carter23

What's should the Redskins look for this year  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What's should the Redskins look for this year

• Potential
    • Polish
    • Names that will sell a lot of jerseys

http://deadspin.com/357406/eli-cover-boy

One would think someone like, say, Adrian Peterson would be a natural pick. Well, I've got news for you, mister: There are some rumblings that EA Sports is looking toward Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning to grace the latest edition of the game.

If Manning is selected to the cover of the 2009 Madden game Eli would be another quarterback in a long line of past Madden covers including McNabb, Vick, and Culpepper.

Yikes! Some careers those guys turned out to have after that. Good thing Vince Young reversed the Madden Curse this past year with a statistically horrid season that somehow resulted in a playoff appearance.

LOL, if this happens, I can guarantee you that Eli tanks this year. People talk about the Madden curse, but they only get it half right. Yes, players have horrible years after appearing on Madden(usually ending their careers). However, that happens mostly because of who Madden choses to put on the cover. Madden choses people who have one good year, rather than players with established careers. They chose people bound to collapse. If they pick Manning, they must have done their research, and know hes not as good as they say. They have a gift for it.

Ask yourself, why doesnt Madden ever choose someone like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady to be on the cover?

LOL, if this happens, I can guarantee you that Eli tanks this year. People talk about the Madden curse, but they only get it half right. Yes, players have horrible years after appearing on Madden(usually ending their careers). However, that happens mostly because of who Madden choses to put on the cover. Madden choses people who have one good year, rather than players with established careers. They chose people bound to collapse. If they pick Manning, they must have done their research, and know hes not as good as they say. They have a gift for it.

Ask yourself, why doesnt Madden ever choose someone like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady to be on the cover?

Manning hasn't been able to be on the Madden cover. He was under contract to the now defunct NFL Fever franchise on the original XBox to be their longtime cover guy until like 2009 or something.

And maybe they've asked Tom Brady but he said no thanks. They asked LT last year and he said no since he didn't want to do the promotional stuff that goes with it, and I also think I remember hearing he had an issue with the pay he'd get for doing all of it.

They try to get big guys (Ray Lewis, Faulk...McNabb wasn't exactly small time), but a lot of guys just don't care to do it.

Archived