST was incorrectly labeled a thug by the media. Why do you think its okay to do the same think to Johnson and Moss?

What's lame is that you think someone's OPINION is wrong.

Your opinion is foolish though. How can you refer to guys like Chad Johnson and Randy Moss as thugs. Do you even know what a thug is? I gave you a definition awhile back, so check it out and learn.

Maybe you should change your threat title to, "Brash receivers are the solution?" or maybe "Flamboyant receivers are the solution?" Im just saying man, you're borderline with the thug label, and you know what border I'm referring to.

Funny that we're being lectured about personnel issues by someone who loved the Brandon Lloyd signing. I'm so glad that waste of a signing is off this team.
Alot of people loved when we signed Lloyd I was one of them, who the hell actually knew all this stuff was going to happen with him, did you? Hindsight is a ***** huh?

So who wants to talk about the actual issue here?

Are players who disrupt the locker room and crave personal attention worth bringing in because of results on the field?

I believe the two things cancel each other out. The fact that neither Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, and Chad Johnson have zero championship rings between them speaks volumes.

Your opinion is factually wrong and has been proven to be. I can say the Redskins colors are Maroon and Black all I want, but it doesn't make it so. If I go around and tell everyone that in my opinion, the colors of the team are Maroon and Black, regardless of the facts, how do you think people will perceive me?

Hail,

H

The way this thread is going, we're going to have to move this discussion to the tailgate before long. :laugh:

Archived