Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: "SPAGS USING 'SKINS FOR LEVERAGE?"

FrFan

from espns boxscore of the 2001 WSH vs NYG game

"What happened to the Giants' defense today?

The Giants are in a funk. New York appears to be still feeling the effects of the Eagles' game from Monday night; the Giants apparently haven't recovered yet from that tough loss. The Redskins caught them at the perfect time. Washington always plays the Giants tough.

The Giants could not stop the run or the pass. The special teams didn't play well, either. The Redskins got up by two touchdowns early, so the Giants were taken out of their running game. This was a poor performance by New York.

The Giants have lost three in a row and are in a downward spiral."

- Vinny Cerrato

honestly, this is the guy in charge of our player personel. the guy didnt put together one decent sentence, or a single substantive comment, yet snyder wants this dude here. sad sad sad.

Well, you got your wish. Gibbs is gone. Now he can stop holding this great franchise back from their true destiny. Thank God!

Why would you think I'm happy the Gibbs is gone? Because I'm not blind in my hatred of Snyder? I love Gibbs but he made a ton of mistakes the second term and you can't blame all that on Dan with ZERO evidence. Has Gibbs ever said anything that would make you believe Dan ever interfered? If so, I'd love to read about it.

So let me get this straight, he's only had 1 full season as an NFL Defensive Coordinator and now they want to throw truck loads of cash to become a first time head coach? In Philly, Jim Jones was the Defensive Coordinator all the years he was there, so what makes Spags qualified for the job? 1 good year??? Thats a scary thought.

from espns box score of the 2001 WSH vs SEA game

"Can the Redskins get back in the playoff hunt in the weak NFC East?

To do so, Washington must win within the division. The Redskins have won on the road the past three weeks, but now they'll go on the road for two weeks (after their bye next week). If they can win games on the road and in the division, they've got an opportunity to get back into the NFC East race.

But these upcoming road games are tough: Denver (Nov. 18) and Philadelphia (Nov. 25). So we'll discover whether Washington is for real as November progresses"

im gonna stop reading/posting these now or ill just get more upset at how dumb this man is, and why we are employing him.

So let me get this straight, he's only had 1 full season as an NFL Defensive Coordinator and now they want to throw truck loads of cash to become a first time head coach? In Philly, Jim Jones was the Defensive Coordinator all the years he was there, so what makes Spags qualified for the job? 1 good year??? Thats a scary thought.

hes worked in the NFC for a long time, and he knows the eagles and the giants. he had tremendous success in his first year with some relatively unknown players for the giants. hes young and this could be his chance.

gibbs was only the o coordinator for SD/TAM for 2-3 years and he was given a shot, and look how that worked out. this guy has been coaching defense for almost 10 years.

You don't seem to be aware of how important position coaches are to a team. Sure, Gregg Williams was a good defensive coordinator here, but he had a bad linebackers coach in Dale Lindsay, and issues between Steven Jackson and Jerry Gray. Out the door Lindsay went and we got better on defense. They thought enough of Spagnuolo to let him coach both the Secondary and Linebackers at the same time when he was there. The coordinator gets the credit, but position coaches play as much of a role in the success of those coordinators.

Why would you think I'm happy the Gibbs is gone? Because I'm not blind in my hatred of Snyder? I love Gibbs but he made a ton of mistakes the second term and you can't blame all that on Dan with ZERO evidence. Has Gibbs ever said anything that would make you believe Dan ever interfered? If so, I'd love to read about it.

When has Gibbs ever said anything bad about any single person in his entire lifetime, even if it was completely deserved?

This is one of the 2 or 3 most dysfunctional franchises in the league, and all this has come about since Dan took over. Gibbs was unable to completely right the ship. If the structure stays the same, I doubt anyone else can either.

When has Gibbs ever said anything bad about any single person in his entire lifetime, even if it was completely deserved?

This is one of the 2 or 3 most dysfunctional franchises in the league, and all this has come about since Dan took over. Gibbs was unable to completely right the ship. If the structure stays the same, I doubt anyone else can either.

So you've got nothing? That's what I thought. Also, this franchise has been a train wreck since Gibbs retired the first time, not when Danny took over. BTW, does Snyder get any credit for actually hiring Gibbs or was that just luck?

Umm, The Head coach The Ravens Just hired 2 weeks ago, was the secondary coach for the Eagles. He was'nt even a D cord and got a head coaching Job.

So just because SPAGS WAS D cord for only 1 year does not mean he cant do the Job.

So you've got nothing? That's what I thought. Also, this franchise has been a train wreck since Gibbs retired the first time, not when Danny took over. BTW, does Snyder get any credit for actually hiring Gibbs or was that just luck?

Nice argument. Tell me to find an incriminating statement uttered by a man who never uttered a bad word about anyone else in his lifetime. When it is impossible, claim victory. You got me there!

Dan has had 8 years to fix this 'trainwreck'. Is that not enough time? How long should he get? Hiring a HOF coach is not exactly going out on a limb. Finding the next one is the hard part. We'll soon find out if he's up to the task.

Nice argument. Tell me to find an incriminating statement uttered by a man who never uttered a bad word about anyone else in his lifetime. When it is impossible, claim victory. You got me there!

task.

Exactly, but that obviously didn't stop you from assuming things without an ounce of proof. You see how that works?

Dan isn't spinning anything right now. If anything, all the spin is being done by the media, who don't know what to make of all of the lack of information, so they speculate.

Jason

Well, you would know spin.

I kid, I kid.

Man, I can't wait for this coaching search to be over. Just hire them all Danny. Spags as HC, Meeks as Assistant HC, and Fassel -- who has no leverage because apparently no other team wants anything to do with him -- as assistant to the assistant HC.

But pass on Mooch. That guy is a fraud.

Umm, The Head coach The Ravens Just hired 2 weeks ago, was the secondary coach for the Eagles. He was'nt even a D cord and got a head coaching Job.

So just because SPAGS WAS D cord for only 1 year does not mean he cant do the Job.

I agree and the coaching pool is getting smaller and smaller since there's been so much HC turnover. A lot of what you have to look at now is coordinators who have minimal tenure in their respective positions.

:2cents:

"In our view, the entire exercise of interviewing other candidates is aimed at allowing Snyder and Cerrato to claim that the organization performed its due diligence before deciding that the otherwise disregarded Fassel is the right man for the job."

Many of us have thought this all along. Hope we're wrong. If Fassel is named HC I think I will pull a Gus Frerotte minus the padding on the wall.

It's a dumb notion, King. If he was gonna hire Fassel he'd have done it, gotten the outrage over with, and moved on to draft prep with the new coach. Fassel is the least risky choice of the group. I'd like a young guy to come in a build a team. But, I won't be upset if Fassel gets the gig. He's has a proven track record of division wins and a SuperBowl appearance. That far outweighs the couple of bad years.

It's a HUGE risk to wait until next year for Spags. If he decides to stay with NY, the team could easily tank next season and he would NOT look good. You need to strike while the iron is hot, and it will never get any hotter then it is now for him.

It's a dumb notion, King. If he was gonna hire Fassel he'd have done it, gotten the outrage over with, and moved on to draft prep with the new coach. Fassel is the least risky choice of the group. I'd like a young guy to come in a build a team. But, I won't be upset if Fassel gets the gig. He's has a proven track record of division wins and a SuperBowl appearance. That far outweighs the couple of bad years.

did he not coach in the NFC least? The terrible was god aweful when he coached. He never had a consistent team as they rotate .500 and sub .500 records

Wait, now you have some proof that Snyder interfered with Gibbs? I look forward to your LINK to this proof. I can't wait.

Do I need to provide a link to prove that Snyder is involved in personnel decisions? I thought this was pretty much common knowledge. If not, try www.google.com

And when a man with no qualifications is involved in something with people that ARE qualified, he is 'interfering'.

in·ter·fere Pronunciation[in-ter-feer]

–verb (used without object), -fered, -fer·ing.

1. to take part in the affairs of others; meddle

Archived