Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Divisive receivers are the solution?

GibbsRedskin

Alot of people loved when we signed Lloyd I was one of them, who the hell actually knew all this stuff was going to happen with him, did you? Hindsight is a ***** huh?
While I originally thought he would play better than he did, I did say from the beginning that we paid way too much money for him.

I was a very vocal critic of Sean Taylor's on-the-field and off-the-field problems. However, he made honest and legitimate efforts to turn things around and appeared to be learning his lesson. That's what made his death even more tragic.

This is veering off-topic, but it really bothered you that much that he wore unsanctioned socks a couple of times? And by extension, his death was made more tragic by the fact that he wore only sanctioned socks during the 2007 season? I find that reasoning hard to follow, either intellectually or emotionally. I also find it hard to believe that Sean Taylor's sock choices affected team chemistry one way or another (unless, possibly, they strengthened a bond between Taylor and Portis).

Nice try HailSkinz. You can't prove my opinion wrong.

You proved your own opinion wrong when you typed it and hit "submit."

I know thugs, hell I could've been seen as one at one time during my life...

Neither Randy Moss or Chad Johnson fit the mold of what I've seen during my life. Not in the streets of Detroit or the streets of D.C.

Good that you changed your threat title to something that makes sense though.

So who wants to talk about the actual issue here?

Are players who disrupt the locker room and crave personal attention worth bringing in because of results on the field?

I believe the two things cancel each other out. The fact that neither Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, and Chad Johnson have zero championship rings between them speaks volumes.

Actually, it says next to nothing. There are hundreds of receivers in the league who have "zero championship rings"...trying to draw some conclusion from that fact would be ludicrious.

Two of those three receivers have been to the Super Bowl, though...

This is veering off-topic, but it really bothered you that much that he wore unsanctioned socks a couple of times?
No, it bothered me that he spit in the face of an opponent during a playoff game and put our victory in jeopardy.

It's ridiculous how many of you constantly play the Taylor card around here when anyone criticizes a player they deem as one of low character. It's a very transparent and immature tactic and it needs to stop.

Were the Redskins we always pay to much money for players, double A comes to mind. I may be wrong but I think the front office is starting to learn from their mistakes.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!??!?! What are the examples?

I'm more convinced than ever now that Snyder and Cerrato pay employees to patrol this board and spread propaganda. There's simply no other way to explain such a ridiculous statement.

Are players who disrupt the locker room and crave personal attention worth bringing in because of results on the field?

I believe the two things cancel each other out. The fact that neither Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, and Chad Johnson have zero championship rings between them speaks volumes.

Not sure they disrupt lockerooms either. Most of their current teammates love those guys.

And there are alot of great "non-divisive" receivers who have zero rings. Does that really prove anything? There are more great "non-divisive" players who will never do anything as far as championships

Plaxico Burress won a championship this year and he is by no means a choir boy. In fact, by your extremely dimwitted definition of thug, he would be a thug.

The way this thread is going, we're going to have to move this discussion to the tailgate before long. :laugh:

Good point! :cheers:

Generally speaking, I don't want headcases, selfish players, or "thugs." ;)

But, I honestly don't see CJ as any of those. Is he self-promoting? Yes. But I don't think he was the reason for the Bengals struggles and I've never heard a teammate or coach speak ill of him (it may have happened, but I haven't heard it). All I've ever heard about CJ is that he's a workout warrior and film room junkie. I don't see him as disruptive.

T.O. has proven to be a disruptive force in the lockerroom, so yeah, I would stay away from him, regardless of the talent.

Moss....I might be a sucker, but I think he's turned the corner (much like you said previously about Sean Taylor) so I could deal with him.

A lot of good players don't have championship rings, so that shouldn't be an indicator of anything other than they haven't played on the best team for any given year.

But I will agree with you (I think we agree here), that in general, I'd rather not have guys that are very talented, but bring a lot of baggage.

Hail,

H

Funny that we're being lectured about personnel issues by someone who loved the Brandon Lloyd signing. I'm so glad that waste of a signing is off this team.

first of all, you obviously dont grasp my screen name whatsoever, and secondly, i am glad brandon lloyd is gone and i was never that psyched he was here in the first place. but him being a rapper or a "thug" has nothing to do with why i wanted him gone, he just wasnt producing. if he was producing 1000 yards a season with 7 TDs and rapping in the endzone after each catch i could care less.

Can too much talent be a bad thing? Remember what happened when we had Brandon Lloyd, Santana and Randle El? in 06 we were predicted to be the most fierce offensive team in the NFL...Quite the opposite.

But not to sure if I see that in this case, Chad Johnson is a proven star reciever...but what would we do with Santana that has seniority at this position with the Redskins? Instinct tells me Moss #2 because hes smaller... :helmet:

No, it bothered me that he spit in the face of an opponent during a playoff game and put our victory in jeopardy.

It's ridiculous how many of you constantly play the Taylor card around here when anyone criticizes a player they deem as one of low character. It's a very transparent and immature tactic and it needs to stop.

Man, you are reaching. You ran your mouth on here about Moss and Johnson being thugs. The fact of the matter is that many Redskins fans came to ST's defense in the weeks following his death in an attempt to try and help others see that ST was far from a thug. So ya, it rubs people the wrong way when you start a thread like this. Its immature, small-minded and completely idiotic to label someone a thug simply because you dont like them. Thats what this argument boils down to.

The Redskins need a WR that can consistently catch the football and score touchdowns. As long as the guy is not a child molestor I do not care how they fill the need.

Why draw the line there? A child molester would be good with his hands.....

Wow, even I know that was a horrible joke. :)

Lloyd Christmas,

I don't care about rapping either, this has to do with bad attitudes, celebration penalties, and egos.

wow, guys celebrate, who cares? laron landry got late hit penalties and a huge blatant taunting foul, do you want him gone too? i guess hes not a character guy either.

and you have no clue what some of these guys "attitudes" are, you only know what the media feeds you and heresay from other players. for all i know, TO is the best lockeroom guy ever. dallas didnt erupt this year while going 13-3 did they? did the pats lose their lockerroom with randy moss while going 16-0? let me know how these horrible attitude guys killed their team.

and as far as chad johnson goes, his "bad attitude" didnt ruin their season, their horrid pourus defense did that for them.

Archived