Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which Redskins Player(s) Would You Replace? (MET)

#1skinsfanever

I'd like to find Jon Jansen's replacement, or at least some competition/depth for him during camp. I'd also like the same for Randy Thomas, these guys are still good but we can't afford to be without depth on the OL again and we need to start planning for the future on those positions. I think a combination of FA (Max Starks) and the draft (a tackle) is the way to go with OL.

Also, Phillip Daniels I'd like to use the draft (1st rounder) to replace him. I'd take BPA at that position. I like Vernon Gholston but he prob won't be there at 21, so BPA for sure.

I'd also like to see us get a DT to replace Griff. Maybe Haynesworth if he's not franchise tagged?

The Oline needs to be addressed for the future, which would include Kendall, Thomas and Jansen. Out of those three I'd really hate to see Thomas go because he's still a beast. I'd understand if Griffin, Springs, and/or Daniels were let go.

I would like to replace Daniels with a younger more explosive end. Isn't Peppers available?

Umm no. Peppers had a horrible 2007 and he would want a HUGE payday.

I thought we've learned our lesson about big-name free-agency moves and the value of drafting your own players by now.

Come on already. Have the Redskins not learned there lesson yet by signing big-name, big-money FA's. We don't need Randy Moss and we shouldn't sign Peppers. We need an infusion of youth on this squad.

Mix may or may not be the answer to the "tall WR" problem we seem to have. But, more importantly we need to protect JC and we need to pressure the opposing QB without always having to send a full-house blitz.

Once we solve those 2 problems we will be able to run the ball like Joe Gibbs always wanted to and we will learn, ala the NY Giants, that you don't have to have the greatest secondary in the world to be good on defense.

Come on already. Have the Redskins not learned there lesson yet by signing big-name, big-money FA's. We don't need Randy Moss and we shouldn't sign Peppers. We need an infusion of youth on this squad.

Mix may or may not be the answer to the "tall WR" problem we seem to have. But, more importantly we need to protect JC and we need to pressure the opposing QB without always having to send a full-house blitz.

Once we solve those 2 problems we will be able to run the ball like Joe Gibbs always wanted to and we will learn, ala the NY Giants, that you don't have to have the greatest secondary in the world to be good on defense.

great post and true lets build through the and develope

Pick the wrong coach and it could be everyone that gets cut.

Anyway, swap Brunell for Bramlet like so many people wanted to back in August.

Because of the Salary Cap problem, it actually would cost the Skins more to cut alot of the big money players on the Team. Thats why I hope GW is hired because his good relationship with the players would probably help with restructruing contracts.

Did u just see the reply I just got from #99QBKILLER

yes. and I would say that I understand where he's coming from. But this is sort of a "fantasy thread", so I don't think that point makes much sense (in the context of this thread).

But specific to the Randy Moss situation - the lesson I have learned is that the Patriots are much better than us. At alot of things. One of which is picking the "right" free agents.

Phillip Daniels should not be the starter next year at LE. I don't think the guy to replace him in that role is on the roster at this time. We need a high motor, pass rushing, run stopping anchor in that spot. A double-team beater.

Cornelius Griffin will be challenged by Monty and Golston this summer, and if he is not the starter, he becomes over paid. I'd love to see him stay, but maybe for less $. He will make over 6 million this year, kinda high for a 2nd string DT if that is the case.

I see Jon Jansen's name thrown around, but I would rather keep him and let him and Heyer battle it out. I think Jansen brings more to the team and position at this point in his career. If Heyer does beat him this summer, he is still valuable to the team or at least tradable.

Shawn Springs is set to make about $7.5 M if we keep him, or we will pay him just under $5 M if we release or trade him. I say we keep him and try to extend his deal to get cap relief (although he probably wont).

Clinton Portis?? Yup, Clinton may have to go. Are Dan Snyder and Vinnie Cerrato noticing that you don't have to have a $9 Million Dollar RB on the team to have a great running game? I am. Year after year a no name running back gets behind a great offensive line and becomes a star. There are more guys like Ryan Grant and Earnest Graham out there to be found. Plus we have Ladell Betts locked up for a while. I would love CP to re-sign for less, but would he?

Brandon Lloyd goodbye.

Mark Brunell must re-sign for minimum salary or be released. He then would have to earn the roster spot this summer. I would think it is time to go with youth at the 3rd QB spot, so he would have to take the #2 spot to stay.

Archived