Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are there any Skins fans over 80 left?????

dyounker44

I made a mental note to come back to this thread in 39 years.

Sorry, had to laugh at that one.

This is the "Strawhatter" and I'm 75 and going strong....

Hoping there are a lot more of us so called "old timers" out here supporting the Redskins.

Bless you Strawhatter. Sorry the games have been priced beyond your reach, but they're beyond mine too. Please come back often to give us young punks some good "old-timer" perspective.:cheers:

The calls for all military personnel to "report to gate... ASAP" flooded the PA systems of the old ballparks. People were really scared. No one knew what had happened b/c there were no cell phones, tv's, portable radios etc. The games cont. but the PA announcers were instructed not to spill the news of the attack to the gameday crowds.

My father was there.. and I often remember his stories about it as well.

My father died at the young age of 55, before the Redskins lost to the DOlphins in Super Bowl VII. He would be 87 today if he were alive. And still griping about the Skins.

Gotta give props to my mom here. She is 70 (I know its not 80). But she is a die hard skins fan. She lives in Texas and she calls me everytime the skins play and tells me how great (or bad) they did. (like I didn't already know) My dad is a pesimist when it comes to the skins, so he doesn't watch all that much.....but my mom. Gotta love her.

74 and working on it. Had 4 season tickets at RFK for over 20 years 40-50 yard line lower level section 208. Retired and moved to Myrtle Beach, SC. Attended 2 games last season but seats were in the nose bleed section and I can't climb any longer. Still keep my fingers crossed each season and have Direct TV for all the games. Will always be a Redskins fan good or bad years. Your team is your team. Thanks for asking......

My grandfather in law knew a lot of the players from WAAAAAAYY back in the day, as he was a waiter at a restaurant that the players frequented. He even got cards from them while he was in Italy during WWII!

Too bad he doesn't have them anymore. :(

Did he work at the Bloody Bucket in Anacostia? That used to be a Redskiins player hangout.

Archived