Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I expect the Redskins to make a wheel N Deal possibly before even draft day!

michael_33

I understand that this thought is all just speculation,but I think it's a very good possibilty...As many of you know they have shortened all the times for each team to pick during the draft.I believe the 1st round used to be 15 minutes for each team to pick,which has been shortened to 10 minutes now..It appears they have done this for every round to shorten the draft alltogether.

I think many of you know that certain teams have fallen victom to either losing their pick outright or slotted down because of the time expiration.I remember for sure when the Vikings just failed to pick at all a couple years ago and I believe there have been others as well.

So I think there is a good possibility that teams will not want to risk that,being that it may take time to make deals like this work.So I think there is a very good possibilty that teams will either have a deal already in place before the draft even starts,or at least the finalization set up...so that the information we'll be known before your specific teams pick!

That said...here are a few possibilities I think we can either expect or perhaps might happen days before the draft even begins... :2cents:

Dallas=I believe that Dallas is going to want to move up BIG TIME for Darren McFadden(spell?)I think after we all witnessed....That J.Jones time is probably close to being done there...However..Barber is a FA as wll,so maybe he doesn't get retained with his lack of speed...(dumb move)Either way...I think we can all agree that McFadden has both the speed and power that both Cowboy RB's Possess.They also have (2) 1st rounders to make that move to get him also...#22 and #29 !Obviously..It will cost them more than that,but they might just be a stud RB away from appeasing Jerry...I think it's fair to say,that Dallas is going to at least be good enough to battle for the playoffs consistently every year with the talent they already have.I look for McFadden to be picked anywhere from (#3 to #7)I could see the Raiders,Atlanta,Jets or Patriots trying to get him,so Dallas may have to trade up to #2 to do it! :2cents:

Washington=We Obviously have the 21st pick in the draft!I just have this sneakin' suspicion that we will try to trade down if the opportunity presents itself.I realize that we are only picking 21st which is not a costly pick,but I think we will try to accumilate more picks this season with all the possible CAP casualties as well as the new coaches preference...Of course for this to happen,there will need to be a player that drops (AKA Brady Quinn rule) for this to happen.Since we really don't have the Mel Kiper rundown on the top 25 players with more declaring for the draft,all I can do is speculate again..All the teams that pick behind us in the 1st round (#22 to #31) all have franchise QB's except possibly the Niners,who do have Alex Smith (but sucks).Packers have Rodgers even with a Brett retirement, so I doubt they make a move!However...It doesn't necessarily have to be a QB,that a team moves up to get...!There could also be a team move up from the 2nd round just like with the Browns and the Brady Quinn deal to snagg a QB last year.Miami,Atlanta,KC(Croyle) and the Ravens all could maybe try for guys like Brahm,Woodson or even Ryan if they were to fall that far.Anyways...I can us trading down (even if just a couple slots) to aquire a few more picks. :2cents:

Miami=I really think the Dolphins will trade down this draft!I know it's unlikely to happen because of the value there and would cost a bundle to get it,but Glenn Dorsey is the best DT I have ever seen since Reggie White.I have never seen a more dominate and automatic NFL stud,like I have seen in Dorsey.Of course the Dolphins could just grab him,which nobody could really argue with...But I could see a team willing to move up for this stud and making this move...The only teams with the firepower to make this move is the Patriots or Cowboys as they both have two 1st round picks.They obviously are pretty stacked at the D-line position,so I'm not sure they would do this.But a team not so far behind the Dolphins,could probably pull it off!The Saints pick #10 and would be a local boy for them,but would need alot of ammo to move up 9 spots...Is it Possible that the Browns and Dolphins arrange some sort of deal?Derek Anderson is a RFA and some believe the Browns would consider dealing him if the price was right...or maybe they dangle Brady Quinn while he still has some value before he is worthless?Miami obviously needs a franchise QB..I think that is fairly obvious!Could the Browns and Dolphins make a deal where Miami gets either Quinn or Anderson?But there is one problem....The Browns have NO 1st rounder,which is now the Cowboys pick.I don't think the Dolphins would trade for Quinn or Anderson without still having a 1st rounder somewhere...Unless if it was for future picks...So I guess you could see something like this?Dolphins trade their 1st round pick to Cleveland for Quinn or Anderson...then the Dolphins aquire the Browns 2nd rounder and the Browns 1st rounder in 09' along with a bunch more picks as well...Either way...I could see both teams winning on this one...The Browns could grab anyone with that #1(probably Dorsey)and the Dolphins would set themselves up with a load of draft picks for their future to build on and a franchise QB to start off with! :2cents:Plus they would have at least two 2nd rounders (if not more) to grab some sleepers!

Bengals=There have been rumors of Chad Johnson wanting out of Cinci...I can't imagine them dealing Chad for anything less than a 1st rounder with his big game and big name..They also have issues on what to do with Justin Smith who's a free agent!If the Bengals did deal Chad for a 1st they would have the #9 and whatever team's pick that decides to do it.I would imagine that if a team did go after Chad that it would be for lower 1st rounder...probably #21 to #31 for chad!I could see the Jaguars#28,Packers(?) or Niners(#30) trying to make this move...But the Bengals could address a couple of positions with two 1st rounder if that happened...Possibly a DE @#9 to replace Justin Smith!They still have who'syourdaddy at #2 who would become their #1,so they could get a good Wide reciever with the other #1 pick,or try for one in the later rounds..They do need to upgrade that defense so maye they focus on that this year..? :2cents:

I'm sure there are others that will think about trading up or down,but this is my guess of a few possibilities that could go down before draft day!Sorry for such a long post... :cheers:

I see no reason for Dallas to even draft a RB. Let Barber be the starter, and give Jones 5-10 carries a game(although he won't stick around long with that kind of role I'm sure). Barber has proven time and time again that he is the more productive back.

As for the skins, I'm not entirely sure how it will go in April. I don't know much about this draft class yet, but I would imagine if they trade down, it won't be past early in the 2nd round.

It used to be 15, then this past draft took 8 hours to do JUST the first round so the league shortened it to either 12 or 10 minutes, I'm not sure which...

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ordine/blog/2007/10/nfl_draft_changes.html

"The time that teams are alloted to make their first-round picks will go from 15 minutes to 10 minutes. The second round will be trimmed from 10 minutes to seven minutes. The remaining rounds will be five minutes. In addition, the first day's draft will be limited to the first two rounds rather than three rounds."

I understand that this thought is all just speculation,but I think it's a very good possibilty...As many of you know they have shortened all the times for each team to pick during the draft.I believe the 1st round used to be 15 minutes for each team to pick,which has been shortened to 10 minutes now..It appears they have done this for every round to shorten the draft alltogether.

I think many of you know that certain teams have fallen victom to either losing their pick outright or slotted down because of the time expiration.I remember for sure when the Vikings just failed to pick at all a couple years ago and I believe there have been others as well.

So I think there is a good possibility that teams will not want to risk that,being that it may take time to make deals like this work.So I think there is a very good possibilty that teams will either have a deal already in place before the draft even starts,or at least the finalization set up...so that the information we'll be known before your specific teams pick!

That said...here are a few possibilities I think we can either expect or perhaps might happen days before the draft even begins... :2cents:

Dallas=I believe that Dallas is going to want to move up BIG TIME for Darren McFadden(spell?)I think after we all witnessed....That J.Jones time is probably close to being done there...However..Barber is a FA as wll,so maybe he doesn't get retained with his lack of speed...(dumb move)Either way...I think we can all agree that McFadden has both the speed and power that both Cowboy RB's Possess.They also have (2) 1st rounders to make that move to get him also...#22 and #29 !Obviously..It will cost them more than that,but they might just be a stud RB away from appeasing Jerry...I think it's fair to say,that Dallas is going to at least be good enough to battle for the playoffs consistently every year with the talent they already have.I look for McFadden to be picked anywhere from (#3 to #7)I could see the Raiders,Atlanta,Jets or Patriots trying to get him,so Dallas may have to trade up to #2 to do it! :2cents:

If we see them let Jones go (He's a FA right?) then that may be likely, however, I could just as easily see someone like Green Bay or New England, or even Atlanta jumping to get him too. Barber lack of speed? I didn't realize he was a FA, they have to retain at least one of those guys. Unless they are stupid. Rookies don't always do like Peterson did, and Blocking is an issue. So they probably retain one of them at least if not both. THey did sign Tank Johnson so if he and their other Nose are back healthy they don't need to worry about drafting somebody, but I'd expect them to maybe go after a Cornerback too because one of them is a FA too. They do have the problem however of needing to have someone at the top that is willing to move down. MIami likely ain't moving, probably the same with 'Lanta so I'm not convineced the boys get this done.

Washington=We Obviously have the 21st pick in the draft!I just have this sneakin' suspicion that we will try to trade down if the opportunity presents itself.I realize that we are only picking 21st which is not a costly pick,but I think we will try to accumilate more picks this season with all the possible CAP casualties as well as the new coaches preference...Of course for this to happen,there will need to be a player that drops (AKA Brady Quinn rule) for this to happen.Since we really don't have the Mel Kiper rundown on the top 25 players with more declaring for the draft,all I can do is speculate again..All the teams that pick behind us in the 1st round (#22 to #31) all have franchise QB's except possibly the Niners,who do have Alex Smith (but sucks).Packers have Rodgers even with a Brett retirement, so I doubt they make a move!However...It doesn't necessarily have to be a QB,that a team moves up to get...!There could also be a team move up from the 2nd round just like with the Browns and the Brady Quinn deal to snagg a QB last year.Miami,Atlanta,KC(Croyle) and the Ravens all could maybe try for guys like Brahm,Woodson or even Ryan if they were to fall that far.Anyways...I can us trading down (even if just a couple slots) to aquire a few more picks. :2cents:

TAkes 2 to tango, but I agree, if we can trade down and add one or two picks this year and one next that would be great for us, cause we are really hurting for depth. There are some fine Running Backs and DLineman in the draft and if folks see a lot of names come off the board early, they may jump so you have some good points there, but I'd not be surprised to see us draft a LInebacker or DE/DT or an Olineman in the first round if we are still there.

Miami=I really think the Dolphins will trade down this draft!I know it's unlikely to happen because of the value there and would cost a bundle to get it,but Glenn Dorsey is the best DT I have ever seen since Reggie White.I have never seen a more dominate and automatic NFL stud,like I have seen in Dorsey.Of course the Dolphins could just grab him,which nobody could really argue with...But I could see a team willing to move up for this stud and making this move...The only teams with the firepower to make this move is the Patriots or Cowboys as they both have two 1st round picks.They obviously are pretty stacked at the D-line position,so I'm not sure they would do this.But a team not so far behind the Dolphins,could probably pull it off!The Saints pick #10 and would be a local boy for them,but would need alot of ammo to move up 9 spots...Is it Possible that the Browns and Dolphins arrange some sort of deal?Derek Anderson is a RFA and some believe the Browns would consider dealing him if the price was right...or maybe they dangle Brady Quinn while he still has some value before he is worthless?Miami obviously needs a franchise QB..I think that is fairly obvious!Could the Browns and Dolphins make a deal where Miami gets either Quinn or Anderson?But there is one problem....The Browns have NO 1st rounder,which is now the Cowboys pick.I don't think the Dolphins would trade for Quinn or Anderson without still having a 1st rounder somewhere...Unless if it was for future picks...So I guess you could see something like this?Dolphins trade their 1st round pick to Cleveland for Quinn or Anderson...then the Dolphins aquire the Browns 2nd rounder and the Browns 1st rounder in 09' along with a bunch more picks as well...Either way...I could see both teams winning on this one...The Browns could grab anyone with that #1(probably Dorsey)and the Dolphins would set themselves up with a load of draft picks for their future to build on and a franchise QB to start off with! :2cents:Plus they would have at least two 2nd rounders (if not more) to grab some sleepers!

Miami, is really in a pickle, they won't get a better chance to pick a top pick, but with that pick comes money. Its not just trading down, its the cost of that top pick, and there aren't many teams that want that cost. Dorsey is good, but he's not a top 5 pick IMO Top 15 probably. We will no a bit more once the Dolphins start getting rid of certain personnel, but I imagine they might go after trading down in the hopes of grabbing some top tier Oline talent. If their Oline had protected better Green doesn't get hurt and they ahve a better season I bet. (Patriots only have 1 first round pick as one is taken from them) The Derek Anderson deal might make sense, assuming Cleveland wants to bring in Quinn, I'm not sold on that idea. If Cleveland jumped up, why not grab McFadden, Lewis is aging and not much tread left, but there are lots of guys they could go after, but I imagine they don't do this.

Bengals=There have been rumors of Chad Johnson wanting out of Cinci...I can't imagine them dealing Chad for anything less than a 1st rounder with his big game and big name..They also have issues on what to do with Justin Smith who's a free agent!If the Bengals did deal Chad for a 1st they would have the #9 and whatever team's pick that decides to do it.I would imagine that if a team did go after Chad that it would be for lower 1st rounder...probably #21 to #31 for chad!I could see the Jaguars#28,Packers(?) or Niners(#30) trying to make this move...But the Bengals could address a couple of positions with two 1st rounder if that happened...Possibly a DE @#9 to replace Justin Smith!They still have who'syourdaddy at #2 who would become their #1,so they could get a good Wide reciever with the other #1 pick,or try for one in the later rounds..They do need to upgrade that defense so maye they focus on that this year..? :2cents:

Noone will offer anything more than a 3rd Rounder for Chad Johnson, if Randy Moss was only worth a 5th rounder. Any team that did is either stupid or has picks to give up, it ain't happening, sorry. The Packers have plenty of talent at WR they don't need Chad Johnson:

Packers WRs:

19 Shaun Bodiford WR 25 5-11 186 2 Portland State

80 Donald Driver WR 32 6-0 190 9 Alcorn State

18 Carlyle Holiday WR 26 6-2 217 2 Notre Dame

85 Greg Jennings WR 24 5-11 197 2 Western Michigan

89 James Jones WR 23 6-1 207 R San Jose State

82 Ruvell Martin WR 25 6-4 210 2 Saginaw Valley

81 Koren Robinson WR 27 6-1 205 6 North Carolina State

Of those Driver, Jennings, Jones, Martin, and Robinson have seen LOTS of playing time. '9ers maybe.

This is the worst draft preview I have ever read.

Dallas is not going to draft a RB in the first round unless it is with their second pick.

Even if they wanted McFadden, the #22 and #29 are not going to get you into the top five, which is where you probably need to be to get McFadden. It might get you to #8 in the draft. But like everyone has said, Jerry's history is of trading down, not up.

Your Redskins section is completely void of any information. You basically said: "We could move up, down, or stay pat." Well done.

Dorsey plays DT; Reggie White played DE.

Dallas does not have the ammo to move up to #1 overall. They would have to trade their entire draft plus next year's #1 and #2 for it to make sense. And they would have to deal with Parcells.

New England does not have two first round picks. You should read the papers.

No team is going to offer a first rounder for Chad Johnson.

I hitnk Miami will be stuck at #1 since there seems to be no one front runner in the draft that is head and shoulders aboce the rest. Plus, based on the contracts of previous #1 over all picks, who wants the committment involved...aftewrall...did Jemarcus russell earn his pay check this season? Or even next?

At this point Miami is in a solid position to take McFadden and then wheel and deal w/another team. They don't truly need a RB w/Ronnie Brown coming back and Run DMC will be the most coveted player to come out this year. At our slot it's highly unusual that another team will want to swap picks w/us when they can just hold tight.

This is the worst draft preview I have ever read.

Dallas is not going to draft a RB in the first round unless it is with their second pick.

Even if they wanted McFadden' date=' the #22 and #29 are not going to get you into the top five, which is where you probably need to be to get McFadden. It might get you to #8 in the draft. But like everyone has said, Jerry's history is of trading down, not up.

Your Redskins section is completely void of any information. You basically said: "We could move up, down, or stay pat." Well done.

[b']Dorsey plays DT; Reggie White played DE.[/b]

Dallas does not have the ammo to move up to #1 overall. They would have to trade their entire draft plus next year's #1 and #2 for it to make sense. And they would have to deal with Parcells.

New England does not have two first round picks. You should read the papers.

No team is going to offer a first rounder for Chad Johnson.

You're right...Reggie White did play DE.......He also played DT if your a history buff like I am! ;)

How the hell,can you say no team is going to offer a 1st rounder for Chad Johnson....?Did Seattle or did they not give the Patriots a 1st round pick for Deion Branch? Just because Moss was taken for a 4th round pick by the Pats doesn't mean the value of wide Recievers has dropped significantly!The reason Moss was taken for so cheap.is because he sucked ass in Oakland and everyone thought that Moss had just gave up on becoming an elite player and that it was just all about himself...What did the Raiders give up for Moss when he was a Viking,even with his knowing attitude problem and his selfish ways? ;) I think myself and many on this board would give the Bengals a 1st rounder for Chad Johnson here!Do I want to do it....?NO because we have other needs...and there will be other WR's in FA that we can get for no draft picks that are very good,but near Chads talent!

Archived