Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prepare ye for mediocrity

hokie4redskins

I have a really bad feeling regarding the state of our beloved Redskins.

1) My favorite player of all time was tragically killed.

2) My favorite coach who made me feel like a kid again and the best thing to ever happen to the DC metropolitan area has rode off into the sunset. Two playoff appearances in 4 years? When was the last time the Redskins did that? I can't believe people actually wanted Gibbs to leave. Well, you got what you wished for you idiots, but you'll curse the day you called for Gibbs' departure. Mark my words.

3) Vinny Cerrato, probably the biggest cancer EVER to this once proud organization, has just been promoted. PROMOTED!! Unfrigginbelievable.

4) A front office which has clearly proved its incompetence time and time again over the last nine years.

5) The coach the players are touting to become the HC seems to be a long shot.

The potential hiring of Jim Fassel may very well put me over the edge. We fans need to demand competence and accountability, because frankly, we're not getting it. The only person to bring that to this organization since 1993 has just moved back to North Carolina.

I'm at a loss here. What's it take?

:rant:

I dunno, I think Vinny gets a terrible beating from people for being Snyder's yes man.

But he was a big part of the 49ners front office in San Fran from 90-99 and then he has apparently been overruled by Snyder on multiple occasions when it comes to drafting players. I think he has played some role in the pickups of Alexander, Doughty, Blades, Wilson, Heyer, etc.

we don't know for sure. Billichick hiring by NE looked bad 7-8 years ago. Outside of the last season where the Giants were murdered by injuries and the team admitted to quitting on Fassel he has a decent track record. The only thing we can do is give him a chance and see what happens. If Fassel is hired I will support him and the team.

Norv was mediocrity. A couple bad bounces aside, the Redskins played SOLID football during Gibbs' second tenure. This team was just preparing to make some serious strides but any notion of continuity seems to be a pipe dream at this point.

Perhaps "mediocrity" was the wrong word depending on your outlook, but this organization is heading downhill quickly.

Norv was mediocrity. A couple bad bounces aside, the Redskins played SOLID football during Gibbs' second tenure. This team was just preparing to make some serious strides but any notion of continuity seems to be a pipe dream at this point.

Perhaps "mediocrity" was the wrong word depending on your outlook, but this organization is heading downhill quickly.

2 winning streaks has prevented us from being a below average team

When the skins season goes to crap I always think about the steelers and how much time it took them to get the 5th superbowl and they are what a franchise should be. Blast the team when at the end of 2008 season but not now.

I dunno, I think Vinny gets a terrible beating from people for being Snyder's yes man.

But he was a big part of the 49ners front office in San Fran from 90-99 and then he has apparently been overruled by Snyder on multiple occasions when it comes to drafting players. I think he has played some role in the pickups of Alexander, Doughty, Blades, Wilson, Heyer, etc.

one has to ask...are those the caliber players championship teams turn on?

Everyone needs to relax; I have never season so many doom and gloom people in my life. There is not ONE person on this board who even knows what they are talking about when they say Jim Fassel is a mediocre coach or Vinny is a just a yes man, etc, etc. Unless you have worked for a NFL team as a general manager or sit in the Redskins board room when decisions are being made SHUT UP! Try having a positive attitude and lets take a wait and see approach to the future of the Redskins.

And you don't think the Skins have been mediocre all these years? You are in denial Hokie ...

Exactly. Nothing has change in my opinion. We've been mediocre since Snyder took over this team. Nothing more. I'd trade Jerry Jones for Dan Snyder any day to the week. Jones knows talent and he's willing to pay for it. Snyder just likes seeing his name and team in the papers signing high priced free agents that don't fit out system or that will gel with the current members. Not to mention, he likes handing out draft picks as if they were candy.

We should have hired Big Tuna to turn this franchise around. We need a front office guy that knows players and football.

What really irks me is that it took Snyder only 2 weeks to ruin whatever respect and goodwill it took Gibbs 4 years to build. Granted, the results on the field weren't what we were expecting, but the team showed class and earned the respect of the rest of the league.

Now? It appears that the team is quickly becoming a punchline again.

What really irks me is that it took Snyder only 2 weeks to ruin whatever respect and goodwill it took Gibbs 4 years to build. Granted, the results on the field weren't what we were expecting, but the team showed class and earned the respect of the rest of the league.

Now? It appears that the team is quickly becoming a punchline again.

NOTHING has been ruined yet! I don't understand the attitude of most fans at this point who think all is lost.

They have not lost one game yet!

"Helloooooooo! You play to win the game!"

Archived