Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Divisive receivers are the solution?

GibbsRedskin

I really don't get this guy, very subjective. He is saying he is right, for the same reasons he is saying others are wrong. He won't accept a news source he doesn't find to his liking, one he doesn't deem credible enough. Wow.

Come on man, just admit you made a wrong assumption and move on. Everyone will be much more forgiving if you do that.

I really don't get this guy, very subjective. He is saying he is right, for the same reasons he is saying others are wrong. He won't accept a news source he doesn't find to his liking, one he doesn't deem credible enough. Wow.

Come on man, just admit you made a wrong assumption and move on. Everyone will be much more forgiving if you do that.

He's insulted at least a half dozen posters in this thread.

I'm beginning to hate the offseason.

I will never root for randy moss, but CJ is a little differnt. He hurts his team by getting stupid penalties. I think someone would have a talk with him before he played for us. I think we would let him no that all that it isnt gonna fly around here.

What do you guys think of Jerry Porter? He's an UFA and will be 30 in July. He's from DC. He's 6'2. I say he's worth a shot. Only possible downside is that he might be expensive, and 30 isn't that young(but it isn't that old either).

(

Here are a couple of quotes from Vinny Ceratto in today's (2-28) Post article titled "Redskins to be selective"...

"I don't see us being a big player in the first couple of days of free agency."

"To add another receiver would be something we would be looking to do just for depth-wise..."

And a comment from JLC...

Washington also has interest in free agent wide receiver D.J. Hackett of the Seattle Seahawks, league sources said, but only at the right price.

This is encouraging news, imo. If we're looking to add a receiver for depth purposes, I think we'll look not only at Hackett, but also guys like Bryant Johnson, Jerry Porter, Andre Davs, and Drew Carter.

There has been lot of debate here about whether we should trade for Chad Johnson. While I feel he would give our offense an instant boost, I'm worried about not only the picks it would take to aquire him and the salary he would command, but also the real possibility that he's nearing the end of his window as an elite receiver. A big, inexpensive option like Porter, coupled with using a 2nd-5th round pick on a guy like Devin Thomas, Jordy Nelson, or Marcus Monk is a better option, imo.

Here is the link for the WP article...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/27/AR2008022703696.html

And here is a link for a listing of all 2008 WR free agents (as of 2-28)...

http://walterfootball.com/free2008WR.php

Archived