Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we draft Zbikowski in the 3rd? (Merged)

Russell Shotgun

I imagine most of those saying no probably didn't watch him play much. I went to ND and watched him live several games. He is a ball hawk, tough as nails, and a great leader. I remember watching practices and everyone on that team highly respected him. Don't forget that he adds a lot of value as a special teams player as well.

The real question is what round pick he is worth. I don't think a 3rd is unfair. Two years ago Mel Kiper Jr had him ranked as a 1st round pick.

Adam Archuleta version 2. Just watch. A guy with limited talent, but good combine numbers. I mean if we somehow fill all our needs in the draft, we might as well draft him to be the designated punt protector. Hey, he'll come at a 64th of the price as the original one.

Well at least Tom was a safety in college. Archuleta was just an undersized Linebacker.

Exactly I wasn't saying he would be a starter or a pro-bowler im just saying i think he would be great for our special teams and give us some depth at saftey. and he's a boxer so you know he is tough as nails. Plus i would take him over Will Demps any day

I imagine most of those saying no probably didn't watch him play much. I went to ND and watched him live several games. He is a ball hawk, tough as nails, and a great leader. I remember watching practices and everyone on that team highly respected him. Don't forget that he adds a lot of value as a special teams player as well.

The real question is what round pick he is worth. I don't think a 3rd is unfair. Two years ago Mel Kiper Jr had him ranked as a 1st round pick.

story going around on some of the draft sites...it seems one of the personnel men from chicago (i believe) was ragging on him at the combine saying that he didnt have the speed to stay with most of the wideouts at the combine.. he supposedly told the personnel guy that if he couldnt cover the speedy wideouts, he would hit them so hard after they caught the ball that they wouldnt want to come off the bench for the next plays... and that if chicago didnt take him he would be more than happy to go to any of the other division teams and punish chicago receivers twice a year for the next 10 years.

if true, got to admire his attitude...

if that is true, i wouldnt be surprised if he ended up a bear

for a 3rd round pick? meaning we'd draft him at the 84 spot, I don't think it's a wasteful pick, depends upon who else is available on the board. At that point they should be taking the highest rated player regardless of postion as we can use depth throughout the team.

the only for sure is that this guy will be drafted earlier than he should

so - no we should not be reaching on a player when we still need top end talent

it s ok to have favorite players- we all do - it is supposed to be the o of the gm and coaches to look past all the fan aspects and they dont always do it

put this same player at san jose st #38? vanderbilt? northern illinois? woul these different situtions affect his draft position?

main point- this guy will be drafted to early, i hope its not by us- good depth in this years draft at oline and maybe a little de - we need to hit on our 2,3,4's this year

story going around on some of the draft sites...it seems one of the personnel men from chicago (i believe) was ragging on him at the combine saying that he didnt have the speed to stay with most of the wideouts at the combine.. he supposedly told the personnel guy that if he couldnt cover the speedy wideouts, he would hit them so hard after they caught the ball that they wouldnt want to come off the bench for the next plays... and that if chicago didnt take him he would be more than happy to go to any of the other division teams and punish chicago receivers twice a year for the next 10 years.

if true, got to admire his attitude...

if that is true, i wouldnt be surprised if he ended up a bear

Sounds like he's taken too many jabs to the skull during his amatuer boxing exploits if he thinks he's going to be any good in the NFL. There are a lot of reasons ND's defense has been a joke for the past 3 years, and he's a big one.

Edit: Ok, i take that back. He WAS the best player on ND's defense the past 2 years, but thats like being the least gay male figure skater.

The guy is a GREAT player. I would love to have him on the Skins. He is a bigger hitter than Landry, and is a great special teams player as well. Not to mention, he automatically becomes the baddest mofo in football. He could beat anyone's azz in the NFL.

Exactly I wasn't saying he would be a starter or a pro-bowler im just saying i think he would be great for our special teams and give us some depth at saftey. and he's a boxer so you know he is tough as nails. Plus i would take him over Will Demps any day

You're going to spend a 3rd round pick on a backup safety or special teams player? :laugh:

I watched ND the past 2 years because I have a running bet against them. Their D was horrible, and he was a big part of it. The guy can't cover. Other posters are right though, someone will draft him too early.

It's ok to have favorite college players, but it doesn't mean the Redskins should draft every one of them.

• 1 month later...

I wanna bump this thread, because we didn't have a 3rd rd COMPENSATORY PICK when the thread was started, and I think T Zbikowski would be a PERFECT CHOICE in the COMP selection spot.

He was a semi-finalist for the Thorpe and Lott awards, and set the ALL-TIME tackle record for DBs at Notre Dame. (Plus that 49 second knockout is a testament to his strength and his reach). He WOULD provide the depth we've been looking for at SS, and provide some competition for Doughty..

PS, I think the comparisons to Adam Archuletta are fair, HOWEVER don't forget that arch WAS GREAT with NY and STL. It wasn't until he came HERE that he started stinkin' up the joint.

So we could get some great years out of Zbikowski too :2cents:

Two words....Kenny Phillips!

I'm down with KPhil too, but he's gonna come at too high a price (in draft choice terms).

Zbikowski is a guy we can dig up in later rounds, so we can use those higher picks for the trenches (where we REALLY need help).

:2cents:

PS, I think the comparisons to Adam Archuletta are fair, HOWEVER don't forget that arch WAS GREAT with NY and STL. It wasn't until he came HERE that he started stinkin' up the joint.

So we could get some great years out of Zbikowski too :2cents:

Archuleta never played for NY. He also has never been "GREAT".

Worst thread bump ever.

Archived