Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Gregg And Al (Reunited in St. Louis, And It Feels So Good?)

Rams will send Dan a Christmas Card next year. :doh:

Hilarious. With their Oline and defense...Williams and Saunders are gonna have alot of work ahead of them. If the Rams make the Super Bowl next year, Williams and Saunders should be name greatest coordinators of all time. Of course alot of people on here somehow they think they already are.

Whoops....quoted wrong guy. I meant to quote the Rams are SuperBowl favorite next year post.

rams automatically become SB favorites

Not SB favorites, but defintely playoff contenders in the weak NFC. That will be a scary offense with a veteran QB in Bulger running it, along with his weapons in Holt, Bruce, Bennet, McMichael, and Jackson. And if Gregg becomes the defensive coordinator there, that team's defensive unit will improve.

And we get to play them next year. How thrilling ... :doh:

Wouldn't it be symbolic if they both ended up in St. Louis, came back to Washington in the fall and the Rams kicked our collective you-know-whats?

Coaches and players Danny has scorned always seem to get their revenge against us in some way. Norv and Marty in 2005 did it. Brad Johnson has done it multiple times. Don't be surprised if this is the case with Williams and Saunders ...

rams automatically become SB favorites

They were HERE together.

Why in the heck weren't WE Super Bowl favorites.

:whoknows:

This is like posters saying whoever we cut will go to another team and become pro bowl material.

Can anyone say Sultan McCullough?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

They were HERE together.

This is like posters saying whoever we cut will go to another team and become pro bowl material.

Im pretty sure most here after 05 thought we were superbowl favorites and lots in the national media also thought the same.

Too bad 06 didnt work out as planned.

Not SB favorites, but defintely playoff contenders in the weak NFC. That will be a scary offense with a veteran QB in Bulger running it, along with his weapons in Holt, Bruce, Bennet, McMichael, and Jackson. And if Gregg becomes the defensive coordinator there, that team's defensive unit will improve.

Exactly...

If Al and Gregg end up in St Louis then that team instantly becomes much better and that offense could be special. They were missing Pace who may not be back and they need help on the offensive line but they have plenty of talent also for Al to work with.

Put it this way. I think the Rams will be in infiintely better shape than the Redskins next season if Al and Gregg take the jobs...

Both are highly in demand.

As opposed to the 2 guys we replaced them with were not in demand at all. We are the only teams in the league who were interested in either Blache or Zorn for coordinator positions. But we take them and release two guys that other teams drool for.

So what is more likely:

1. our front office is making rational and informed decisions by taking 2 guys no one else has an interest in and is somehow smarter than the other 31 teams; or

2. the other teams are smarter than we are and the interest in Saunders and Williams is an indication they are superior coaches.

They were HERE together.

One thing to consider strongly is that Al will now have one of the best QB's in the game running his offense. A very good veteran QB with equally good veteran WR's and a power running back in Jackson. All of this at his disposal without Joe Gibbs interfering. Yeah I think you can make a strong argument for the Rams making huge strides next season.

Saunder's rep will be fine when he goes to the Rams - with that QB, those WR's and Jackson - Al should have that offense humming...

Agreed. Even before St. Louis appeared to be the destination, I remarked that I expect Al Saunders to be posting Top 5 Offenses again long before the Redskins crack a Top 20 offense. Al was always being sabotaged indirectly by Gibbs, as much as I love Coach Joe. I can't enumerate how many times Al called a great 1st half, only to have Joe obviously take the reigns and stall it out in the second half.

I was so excited to see year 3 of this offense with Saunders 100% in control. It's too bad, as I completely expect major sputtering during the inception year(s) of the Zorn era.

As opposed to the 2 guys we replaced them with were not in demand at all. We are the only teams in the league who were interested in either Blache or Zorn for coordinator positions. But we take them and release two guys that other teams drool for.

So what is more likely:

1. our front office is making rational and informed decisions by taking 2 guys no one else has an interest in and is somehow smarter than the other 31 teams; or

2. the other teams are smarter than we are and the interest in Saunders and Williams is an indication they are superior coaches.

Right on, bro. :applause: Snyder and Vinny have evaluation skills that elude the rest of the NFL.

I have much respect and admiration for Joe Gibbs......however......this is NOT behavior that is condusive to the "continuity" and "chemistry" this team talked about so much.

Players HAD to see the two factions.

I hope everyone on the coaching staff this year can play nice.

Playing "nice" is fine. Playing to win is even better.

Agreed. Even before St. Louis appeared to be the destination, I remarked that I expect Al Saunders to be posting Top 5 Offenses again long before the Redskins crack a Top 20 offense. Al was always being sabotaged indirectly by Gibbs, as much as I love Coach Joe. I can't enumerate how many times Al called a great 1st half, only to have Joe obviously take the reigns and stall it out in the second half.

I was so excited to see year 3 of this offense with Saunders 100% in control. It's too bad, as I completely expect major sputtering during the inception year(s) of the Zorn era.

Agree in kind Stormy...

Al was the only coach I really wanted Dan to keep for the reasons you alluded to...

I'm not saying Zorn is garbage, and I do actually think the guy will be okay, but Al should have been retained for obvious reasons.

Exactly...

If Al and Gregg end up in St Louis then that team instantly becomes much better and that offense could be special. They were missing Pace who may not be back and they need help on the offensive line but they have plenty of talent also for Al to work with.

Put it this way. I think the Rams will be in infiintely better shape than the Redskins next season if Al and Gregg take the jobs...

The Rams are pretty good. This year they were beat by the injury bug with S. Jackson missing most the season and Bulger getting banged up early. Regardless of who their coordinators were they were going to do better this upcoming season. I don't think the addition of Al and/or Gregg will make them instant contenders. They still don't have the players on the defensive side of the ball and they also need to address their O-line.

One thing to consider strongly is that Al will now have one of the best QB's in the game running his offense. A very good veteran QB with equally good veteran WR's and a power running back in Jackson. All of this at his disposal without Joe Gibbs interfering. Yeah I think you can make a strong argument for the Rams making huge strides next season.

To automatically put them in the Super Bowl is silly.

You and I both know this.

And you know what.......who is to say the coach for the RAMS won't have issues also.

Archived