Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prepare ye for mediocrity

hokie4redskins

Norv was mediocrity. A couple bad bounces aside, the Redskins played SOLID football during Gibbs' second tenure. This team was just preparing to make some serious strides but any notion of continuity seems to be a pipe dream at this point.

Perhaps "mediocrity" was the wrong word depending on your outlook, but this organization is heading downhill quickly.

Sorry to break this to you but the skins have been mediocre for years.

When you say a few bounces go this way or that that is the definition. the good/great/elite teams dont need the bounces.

The giants are one such mediocre team with the bounces. i dont want to have to rely on a bounce to make the super bowl. i want a team that when we play people say that is a super bowl team and strikes fear in other teams. But until then this team is in mediocrity and will be for the forseeable future and i hope the bounces do go our way.:(

2 winning streaks has prevented us from being a below average team

I love these arguments. Like, "throw out that players best game and they are merely average."

Typically winning teams make the postseason. To be a winning team you have to win at least two consecutive games, which constitutes a streak.

Discounting a big play and trying to look at someone's game stats is bad, but throwing away NINE games in two seasons is a bit much. The team and coaches won those games. It matters not if they didn't come in the time or matter to which you would have liked.

One playoff appearance since Gibbs left the first time. Two in four years since he came back. He rebuilt this team after Spurrier left it in shambles. Playoffs in two out of three years makes you a contender.

The NFL is parity. The Patriots deal is such a rarity. Look at the Cowboys... some probably want that type of success. Guess what, they played in the same number of playoffs games we did. Unless everything falls into place (like drafting a hall of fame QB in the 6th round) you won't build a juggernaut. Instead you hope to have a system that is solid and good depth for injury replacements and FA replacements.

NOTHING has been ruined yet! I don't understand the attitude of most fans at this point who think all is lost.

They have not lost one game yet!

"Helloooooooo! You play to win the game!"

They have not lost a game. I didn't say they would in my post. But the league is watching this circus, and laughing. Much like they were 4 years ago.

They have not lost a game. I didn't say they would in my post. But the league is watching this circus, and laughing. Much like they were 4 years ago.

What Circus? We have no facts, only media and fan speculation. The real circus is on the message boards and in the media. That's on the hysterical fans, not the manganment who has done their best to keep this whole thing quiet.

What Circus? We have no facts, only media and fan speculation. The real circus is on the message boards and in the media. That's on the hysterical fans, not the manganment who has done their best to keep this whole thing quiet.

You don't think promoting Vinny is a strange move? You don't think interviewing potential assistant coaches before naming a head coach is odd? You don't think leaving all your current assistants hanging in the wind is bush-league? You don't find calling for 'continuity' and then making it look like you are ready to completely blow things up is strange?

I do. And most others do too.

Sure, if the team is successful most of this will be forgotten. But they ain't successful yet. And this feels an awful lot like 4 years ago did.

You don't think promoting Vinny is a strange move? You don't think interviewing potential assistant coaches before naming a head coach is odd? You don't think leaving all your current assistants hanging in the wind is bush-league? You don't find calling for 'continuity' and then making it look like you are ready to completely blow things up is strange?

Sure, if the team is successful most of this will be forgotten. But they ain't successful yet. And this feels an awful lot like 4 years ago did.

As Bram W said, all the Vinny move signifies, is that Joe Gibbs is no longer there. The rest of what you say is pure specualtion.

Snyder's "call" for continuity was a one line response to a question. he never said that was the most important factor, just that it was important.

As for following the crowd, isn't this the same crowd that has called for Joe to be fired several times over the last two seasons? I'll think for myself, thanks.

2 winning streaks has prevented us from being a below average team

And that right there should show you the potential this team has. Hire Fassel or anybody outside this team and all of that is gone. Hey, I'll take 9-7 over 8-8 or 7-9 any day. Another coach and we go into a rebuilding mode. That means you'll be seeing 8-8 or 7-9 or even worse than that for the next several years until Danny gets fed up again with this coach and hires another one, then we repeat the cycle all over again.

Outside of Steve Spurrier, Fassel as the Skins HC would the most bone headed move by a bone headed owner EVER!!!!!.I love the REDSKINS but Dan Snyder Makes me Sick.He may be great on the business end but he is pathetic as far as HC and Talent evaluation.If Snydes does not hire Greg williams as the HC the redskins will lose:

a) the players

B) The players respect

c) Mucho fan support

d) And most importantly "LOTS OF GAMES"

I am sad at the state of the Washington Redskins

As Bram W said, all the Vinny move signifies, is that Joe Gibbs is no longer there. The rest of what you say is pure specualtion.

Joe Gibbs is no longer there. That point is being driven into all of our heads with a sledgehamer. 'Nuf said.

As far as speculating?

Interviewing potential assistant coaches before naming a head coach? Leaving all your current assistants hanging in the wind?

I don't think these are speculation.

In 4 years Gibbs never uttered a bad word about anyone in the organization. In the 2 weeks since his departure we hear about Dan and Vinny are badmouthing Saunders. It doesn't appear that much learning was done. Dan has taken the training wheels off and is flying down the hill. Hopefully he has a soft landing in mind.

I think something is being majorly overlooked here...regardless of who gets the HC position what about the team? Are we going to have someone tear this team apart??? I mean we have guys on this team that want to be here...Rock for example is a FA and he is willing to take a pay cut to stay in Washington. Who ever takes over the reigns of this team cant break this team up...if they go trading players and bringing people in for what they think will be good for this organization its going to destroy it...Either way all we can do is see who gets the HC job and put em to the test...HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

I don't believe the if Greg Williams is named the HC he would be stupid enough to tear the team apart and start from scratch. He knows what he has defensively and I'm sure he has a pretty good idea what type of offensive players he has. continuity is the foundation of a great team PERIOD!!!!

Norv was mediocrity. A couple bad bounces aside, the Redskins played SOLID football during Gibbs' second tenure. This team was just preparing to make some serious strides but any notion of continuity seems to be a pipe dream at this point.

Perhaps "mediocrity" was the wrong word depending on your outlook, but this organization is heading downhill quickly.

:laugh:

Norv; 49 wins, 59 losses, one playoff win = Mediocrity.

Gibbs II; 30 wins, 34 loses, one playoff win = Solid football.

:laugh:

Oh, come on.

Doesn't promoting Vin sound predictable if you think about it? Doesn't this coaching search sound predictable?

Is anyone surprised by any of this, honestly?

SNAFU

:cheers:

Oh, come on.

Doesn't promoting Vin sound predictable if you think about it? Doesn't this coaching search sound predictable?

Is anyone surprised by any of this, honestly?

SNAFU

:cheers:

For some reason I believed Dan when he stated how much he learned under Gibbs. The fumes from Gibbs' limo had barely dissipated before he started to prove otherwise. Man, what a fool I am!

Archived