Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dr. Z jumping on the wagon...

WolfMan

Good write up though...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/dr_z/01/04/wild.card.picks/1.html

Washington at Seattle

Here comes Upset No. 2 -- The hot team stays hot, which means the Redskins take one from the Seahawks and their 12th Man in Qwest Field on the shores of, uh, the banks of ... Puget Sound? Is that where all those pretty pictures come from?

The crowd noise is supposed to scare people, terrify them. Next to the dentist who forgot the Novocain, I hate that 12th Man junk worse than anything. Linda, if you say something that begins, "They have a right to..." I'm going to tell you something about my background and history that'll give you nightmares.

And the Redskins are now a battle-hardened gang of roadies who have won two must-win away games in the last three weeks.

The hot team theory usually works pretty well in the first weekend of the postseason. After that, quality of personnel kicks in, but right now I think it makes sense to ride with a club that's feeling good about itself.

Todd Collins knocks me out. Never in his long history as an NFL scrub, preceded by his reign as a starter they were trying to replace, did I ever think he would emerge as the smooth, confident operative who got them through their last three games so neatly. Jason Campbell has undeniable talent. Anybody can see it. But Collins just looks like such a pro out there, a guy who knows how to work a game.

Of course, we haven't seen what happens when things start falling apart. He didn't ride the bench for so many years because people thought he was great. But wines, cheese and quarterbacks do tend to age, and maybe we are seeing the emergence of something special.

The Redskin defense is opportunistic, active and well coached. The offense is capable of moving the ball by any means. The weakness is Santana Moss is too big a part of it, and he's injury prone. Every time he makes a diving catch, I wonder if he's going to get up. Without him they operate in a lower gear and Clinton Portis keeps getting gang tackled.

Matt Hasselbeck is a Pro Bowl QB who can run hot and cold. I keep having strange feelings about him, after seeing him go through erratic streaks when the stakes were raised. I think he'll get his points in the Saturday opener. I just think the Skins will get more of them.

Washington 31, Seattle 27.

I thought Dr. Z was from Daimler-Benz, that guy a while back that tried selling us Chryslers on tv...

Namesake aside, this Dr. Z makes a lot of sense with what he's saying. He even gives himself an out to jump off the bandwagon next week by adding that hot teams can usually win the first round of playoffs. Then he'll probably go back to familiar territory: sucking up to Dallas.

Screw Dr. Z. All of a sudden he jumped on the wagon. I have heard a couple of players this past week say "if you left us for dead a few weeks back, stay off the bandwagon and let us play."

Dr. Z is one of those people, so kick him off the back and let him roll in the gravel!

Linda, if you say something that begins, "They have a right to..." I'm going to tell you something about my background and history that'll give you nightmares.

Nice that he picked us and all, but he still types stuff that makes me scratch my head and think 'wtf is he talking about?'

Nice that he picked us and all, but he still types stuff that makes me scratch my head and think 'wtf is he talking about?'

He's an idiot. He talks to his wife in his articles as if it's live dialogue. He's an arrogant wine-and-cheese foo-foo prick. I can't stand reading his articles because he thinks he's better than everyone else.

Just to add.. I have never liked Dr. Z..

I guess what made me like the article (other than the pick..) was the slamming of the Seahags 12th man....

I have yet to read an article about the game where a mediot has not gone on and on about the 12th man... You do need a team to play football too... :doh:

I don't get it. Anyone that picks the Skins to win is 'hopping on the bandwagon' and is an idiot. Anyone that picks them to lose is a 'hater' and is also an idiot.

What can be said that will please the mass of Redskins fans on this board? Predicting a tie?

I don't get it. Anyone that picks the Skins to win is 'hopping on the bandwagon' and is an idiot. Anyone that picks them to lose is a 'hater' and is also an idiot.

What can be said that will please the mass of Redskins fans on this board? Predicting a tie?

The difference is that Dr. Z openly does not like the organization and is riding the coat tails of the team he thinks will win only for the sake of looking correct.

This has nothing to do with fans.

The difference is that Dr. Z openly does not like the organization and is riding the coat tails of the team he thinks will win only for the sake of looking correct.

This has nothing to do with fans.

True. Dr. Z does have some obvious dislike for this organization. But I was referring to more than just this instance. This board is full of threads discussing predictions - and they all either fall under the bandwagon or hater categories.

Archived