Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Cooley? Tight end? West coast offense?

GeNuIneReDSkiN

]']What are you talking about? That stud DE out of X University will solve all of our Red Zone Offense problems.

Red zone offense will be taken care of by the WCO. No more trying to muscle it in 3 times via the run like we've tried and failed to do.

When you have a 3 WR set, a pass catching TE and Portis in the backfield with a healthy O-line, this shouldn't be an issue next year.

what?

what do you mean "what am I talking about?"..??

I'm talking about Offense, what is a DE have anything to do with Chris Cooley and a possession receiver and our Offense?

Is the DE we are going to draft going to be a hybrid WR or something too?

IM a littttle lost..

Some kind of a glitch happened there I bet. His answer had nothing to do with the question that I could see. Also, some posts show the corrected thread title and others still show it as offence. :whoknows:

The WCO does take advantage of accurate QB's that do not have the strongest arms.

O-line is different. No system takes advantage of a weak O-line. In fact good WCO lines are very agile and strong at the same time; you have to be both to pass block effectively as well as run block using a zone block technique (most WCO teams use this more often than not). WCO O-lines aren't the biggest lineman (Denver is a prime example) but they are athletic and quick.

Let's just say Derrick Dockery would never be an O-lineman for a WCO team :laugh:

The Randy Thomas should be awesome in the WCO.

Zorn has said that Cooley will be a HUGE part of the OFFENSE.

Zorn has said a lot of things...I'll believe it when I see it.

Haha, I'm j/k but I'm sure we'll see Cooley about just as much as we have in the past. He was such a target that I think we have been seeing him more than we were supposed to (we had no open WRs) haha.

In England we say Offence too. Just saying.

I asked this question in another thread, I am glad it got addressed here however. I think he will be a productive fantasy draftee for sure and I cannot wait to see what sort of O (diplomacy calls) we are going to field this year with Captain Chaos on the field.

In England we say Offence too. Just saying.

I asked this question in another thread, I am glad it got addressed here however. I think he will be a productive fantasy draftee for sure and I cannot wait to see what sort of O (diplomacy calls) we are going to field this year with Captain Chaos on the field.

Offence in England, is that really how you spell it or just say it?

Also in your SIG, "I would rather have a daughter in a brothel then a son in a Cowboy Uniform."

I don't know about England, but in America that means you would rather have your daughter in the brothel first, THEN your daughter in a Cowboy Uniform. Sounds like you want both, just prefer a certain order. :yikes:

*No offence intended, just having fun. :silly:

What do you think about S. Heyer fitting in? I think he is a heavy legged waist bender. His long arms make up for his slow feet, from what I have seen.

With a full year in the strength and conditioning program you should see a marked improvement in Stephon Heyers quickness. For his size he has a small lower body, which translates into slow feet, his lower body is not strong enough to propel him very quickly. If he adds 15-20 lbs lean muscle mass in the legs and gluts he will be a lot more effective pass blocking as well as run blocking.

Offence in England, is that really how you spell it or just say it?

Also in your SIG, "I would rather have a daughter in a brothel then a son in a Cowboy Uniform."

I don't know about England, but in America that means you would rather have your daughter in the brothel first, THEN your daughter in a Cowboy Uniform. Sounds like you want both, just prefer a certain order. :yikes:

*No offence intended, just having fun. :silly:

I understand his sig and think it's one of the funnier ones around. Besides, it's a quote from another board member who lives in the USA.

With a full year in the strength and conditioning program you should see a marked improvement in Stephon Heyers quickness. For his size he has a small lower body, which translates into slow feet, his lower body is not strong enough to propel him very quickly. If he adds 15-20 lbs lean muscle mass in the legs and gluts he will be a lot more effective pass blocking as well as run blocking.

From my understanding, its hard to change the way you get low. Yes, with focus and effort it can be improved, but its hard. He is young, so that is his biggest advantage.

Getting low and bending at the knees is not something you teach to men, you teach them when they are boys. Even there, either they have it or they don't. Stephon makes up for it with his initial punch and his long arms that keep defenders out of his grill. The problem happens once he begins to be beat, he doesn't have the footwork and to recover.

I am pulling for Heyer big time, I love the kid's heart and attitude. Now that we know he is worth the effort, I think Buges will do his best getting the kid to be more balanced in his lower body and help him to work on bending the knees for explosion. His run blocking skills with improve drastically.

He fit really well into what Gibbs was trying to do, but he will need to work harder than ever to fit with the WCO.

Guest NebraSKIN

Watching Nebraska's transition to the WCO.... TE's have become very important.... Especially on 3rd down and in the red zone. Lots of catches across the middle. Some TE screens. It should be fun to watch Cooooooooley in this offense.

Archived