Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two Questions...(non skins fan) (merge--could be troll picnic)

dan454

1: Did the 1987 replacement Skins get rings?

2: Is there only 1 official group known as "The Hoggettes(sp?)" Or has the outfit simply become a symbol of a wannabe Skins fan?

You don't detect any disrespect, cos it's not there. I really wanna know.... from the skinsfans perspective.

GO COWBOYS!

1: I think only those who were on the roster at the end of the year got rings, just like any other year. This included one replacement player who impressed Gibbs enough to earn a permanent roster spot - his name escapes me now.

EDIT: It was 3 - Dennis Woodbury, Joe Caravello and Anthony Allen. Allen was the one I was thinking of.

2: Only one group of Hoggettes.

This included one replacement player who impressed Gibbs enough to earn a permanent roster spot - his name escapes me now.

EDIT: It was 3 - Dennis Woodbury, Joe Caravello and Anthony Allen. Allen was the one I was thinking of.

Also, Craig McEwen. TE/RB. He stayed for the '88 season. I actually knew him and hungout with him (through mutual friends) waaayyyy back then. #32 (I think) with the Redskins and then went on to San Diego for a few years.

It would be seriously interesting to be a list of all the people that got rings from all three on the Super Bowls. I have search the net a few times and not found anything.

I'd almost be willing to place a wager that the 1987 Replacement Skins got rings. How could they not?....unless it was in their contracts.

I'm actually surprised that no one here really knows.

P.S. For the record...I never clicked on whatever that was.

P.S.S. I'm a Cowboys fan from Dallas, living in Philly, on a Redskins forum, and the sucko Giants won the SB.

irony oozing

1: I think only those who were on the roster at the end of the year got rings, just like any other year. This included one replacement player who impressed Gibbs enough to earn a permanent roster spot - his name escapes me now.

I thought Raven Caldwell was a replacement player. There was also that guy Derrick Brills who was an offensive lineman. They talked about him in the America's game DVD. There were probably a few others in there, but I don't remember who they are. Just break out that Redskins A-Z and you will get the answere.

I'd almost be willing to place a wager that the 1987 Replacement Skins got rings. How could they not?....unless it was in their contracts.

P.S.S. I'm a Cowboys fan from Dallas, living in Philly, on a Redskins forum, and the sucko Giants won the SB.

irony oozing

As a group, the Replacement Players did not get rings. I used to be friends with one of them and he did not get a ring. I believe the poster who mentioned that a handful of them who remained on the team received rings. But as a group, no they didn't.

There is no hard and fast rule for who gets a ring.

Hail,

H

Love the typo in your sig. How appropriate.

"Prrof" Cowboy fans are as mentally challenged as I thought.

Just bustin your balls. I have to say when I went to the game in Dallas this year, I had no problem with the fans at all. Fun group....I will tell you though, I did "accidentally" miss the toilet a few times to leave some Redskin fan DNA in that butthole of a stadium.

irony oozing

If you get hurt and put on IR then then it's logical that you WOULD get a ring since you would not be cut like the rest of the players were after the 3rd replacement game. I believe the rules are that a player that is hurt cannot be cut unless there is an injury settlement.

Archived