Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is Chris Hanburger NOT in the Hall of Fame?

michael_33

I have to agree with you, just because the guy didnt give you an interview in no way diminishes his playing ability. The more I hear about this flawed system the more I think of it as a publicity award and not an accomplishment award.

Dick Lebeau is also another guy that isn't in the hall for some reason. I never saw him play, but the guy hauled in 62 interceptions in 14 years which is pretty damn good.

To the above poster, the HoF isn't a joke, just the stupid system for gaining entry.

Link to the present members of the HOF by position. Can see who else in there for reference.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/positions.html

I looked at that earlier when the thread popped up. It's a top notch group.

Mike Singletary was always fun to watch. Looking at Singeltary's eyes, he looked like a crazed Rottweiler, waiting to tare the flesh from some unsuspecting cat walking through the yard.

Hanburger was as good as many of the guys in the group IMO, and maybe better then some of them.

When you get down to it the guy was extremely arrogant. He could care less if he is not in the HOF. CH was one of the very best Skins of all time. If he would have played for the silver and blue he'd be in the HOF.

I looked at that earlier when the thread popped up. It's a top notch group.

Mike Singletary was always fun to watch. Looking at Singeltary's eyes, he looked like a crazed Rottweiler, waiting to tare the flesh from some unsuspecting cat walking through the yard.

Hanburger was as good as many of the guys in the group IMO, and maybe better then some of them.

No disagreement from me on that one.

Because the system is broken. We have bunch of media idiots whose egos are too huge to measure who think they know more about football than anybody else, but the facts are that in most cases they don't know anymore than the average football fan. If I knew half as much about football as Dr. Z claims to know I wouldn't be working I would be in Las Vegas betting on it & making alot more money.

Link to the present members of the HOF by position. Can see who else in there for reference.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/positions.html

If you just look at the numbers, linebacker is one of the hardest positions to make it in.

There's only 1 QB on the field, but 23 QB's have been elected in the modern era. There are 2 running backs/fullbacks, and 25 have made it. There's 2 WR's, but only 18 have made it; 5 offensive linemen, and 32 elected; 4 defensive linemen, and 25 elected.

There are 3 linebackers on the field but only 16 have been elected in the modern era. (It's even worse for DB's with only 17 being elected).

Basically, the further you are from the ball, the harder it is to get into the Hall of Fame.

Archived