Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2008 Hall of Fame Press Conference Pics

themurf

Very cool. Does Moes own a Five Guys franchise or something? Or does the Dan need to get him a gift certificate to the Redskins store for gear?

i didn't ask moseley about the five guys shirt, but i overheard him chatting with someone else and believe he said he owns several five guys restaurants.

as for everyone else, thank you for the kind words. this will rank as one of the top two or three moments i've experienced while doing this over the last three years. art monk is my favorite athlete (regardless of sport) of all time. the chance to be in the same room with him was too much to pass on. it's was touching to see his eyes well up a few times as he spoke for 10 minutes - easily the longest amount of time any of the beat reporters had ever heard him go for.

i was also glad gary clark was king enough to chat with me after the ceremony. i had hoped to ask him two quick questions and let him go to the reception downstairs, but we ended up chatting for nearly eight minutes. it was a genuine moment when clark went up to the podium to congratulate monk and green, and i wanted to ask him about it. you should check out the audio of the entire interview if you can over in the full coverage.

again, thanks to everyone for the kind words. this and the sean taylor memorial coverage will both have a very special place in my heart. hail.

Very cool. Does Moes own a Five Guys franchise or something? Or does the Dan need to get him a gift certificate to the Redskins store for gear?
I believe he owns the Five Guys in Winchester, VA (Shenandoah Valley). My parents live out there and saw him at the grand opening.

Thanks for the follow up Murf and WW. My wife and I love the 5-Guys down here and I know they are big in the DC area so glad to see Mose using his $ wisely.

Murf glad you got to see this moment in person. I am hoping to be part of the trip to Canton but if I can't make it, I hope and I am pretty sure you will be there to cover.

Murf glad you got to see this moment in person. I am hoping to be part of the trip to Canton but if I can't make it, I hope and I am pretty sure you will be there to cover.

i'll be honest, i'm going to be in canton in august no matter what. i'll gladly pay for me to get there and for my own hotel room to see monk finally get his day. if the team wants to send me out to cover it, that's a bonus.

Man. A lot of those guys look like they could still play, not just Art and Darrell, but Ken Harvey, Big Dex lookin good, Raleigh McKenzie (love that guy).

Couple questions...

Who's the older gentleman in the white turtleneck and glasses to Dexter's left? And who's the gentleman between Charley Taylor and Ken Harvey?

yeah ken harveys older son is in my grade at school i go to langley.....but a few months back ken came into the weightroom and benched like 315 with no warm up just to show the kids what hard work can get you...hes a nice guy for the 2 times ive seen him

Awesome, thank you for posting those! :cheers:

The TV coverage didn't show the audience at all ... it was great to get that vantage point and see all those former Redskins laughing.

And is it just me, or does Sam Huff look a little like Jerrah in a couple of those shots? :yikes:

Archived