Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chad Johnson on Rome

Fan4life

Id rather have Roy Williams,especially after hearing this and imagine him coming here and doing it.

I remember Palmer even jawing at him alot last year,makes you wonder about his "character" and locker room presence?

There is some article in the Cinnci Enquirer (or something) about how 1/2 of Palmer's incomplete passes last year were due to WRs running wrong routes. I don't know if Ocho Cinco is the main culprit, but that's not something you want to hear.

Too old and too expensive. By the time the rest of the team is ready, he'll be hitting a quick and hard decline... like Marvin Harrison.

Kelly Johnson did a interview with him on comcast at the madden bowl and he played with the redskins and she asked him if he wanted to come to washington and his response was dan call me but he has also come out and pleaded with several other teams to he would be a great pick up

The people on this board are absolutely ridiculous at times. I don't post much, but the number of people who would pass on Chad is astounding.

Our team went HOW long this season without catching a TD pass?

I even saw one post that said we need to get our WR threat from this draft. Ha who in college is a bigtime player even close to what Chad is RIGHT NOW. Not one. Mainly because they haven't played a snap in the NFL. Maybe they're good players in the draft, maybe not. But the Pats wouldn't have went 18-0 so far if they didn't move for FA. The redskins make a lot of questionable moves but not attempting to get Chad, would be a big mistake.

I forgot what show on espn produced this quote but it was referring to the Anthony Smith. It went something like "The difference between Anthony Smith and someone like Chad Johnson is that Chad makes checks that he can cash himself, and he usually goes out and performs. What Anthony Smith did is make a check he can't cash himself." Point is not all talking is bad talking. There are greats from all sports that have mouths. LT1, Shannon Sharpe, Joe Namath, and even Rodney Harrison on the Pats. Chad would not be a problem, and even if he would be, that's a good problem to have.

Yall chad johnson haters are f***in retarded.. Yall cry and cry for a receiver and then when arguably the best one is availible yall say no?? ohh lets stick to the draft so we can get another mediocre reciever to join all of our other ones. There will not be a better compliment to jason and portis than chad johnson. and personally i like his show boatin we need someone whos goin to hype the team up. Yall dont like his endzone dances but yall like clinton portis's costumes? Yall people are a joke get CJ!!!

My "against the grain OP"....

1. Jim Rome is a moron, his radio show is the biggest piece of crap I've ever heard. I've tried listening a few times, just to the give the guy a fair shot (106.7 is king in DC) but I can't listen for an extended period of time. This guy just spits common drivel.

Here's what all of his fan mail sounds like:

"Rome... (long pause) Did you see how my Cowboys choked in the playoffs... (long pause) There is no way it is all my fault... (long pause) SIGNED: Jessica Simpson in the jungle"

Just rediculous.

2. Chad Johnson. I'd love to have him on our team, and I think all of the naysayers would get over it as soon as he started producing. Typically at the WR position, it takes an average of 3 years for a WR to mature and grow into what we would call "NFL caliber". That said, if we were to draft a WR he would not really be a huge contributor for another 2 years minimum. Furthermore, we would not draft a WR untill at least round 3 or 4 (we have more pressing needs you know). Making a move for Ocho Cinco would be a great deciscion.

All that said, I would only offer Chad a 1 year gig to start. If he doesn't work out, let him go. I would only offer Cincy and 4th rounder (or lower) and B. Lloyd as a trade for Chad. Don't get stupid Snyder.

Yall chad johnson haters are f***in retarded...Yall people are a joke get CJ!!!
Ok kid. You are correct in the fact CJ would be an upgrade. Now tell us how much he costs. "f***in retarded" children don't seem to understand he is not a FA. He is under contract till 2011. How many draft picks do we give for him and what rounds and how many years? Then, which players do we cut to get under the cap to accommodate his salary? How much is that salary going to be anyway? He wants more than the $25 Mil he's getting now. You can't cut just anybody, we are so tight to the cap ($20m over actually) we can only cut players who's contract hits won't push us even further over the cap. So we lose a number of starters, but we can't pick who they are. And we lose the future of the team, because we will still have no youth.

With Chad Johnson it is obvious that the Redskins Character that we (used to?) look for is not present. However, the guy def. has skill. So its a real toss up, I think having him could be good but it all depends on coaching staff. Do we have a guy that can take someone that isn't so disciplined and put him in his place?

Your telling the Pats only gave up a 4th rounder to get Randy Moss :wtf:

This is true. But it was an entirely different situation. The Raiders had to get rid of Moss. It had to be someone Moss would go to. The Bengals can get alot more for Johnson because they can just make him stay...they could use him. Moss had quit on the Raiders so had to just get what they could for him...plus his production had slipped in the last couple of years. People had said hed lost his mojo. Not the case with Johnson.

I know that with our cap situation it is going to be really hard to get him but I kinda look at it like with what happened with Randy Moss and the Patriots. You had what we thought was a aged receiver who didn't have it anymore, playing out his days in Oakland and then gets traded to New England for nothing I might add and goes on to catch more TD's than anyone in history and it looks like the same ol' Randy Moss from back in his Minnesota days. This situation could be the same, Chad Johnson is upset in Cincy and maybe feels outcast so a trade would do him good. Just a thought.

No one doubts his ability, just the price we'd have to pay to get him and how this franchise refuses to build through the draft like some elite teams have; obviously the Pats but also the Packers and Giants. Its about building for the longterm and addressing multiple needs like both sides of the line along with WR and safety.

Archived