Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Art Monk sighting

mikalax2

I just wanted to let you guys know a great feeling i had tonight. I was at the Wizards game and they showed Art on the jumbo screen at the game. The crowd went crazy for like 5 minutes. It was awesome. It was great to see everyone show their appreciation and he definitely enjoyed it. It was the loudest I've heard in that stadium in a while. Good times.

HAIL!!

I just wanted to let you guys know a great feeling i had tonight. I was at the Wizards game and they showed Art on the jumbo screen at the game. The crowd went crazy for like 5 minutes. It was awesome. It was great to see everyone show their appreciation and he definitely enjoyed it. It was the loudest I've heard in that stadium in a while. Good times.

HAIL!!

That's great to hear dude. Do you think ART is made about the name change?

What is a Wizards? :D

I was at the game too and had a chance to say congratulations to Art as he walked to his seat. He and Charles Mann were having dinner at the Accela lounge upstairs before the game. I saw them there but didn't want to bother them. Luckily his seats during the game were one section over from mine. The crowd definitely went crazy when they realized he was there.

I got the rare and unique chance to interview Art Monk on a TV show I produced on public access TV in the summer of 1991 (Who knew that would be the year the Skinz went to the Superbowl and had a 14-2 season) in Virginia. He was running his football camp. He took time out to talk to me and my friend. He was nothing but nice and was such a classy down to earth gentleman. After the interview he took a bit more time to speak with us. We had talked about football and how the other teams would do in the NFC East. In fact the camp coodrdinators asked us if we were staying in town to flim a couple of days of his camp but we had to head back to DC the very same day. My buddy had to work that afternoon (grrrrr). We probably could have gotten more footage and more time with not only Monk but Charles Mann too (he was there that day as well). If the Hall of Fame were for players whose off the field accomplishements were the criteria he would have already have been in.

NOW IF I CAN JUST FIND THE VIDEOTAPE OF THAT INTERVIEW I DID...MAN I HOPE I DID NOT THROW IT AWAY OR ERASE IT!! :doh1:

Archived