Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

how about a south dakota kicker?

jaydean

i, personally, would like to see the redskins pick up taylor mehlhaff as a kicker. he set all kinds of records at wisconsin, and his dad told me the other day that taylor is a huge redskins fan........i think it would be nice to have a 22 year old kicker on our team for the future? what do you think? if we could get him late round, it might be a good addition.

I think it would be nice for people to believe in the kicker we already have. Suisham was one of the better kickers in the league last year and some people just don't give him any respect. He is young and hopefully he will improve over time. If he improves upon what he already is, he will be one of the most dangerous in the league. I would not get rid of him for an unproven commodity.

i'm not saying that i don't beleive in our current kicker, because i do....i'm just saying that it wouldn't hurt to have a backup plan on the team, and maybe have some incredible competition between two good kickers.....God knows that we've lost games where field goals and extra points would have helped us.......

i'm not saying that i don't beleive in our current kicker, because i do....i'm just saying that it wouldn't hurt to have a backup plan on the team, and maybe have some incredible competition between two good kickers.....God knows that we've lost games where field goals and extra points would have helped us.......

we lost more games where less drops and fumbles would have made the difference. Kicker competition is cool but forget it if it costs us anything, more important things elsewhere. Swisham was solid

God knows that we've lost games where field goals and extra points would have helped us.......

"Everyone" losses games because the kicker misses a kick. It happens to every team.

Suisham was 6th in field goals made this season. He missed one extra point.

He was fifth in attempts. Only two people that had as many attempts had a better average. He was 29 of 35. Four of his misses came from 40-49 and one came from 50+. That is five kicks he missed pass the forty and those are hardly give me kicks. Closer than forty he is pretty much dead on.

I really think he can improve on kickoffs. He only averages around 56 yards per kickoff which is not very good. But our special teams gets credit because his return average is in the top ten with around a 19 yard average return.

I just don't think kicker should be that big of a priority. We always bring in kickers in the offseason just like every team does. I just don't think we should be looking for someone else, especially one that is unproven.

Why not go after this guy, Shane Longest, that Peter Queen talked about yesterday. How could you not want competition in training camp, especially from a kicker with the name "Longest". Even though I am more comfortable with Suisham then any kicker in the past 10+ years.

Couldn't this guy free up a roster spot being the PK and punter?

The aptly named Shane Longest of St. Xavier (Ill.) University will be attending the combine this week.

Longest is a kicker and punter. Longest's longest field in 2007 was from 55 yards, and Longest is long off the tee too -- he had 20 touchbacks last fall. As a punter, Longest's longest was 75 yards.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/02/17/long/2.html

I think it would be nice for people to believe in the kicker we already have. Suisham was one of the better kickers in the league last year and some people just don't give him any respect. He is young and hopefully he will improve over time. If he improves upon what he already is, he will be one of the most dangerous in the league. I would not get rid of him for an unproven commodity.

were we watching the same guy this year? He was short on the majority of kickoffs, he kicked more than a few kickoffs out of bounds and he is in the middle of the pack in FG% for last year. Theres def. room for improvement.

Archived