Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would you fix the hole at WR??

jivelikenice

I cant 100% blame those stats on our wideouts. JC and the playcalling had alot to do with that. That said, I love Moss and ARE (& Cooley). I said, and have said - we need someone to move the chains similar to Welker and get us first downs.

I just think it was too much responsibility placed on Jason's shoulders to be able to run Sauders' playbook like Trent Greene or Collins. At least with Zorn who played the position, Jim will be more understanding of what Jason Campbell's positives are for Zorn's version of the WCO.

We need not panick and cut our WRs. Just add that missing piece with a big target. In my opinion, that large target is Anthony Mix. This guy needs to play. Besides, the first year of running Zorn's offense may take several games to master and why not have Mix in the mix.

I don't want to see us trade away any of our 1st day draft picks for a WR. If we can get a good one via FA fine, if not perhaps Mix will step up and be our tall possession receiver. If not then draft a WR NEXT year or perhaps we could pick up Fitzgerald then as I "think" he is going into the last year of his contract this year.

so where did all this salary cap come from to take the cap hits on trading lloyd and moss, and cap hits that williams and ocho would cost us.

on top of all this, you have us signing briggs?

the cap is an issue!!!!! we are 13 over at this point....we can restructure and make cuts to get a few million under the cap to sign a couple free agents and our draft pcks....but you would add like 20 million to our cap w/ your trade plans and added on salaries.

You don't understand the cap; therefore don't discuss it! We are $3.9M over the cap as of the 16th of February and we have not restructured Portis or Springs. We have not announced Brandon Lloyd as our designated June 1st cut. We have not cut Daniels or possibly Jansen. We will settle some where around $15M under if we need that much.

Signing Chad Johnson, Lance Briggs, and whoever else would cost no more than $4M each the first year. Let's assume we paid a whopping $21M signing bonus for a seven year deal. The first three years of salary will be league minimum of around $800k. The bonus would count for 1/7, or $3M per year and their salary would be $800k. That would be a cap hit this year of $3.8M. If you did three guys like this it would add less than $12M to this year's cap.

Archived