Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Question

FloridaSkinsFan2

Per the skins website we have the 21st pick........my question is:

How does Tampa Bay pick ahead of us at #20? We finished with the same record BUT They won their south Division, and beat us head to head. How do they get the 20th pick?

I know its only 1 spot, but that could be the difference in having to trade up 2 spots to get who we may want if they may want the same...costing us a later draft pick....draft order below

I hate the freaking Sucs...NFL Darlings right beside Dallas

link: http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=33961

2008 NFL DRAFT: FIRST ROUNDSelectionTeam1Miami Dolphins2St. Louis Rams3*Oakland Raiders3*Atlanta Falcons3*Kansas City Chiefs6New York Jets7New England Patriots**8Baltimore Ravens9Cincinnati Bengals10New Orleans Saints11Buffalo Bills12Denver Broncos13Carolina Panthers

14Chicago Bears15Detroit Lions16Arizona Cardinals17Minnesota Vikings18Houston Texans19Philadelphia Eagles20Tampa Bay Buccaneers21REDSKINS22Dallas Cowboys***23Pittsburgh Steelers24Tennessee Titans25#Seattle Seahawks26#New York Giants27#San Diego Chargers28#Jacksonville Jaguars29#Green Bay Packers30#Dallas Cowboys31#

San Francisco****

* Subject to coin flip

# Subject to playoffs

** From San Francisco

*** From Cleveland

**** From Indianapolis

Note: New England's first-round pick was taken away by NFL The Redskins will also have picks in the second, third, fifth, sixth and seventh rounds.

I think I read somewhere that right now there are only 2 draft order tie breakers when it comes to teams with the same record. The first is strength of schedule, and the second is a coin toss.

Last year Tampa and Zona had the same record and identical strength of schedule. Tampa pick before Zona because they won the coin toss.

Of course this year 3 teams have the same record and strength of schedule. It remains to be seen how this will be handled.

I would think it's because we had the same record in the end BUT Tampa had the weaker schedule (strength of schedule). They should have done better than us but they didn't hence they're viewed as a weaker team.

I think Strength of schedule is like the 4th tie breaker.......

I mean, they did win the south division, was a higher playoff seed than us (even getting a home game in the 1st round) and beat us head to head.

Im confused at to this 1

The playoff teams are arragned in order of elimination. We wre both eliminated in the first round, but Tampa Bay and us had the same record.

We had a tougher schedule, so we are viewed as a better team, so we pick after them.

that is the way its always been.

The playoff teams are arragned in order of elimination. We wre both eliminated in the first round, but Tampa Bay and us had the same record.

We had a tougher schedule, so we are viewed as a better team, so we pick after them.

that is the way its always been.

Spot on...it is always strength of schedule that is the tie breaker and we had a stronger schedule than TB

I think strength of schedule should be secondary to any head-to-head competition between teams that are tied. In short, we had equal win-loss records, but we lost to the Bucs -- therefore we should be considered the weaker team. Now if there was no head-to-head between tied teams, then strength of schedule should be the next criteria, or a coin-toss.

FYI, I noticed we did wind up losing our4th round pick for the Duckett disaster.

I think strength of schedule should be secondary to any head-to-head competition between teams that are tied. In short, we had equal win-loss records, but we lost to the Bucs -- therefore we should be considered the weaker team. Now if there was no head-to-head between tied teams, then strength of schedule should be the next criteria, or a coin-toss.

FYI, I noticed we did wind up losing our4th round pick for the Duckett disaster.

what we think doesn't matter. its W/L Record where there is a tie the lower strength of schedule picks first, if its a tie they flip a coin.

The exception to this is the two teams to make it to the SB pick last

Per the skins website we have the 21st pick........my question is:

How does Tampa Bay pick ahead of us at #20? We finished with the same record BUT They won their south Division, and beat us head to head. How do they get the 20th pick?

I know its only 1 spot, but that could be the difference in having to trade up 2 spots to get who we may want if they may want the same...costing us a later draft pick....draft order below

I hate the freaking Sucs...NFL Darlings right beside Dallas

link: http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=33961

2008 NFL DRAFT: FIRST ROUNDSelectionTeam1Miami Dolphins2St. Louis Rams3*Oakland Raiders3*Atlanta Falcons3*Kansas City Chiefs6New York Jets7New England Patriots**8Baltimore Ravens9Cincinnati Bengals10New Orleans Saints11Buffalo Bills12Denver Broncos13Carolina Panthers

14Chicago Bears15Detroit Lions16Arizona Cardinals17Minnesota Vikings18Houston Texans19Philadelphia Eagles20Tampa Bay Buccaneers21REDSKINS22Dallas Cowboys***23Pittsburgh Steelers24Tennessee Titans25#Seattle Seahawks26#New York Giants27#San Diego Chargers28#Jacksonville Jaguars29#Green Bay Packers30#Dallas Cowboys31#

San Francisco****

* Subject to coin flip

# Subject to playoffs

** From San Francisco

*** From Cleveland

**** From Indianapolis

Note: New England's first-round pick was taken away by NFL The Redskins will also have picks in the second, third, fifth, sixth and seventh rounds.

same reason that we have played in their house for the past 3 years

Archived