Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Would you go to Toronto? (read first)

artmonkforHOF

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The Bills have announced that they will play 5 regular season games and 3 pre season games in Toronto over the next 5 years. The opponents and dates have yet to be determined, but if one of those 5 games is The Redskins vs. Bills, would you make the trip up North to see the game?

Keep in mind the following factors:

1)This game will be at a premium price, rumour has it there will be less than 5000 seats availbe for under $100.

2) The Rogers Centre (formerly the Skydome) is a small stadium, only seating about 60,000 for the game.

3) There are very few open parking lots near the Rogers Centre so tailgating might be out of the question.

I don't know why an owner with a stadium that seats 80K would go to another city with a stadium that seats 60K. Unless he thinks that he'll get a sellout faster in Toronto then Buffalo.

the owners of the Rogers Centre are paying Ralph Wilson big bucks to come here, more than he would stand to make at 1 home game in Buffalo. he also feels jacking the prices is justified in Toronto as these games are "special events". Buffalo ticekt prices are some of the lowest in the league and the fear is the Buffalo fans can not afford a higher ticekt price.

I don't know why an owner with a stadium that seats 80K would go to another city with a stadium that seats 60K. Unless he thinks that he'll get a sellout faster in Toronto then Buffalo.

Because he could establish merchandising potential/TV viewership in a city with a population of 2.5 million people?

I live in Canada and like most of the 30 some million people in canada I hate toronto. Been there once to see the hockey hall of fame, CN tower, and the skydome; other than that i see why everyone hates toronto and everything from it. If you ever watch the national news in Canada events or important news items are always related to toronto. ie. "the murder happend in kenora, 14 hours west of toronto". The Bills have a lot of fans from toronto and could make the move there in the near future, but no i would not go there if the giants played the bills there. Now if the giants played the vikings i may consider (a LOT closer) but the vikings own the giants.

I voted for the first two, I love tailgating but I love the Skins just a bit more. Money isn't much of an object if I have a chance to see a game. I booked a flight up to DC for the last game against Bufalo as soon as it became apparent that my tickets for the Tampa game had fallen through. (Before the Taylor tragedy)

I need to hear this story. Our provience has a history of not kicking people out when they should, so you must have done something to really piss someone off.

Ontario PISSED me off, so they threw me out. :doh:

I was asked by Die Hard and others here years ago to come forth with this story, so I guess this is a good of a time as any to tell it.

Back in 1998 when I was an over-the-road trucker and got a load out of Grand Rapids, MI to Toronto. When I got to the US/Canada boarder, I was asked some questions like, “Have you ever been to Canada before?” and “Do you have any felonies?” to “Do you own any guns?”

I answered “no, no and yes” but I also said that my guns were back home in MD and not with me.

They asked me to pull my truck over to this building to the side and wait for an inspector.

I complied and when the inspector came out he told me to stand in the yellow 4-foot square box painted on the pavement while they SEARCHED my truck. If I didn’t grant them permission to search, I would be denied entree into Ontario.

I complied since I had nothing to hide and I need to get the load to Toronto so I could get paid.

After almost an hour of him searching, I needed to sit down, but I had no chair, so I left the box to dit down on the curb near by and the inspector YELLED at me when he saw me out of the box and said that I have to stay in the box or he could deny my entree right then and there. I stood back in the box and after another hour, he was finished tearing my whole inside of my truck and sleeper section apart. All my belongings were thrown on the floor and they even ripped the carpeting out on the sleeper walls. He then came out and told me to follow him inside to see if I had any felonies, in which I didn’t, so since they didn’t find anything illegal, they said I could go on my way to Toronto.

I was so pissed that they tore my truck apart like they did, but I didn’t have time to put it all back together since I had to be in Toronto in a few hours, so while I was being unloaded, I put everything back. Shortly after I was unloaded, I got a load to head to NYC, so I was out of there in a flash.

About 3 months later, I got another load to Toronto, but this time when I got to the boarder, I told them I had no guns when questioned. I guess they had a file on me because when they ran my driver’s license, it came up with my answers from my pervious time I was there and they told me to pull over to the side building. When the inspector came out, he said that they don’t like liars and if I protest just one time, I will be asked to leave the country. I told him I don’t like the fact that I was treated the way I was treated the last time I was there and if you are going to tear apart my truck again, I want you to put everything back this time.

He got real pissed at me and called someone on his 2-way radio and before I knew it, there were boarder cops everywhere. They grabbed me and threw me down on the ground; hand cuffed me and told me I have two options.

One, I can cooperate with the search and shut up.

Two, I can get back into my truck and head back to the US, but if I take option 2, I will never be allowed to enter Ontario again.

I choose to get back in my truck and leave.

Got back into the US and called dispatch and they had someone else deliver the load and I have not stepped foot in Ontario since and I am not about to find out if I can came back either.

F them bastages.

Good to see that Bills tickets will bring the same raping that Leaf tickets do.

Personally I would love to see the NFL come to Toronto and Canada in general and see the CFL become an official farm system, for the NFL

I have been hoping that could happen to. Why fight it? The nfl takes the best players they can from the cfl and let them compete at camp. Moon, garcia, sellers, flutie, printers, many others get their start in the cfl and move up. You won't find a player anywhere in the cfl who would only play canadian ball and turn down a chance to play in the nfl. It would be excellent if they could work together as a farm team system. The nfl waiver wire is the equivelant talent as most of the cfl imo, its just whether they can play the different schemes and positions in the cfl (some can't). Still, **** toronto.

Considering I've never been to Buffalo and don't have any plans of going there, I wouldn't be any less likely to go see the Skins if they played a game in Toronto. I've actually been to Toronto twice.

I'd be more enthused about taking a trip to Canada than I would be about taking a trip to Buffalo, so I'd probably be MORE likely to go see the Skins play in Toronto than in Buffalo.

Archived