Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

He who laughs last...

SkinzFoLife

We made the playoffs twice in 4 years, thats not too bad in my book.

We've been laughed at for years now. Winning a WC game when your offense produces less than 100 yards is nothing to be proud of. And we've been bounced out 2 times in a row by a very mediocre Seattle team.

Would you rather have NOT made an appearance at all in 4 years? Sure, we didn't win the big one, but you don't even get that chance if you don't make the postseason.

Actually yeah. At least we'd know the direction of the team and not a rollercoaster of a ride. I can remember a time when just getting to the playoffs was not good enough for the Washington Redskins and their fans. Man, the low expectations on here make me want to stick a pencil in my eye. It's all about Lombardi's and the 3 we have are starting to lose their luster.

Sucks in mine.

Ditto. :cheers:

One and done is only good when you are a young, growing team. As evidenced by the Redskins salaries and age, they are not young and growing. We should all have higher standards instead of sitting around high-fiving each other because the team barely squeaks into the playoffs.

You and I are the only 2 fans in here that are actually living in reality. :applause:

:doh: Sorry to bust on you too, but i bet you were laughing your ass off at Eli's performances the last 3 playoffs years, calling him a choker like his big brother Peyton. I know i was. But you know what, that team had to ENDURE 3 yrs. of misery before climbing the mountain.

You might have a point if say, the Skins made the playoffs, missed 4 yrs,. and then made it again, BUT, they did it 2 out of 3 years. When was the last time they did that? Do you remember? You will have to go back to the 80's my friend.

I believe the 2005 season gave this team the experience they needed to pull out another playoff season under harsh circumstances. The lessons learned this year may yet prove again to be invaluable to yet another playoff push, where we ALL should know that once you make the playoffs anything can happen.:cheers:

I laugh anytime another NFC East team loses. But I could care less about the Giants and Eli. My only concern is this team. I had some stats in my sig a while ago and since the 1999 season, the Eagles have won 13 playoff games and been to 1 SB. The Giants have wond 8 playoff games and been to 2 SB's. The Cowboys have won 0 playoff games and 0 SB's. The Redskins have won 1 playoff game and 0 SB's. The Redskins are the only team in the NFC East during that time to not win a division title. 2 playoffs with 1 win doesn't cut it.

I do remember the 80's and lived them. I can remember a time when Skins fans would shrug their shoulders at 2 playoff appearances in 3 years. We'd pretty much frown upon that. Because it was garbage. It was unacceptable. Now, everyone dances around the maypole everytime we back our asses into the playoffs. The late Dale Earnhardt once was asked what 2nd place meant to him. He said that he was just the first loser. That means that the other 31 teams or just losers to whoever wins the SB.

All the pieces? Let´s have a look.

A young QB with potential but still to early to call.

An aging OLine but still above average. Let´s call them solid.

A good running combo but nothing that will struck fear in your opponent.

Wide Receivers. Moss had one career year up to now, ARE is best suited as 3rd. Please name the new numero uno big physical Rec, we need.

TE - a real strength

DLine - Pass rush? :D

Linebackers - solid but gettin old and nobody knows about Rocky gettin completly healthy in time

DBs - Solid to good with Landry emerging as a star and hopefully Rogers coming back.

SWEET breakdown!!!

If everything falls into the normal pattern.....

Saunder's offense will be great in St. Louis.

Williams defense will finish top 10 in Jacksonville.

Snyder's Skins will finish........(insert expected Lenny P cotastrophic record here)

Gibbs is gone no reason for optimism until I see it..:(

Doesn't mean I won't keep hoping though..and I like what the Skins have done so far as far as coaching goes. I also like what Vinnie had to say on the state of the team.

I really think our team will be great next year. We have all the pieces in place and regardless of who becomes the head coach, the team will have success.

I can't wait to rub it in everybodys ****ing face next year. The media can go to hell. Hail, I'm a homer!

I'm with ya dude, I think I have seen enough talent from this group of players to say we are going somewhere!

It's a given the haters are gonna hate! Everybody who recognizes the situation that we are in will come to understand this. Let's not fret... :cheers:

Danny and Vinny might catch a few snickers at the Owners meetings. But I can think of 20 teams that were sitting in there living rooms during the past 3 years while we moved on. So the laughing thing I think as far as towards our team is not probaly shared with other teams as much as in the over weight , over ego, over saturated sports media.

He who laughs last...usually didin't get the joke.

The joke is building a team like a fantasy football team: all the skill players and no linemen.

Color me a homer, too. I'll always be a Redskin fan. I hope we can win without an O-Line.

-How come after 1 bad season our O-line is all of a sudden considered inexistent to our fans. We had two pro-bowlers out on the same side of the line last year, you cant expect to have your O-line perform well under those circumstances. However we had Heyer prove he is more that he will be capable at starting in the NFL soon enough, and we traded for Kendall. Our O-line will be fine, all we need to do add is some descent depth but our starters are good to go, when healthy.

-How come after 1 bad season our O-line is all of a sudden considered inexistent to our fans. We had two pro-bowlers out on the same side of the line last year, you cant expect to have your O-line perform well under those circumstances. However we had Heyer prove he is more that he will be capable at starting in the NFL soon enough, and we traded for Kendall. Our O-line will be fine, all we need to do add is some descent depth but our starters are good to go, when healthy.

When a group of players all over the age of 30 start getting consistently injured it can be construed as a sign of age, not simply bad luck. For this reason, this team should be a bit nervous about the OL. They are all officially a year older, and thus even more likely to get injured.

When a group of players all over the age of 30 start getting consistently injured it can be construed as a sign of age, not simply bad luck. For this reason, this team should be a bit nervous about the OL. They are all officially a year older, and thus even more likely to get injured.

-Why is it that a group of of O-Line men over 30 so horrible?

The respective age of the Patriots all Pro O-line is; Mankins 26, Light 30, Kaczur 29, Neal 32, Koppen 29. So they are what a year or two ahead of us on some position not much more other than Mankins, but we also have Heyer who is a young guy proven to have the capability to start in the NFL. The colts O-line is also quite aged especially when you include the 34 year old Jeff Saturday.

-our O-line was incredible two years ago, many of you refused to give Betts any credit because you felt the line did such a good job. Then we lose one guy to FA, and two to injury last season, how much did we really expect from our "replacement" O-Line. Now we got all our guys back other than Dockery, so lets see what they can do, before we declare them as no O-line at all, much like Wild Bill did.

-Im not saying we don't need younger depth, and I never did, all I am saying is our starters are fine when healthy and based on the previous time they played together healthy, this would be an accurate assumption in my opinion.

-Why is it that a group of of O-Line men over 30 so horrible?

The respective age of the Patriots all Pro O-line is; Mankins 26, Light 30, Kaczur 29, Neal 32, Koppen 29. So they are what a year or two ahead of us on some position not much more other than Mankins, but we also have Heyer who is a young guy proven to have the capability to start in the NFL.

Judging by the manhandling that the Giants gave to the Pats o-line in the Super Bowl, perhaps they need to improve their situation as well. However, they were 18-1 last year. In what way can we compare the Skins to them?

-Im not saying we don't need younger depth, and I never did, all I am saying is our starters are fine when healthy and based on the previous time they played together healthy, this would be an accurate assumption in my opinion.

Sure, if they are healthy they are fine. That is a huge 'if' though. They haven't been healthy as a group in several years. And that becomes less and less likely as they get older and more injury prone. This team needs an overhaul on the line very soon. Until they do, this team could continue to stuggle.

If everything falls into the normal pattern.....

Saunder's offense will be great in St. Louis.

Williams defense will finish top 10 in Jacksonville.

Snyder's Skins will finish........(insert expected Lenny P cotastrophic record here)

Gibbs is gone no reason for optimism until I see it..:(

Doesn't mean I won't keep hoping though..and I like what the Skins have done so far as far as coaching goes. I also like what Vinnie had to say on the state of the team.

This is the usual pattern?

What, because Norv Turner stepped into a 14-2 team, suddenly every bum who leaves turns into a superstar?

Let's see.

Marvin Lewis. How's he doing? What's that? the Bengals still suck and have a locker room that rivals the Raiders in terms of dysfunction? In-fighting and one of the worst defenses in the league?

Kurt Schottenheimer is lighting it up?

How's Mike Nolan doing? The 49ers look like a powerhouse lately?

What about Steve Spurrier's prospects for ever being an NFL coach again? Look pretty good to you?

Marty did what marty has done everywhere his entire career. Win in the regular season and lose when it counts.

Granted, all of this still doesn't paint a rosy picture for us, but to think that the "usual pattern" is that they leave and succeed is patently false.

Man, the blind pessimism around here is hard to deal with.

By the way, the Jags defense was 12th last yeare, so it's not like it's a real big stretch to think they could move into the top ten. And the Rams were expected to make the playoffs, but had even more injuries than we did.

so if these guys do succeed, it's got nothing to do with us.

~Bang

Judging by the manhandling that the Giants gave to the Pats o-line in the Super Bowl, perhaps they need to improve their situation as well. However, they were 18-1 last year. In what way can we compare the Skins to them?

-Wasn't trying to compare them to the skins, only disproving the logic that having a line 30+ is a bad thing. Considering the Patriots had probably the best O-Line in football I went ahead and took them as an example, for what an O-Line should be. What I found is they are a year or two younger than the skins.

Sure, if they are healthy they are fine. That is a huge 'if' though. They haven't been healthy as a group in several years. And that becomes less and less likely as they get older and more injury prone. This team needs an overhaul on the line very soon. Until they do, this team could continue to stuggle.

-Are we talking about the same O-Line here? Really isn't that huge of an 'if' they are heathy, they have all had proper rehabilitation and will be ready come season time. Since when is 06 season several years ago, (that taking into consideration this is the 07 not 08 season). Im fairly certain we had samuels, dockery, jansen, thomas and rabach along side one another and it really wasn't "several years ago"

-Are we talking about the same O-Line here? Really isn't that huge of an 'if' they are heathy, they have all had proper rehabilitation and will be ready come season time. Since when is 06 season several years ago, (that taking into consideration this is the 07 not 08 season). Im fairly certain we had samuels, dockery, jansen, thomas and rabach along side one another and it really wasn't "several years ago"

Not sure what line you are talking about...but in '06 the team was 5-11 - hardly the sign of a dominant line. In '05 Thomas went down in week 14 or so. The likelyhood of injuries is only greater now. Jansen's foot was facing the wrong direction a few months ago. Thomas came back and barely played a half before re-injuring himself. Kendall has bad knees.

This line is a bunch of injuries just waiting to happen. 2 of the 5 starters have had multiple season ending injuries in the last 4 years. And now they are older. If you think the line is in good shape overall, we couldn't disagree more.

Not sure what line you are talking about...but in '06 the team was 5-11 - hardly the sign of a dominant line. In '05 Thomas went down in week 14 or so. The likelyhood of injuries is only greater now. Jansen's foot was facing the wrong direction a few months ago. Thomas came back and barely played a half before re-injuring himself. Kendall has bad knees.

This line is a bunch of injuries just waiting to happen. 2 of the 5 starters have had multiple season ending injuries in the last 4 years. And now they are older. If you think the line is in good shape overall, we couldn't disagree more.

-First you say they haven't been healthy together, you then change that to they weren't a dominant line. Fact of the matter was even on a 5-11 they were a dominant O-line, maybe your forgot for 9 of those games our qb couldn't throw the ball past the line of scrimmage, and the other half of the season was the first time JC had ever seen the NFL playing field.

-I believe our starters when healthy are a good O-line, and I stand by what I said. I think we need to work on younger depth and we are currently doing so, we already found Heyer.

Archived