Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

See 1st Post Updated Blog @ 3:37 PM ET: 2/22 Cerrato speaks

RWJ

After spending THREE of the last 4 #1 picks on the secondary, I really can't see using yet another top pick on a safety or corner, there are other positions on the team that need to be addressed as well :D

for impact in 2008, go the free agent route for depth in the secondary and use the draft choices to build up OL and DL :)

I wonder what Darwin Walker and Rod Coleman have left? :)

At one time both players showed a good inside push from the DT slot.

Neither is a long-term solution, but a bridge for 2008? That's a possibility.

I would not read too much into what Zorn says right now, other than establishing that Campbell is going to be the starting QB.

He is still familiarizing himself with the roster and the coaches especially Blache will have some additional insights to share with Jim about what the team needs for 2008.

Update on the blog:

Zorn on Needing a Big Receiver

Zorn, as told to Maske at the Combine: "I don't know about a bigger kind of guy. You'd love to have the biggest, fastest guy that you can get that would dominate. But to slot a guy and say, 'We have to have a big guy on that side,' I don't know if I'd put that as a label or a necessity. Everybody wants the biggest, fastest, most dominating receivers that they can possibly get. That's what we'll be looking for and hopefully we'll have an opportunity to get a good guy. I don't want to discount the guys we've already got. Santana, he's solid. Antwaan, he's solid. There's other guys here that will have their opportunity as well."

I say we have to be patient, hold onto our 1st and draft the best OG in the draft, Alberts. I think he'll be there at #21.

Stop, I'm getting excited about drafting a 1st round OL. I wish we would, but I would be surprised if Vinny ever got any lineman, offensive or defensive, in the first round. He seems to consider linemen as only 3rd round material at best.

Since you're there: can you ask if anyone there even considers trading our first rounder with one of the 4-12 or 5-11 teams for their 2nd and 3rd picks? One of the top 3 guards available should still be around then and it'd give us a chance for another OL in the first 75 picks.

Stop, I'm getting excited about drafting a 1st round OL. I wish we would, but I would be surprised if Vinny ever got any lineman, offensive or defensive, in the first round. He seems to consider linemen as only 3rd round material at best.

Since you're there: can you ask if anyone there even considers trading our first rounder with one of the 4-12 or 5-11 teams for their 2nd and 3rd picks? One of the top 3 guards available should still be around then and it'd give us a chance for another OL in the first 75 picks.

I am home posting like everyone else. I just found that the Skin's blog was updated and posted it in a new thread. I wish I had direct connections to the Skin's brass so I could do what you asked.:)

Zorn is leaving the defense in Blaches hands and somthing tells me Blache is going to want to keep "his guys" on the D line. Outside in is still alive.
I am pretty sure that Blache has stated that he would like to get another DE on the other side of Carter. I hope we either draft a D-lineman or get one in free agency. But I like what Zorn has to say. The more I hear from Zorn the more I like him. It seems like he really knows exactly what he wants to do and has a direction. I love Joe Gibbs and the past 4 years were great and I am going to miss him, but I just felt with Gibbs you never really knew what direction they wanted to go in, who was in charge of what, but with Zorn he seems to say exactly what he wants to do, who is in charge, I dunno I just feel like we have more direction now and everyone knows who in charge and what they are suppose to do. I dunno thats my opinino and I am sticking to it.

Blondie, did you hear that, Zorn wants Cartwright back. That is music to your ears. He's a true Redskins. Kind of funny since he was a Cowboy fan before being drafted.

I can't wait to hear what people say about him when he leaves in search of more money. True Redskin. Gary Clark was a true Redskin. The last true Redskin. Cartwright just happens to be one of few people the Skins have drafted in a late round that has played well enough to stay on the team. He wants to go somewhere he will get more carries and that's fine with me. Marcus Mason is a very good running back and I want to give him a chance.

Good finally some one wants to address our O-line if Zorn and Buges fix the line then Portis is going to have a monster year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im with you on the quiet majority that thinks the Skins should start addressing the offensive line. I would love to see the tackle from Utah or that guard from Virginia taking in the 1st rd, def line in the 2nd, off line again in the 3rd, safety with the 5th, cb with the 6th and another dt with the 7th.

We have one of the older lines in the league, so addresssing the right side of ther line for the future would seem to make sense. Then having a young Heyer to learn from Samuels at the Lt and maybe a free agent pickup at left guard. I agree with all the posts that the Def line has not really been served well in the last 10 years through the draft.It would be nice to find someone in the 2nd rd and go after Justin Smith in FA.

He said that? Or are you assuming that?

he said that on Redskin Radio or Sports Talk 980, there is a thread on here somewhere that recapped what he said. basically they want to Develop Chris Wilson more, he concedes that we may need a DT but it is not his priority

I can't wait to hear what people say about him when he leaves in search of more money. True Redskin. Gary Clark was a true Redskin. The last true Redskin. Cartwright just happens to be one of few people the Skins have drafted in a late round that has played well enough to stay on the team. He wants to go somewhere he will get more carries and that's fine with me. Marcus Mason is a very good running back and I want to give him a chance.

If he does sign with another team, his position is replaceable. Not a huge loss, however signing him to a modest contract, not 2 million as suggested, would be nice.

Why? He started off his career here by drafting an O-Lineman in the first round (Samuels).

Jason

corner is definitely a need area. however, my argument is that we should be looking to FA to find a veteran corner and leave the draft choices for the lines.

See the 1st post as VC has stated we will be quiet during FA. Florence would be a nice PU at a modest price as will Hackett.

Archived