Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Froch vs. Groves II tomorrow on HBO, the card starts around 4:30pm(est). The first fight was pretty good and ended controversially. Can't wait to see the atmosphere, they are expecting over 80k at Wembley.

Groves has more technical skill, but Froch's conditioning is better. Groves dropped Froch early and generally outboxed him for the first half of their fight. Groves tired out and Froch took advantage around the middle of the fight, still a terrible stoppage by that ref though. Froch has that extra gear in him that allows him to comeback from bad situations. He's been in bad spots before, but usually finds a way around them. Rooting for Groves, but I think Froch takes a close decision.

Edited by StillUnknown

Froch vs. Groves II tomorrow on HBO, the card starts around 4:30pm(est). The first fight was pretty good and ended controversially. Can't wait to see the atmosphere, they are expecting over 80k at Wembley.

Groves has more technical skill, but Froch's conditioning is better. Groves dropped Froch early and generally outboxed him for the first half of their fight. Groves tired out and Froch took advantage around the middle of the fight, still a terrible stoppage by that ref though. Froch has that extra gear in him that allows him to comeback from bad situations. He's been in bad spots before, but usually finds a way around them. Rooting for Groves, but I think Froch takes a close decision.

Can't wait for it. My money is on a Groves win by decision but I dont really think anyone has a clue how it'll pan out. Hoping Groves does the business anyway. 

Not much happening in the first 2 rounds, I have gave them both to Groves though.

Froch looks more anxious, like he's tightly wound right now 

Groves' footwork is far better than Froch, who often leaves himself flat-footed and remains in range for counters.

3-0 Groves, although the 3rd is the first definitive win on my card.

Edited by StillUnknown

4-0 Groves

He is simply outboxing Froch to this point. Groves is doing a better job at pacing himself, he hasn't been throwing everything 100% so he might not fade like he did in the first fight.

Not as entertaining as their first fight, but Groves is doing good.

Froch had a really good 5th round, he was able to crowd Groves and found success. That should be his formula for the rest of the fight, he's losing the fight at distance.

Froch is so much more than the sum of his individual parts. There is much wrong with him from a technical perspective, but the son of a **** has a heart the size an elephant. He doesn't have fast hands, not a great technical fighter, not even the hardest puncher, but he puts it all together in a package that can beat anyone at 168 not named Andre Ward.

• Like 1

Mark of a Champ.

Froch has prepared on getting in shape soley on the fight whilst Grovea has been too busy ****ing about anything and everything.

I actually had Froch in front. I thought he held Groves totally in check bar the last couple of rounds but to then bounce back with a finish like that. Wow. Devastating!

WTG Champ!

Hail.

Had it 3-3 with the 1st round being a draw going into the 8th. Gutted for Groves. He was going from strength to strength in that fight I felt but one sweet punch was the difference. Thats boxing though.

Groves was fighting a good fight for him, but he blew his cardio in the 5th & 6th when Froch had some success. Instead of getting back to what was winning him the fight, Groves tried to answer fire with fire and started winging shots. Its probably the result of fighting so many 8 rounders as he was climbing the ladder. He's damn good for the first half of a fight, but fading during the 2nd half has been a consistent problem for him.

Groves was fighting a good fight for him, but he blew his cardio in the 5th & 6th when Froch had some success. Instead of getting back to what was winning him the fight, Groves tried to answer fire with fire and started winging shots. Its probably the result of fighting so many 8 rounders as he was climbing the ladder. He's damn good for the first half of a fight, but fading during the 2nd half has been a consistent problem for him.

Groves most dominant rounds were the 7th and 8th (till he got hit) though in my opinion. He may have been winging shots but he was having success in those rounds. Sadly left his chin open once and got tagged.

The first 4 rounds were nearly too close to call. Felt Groves had a lot to give in the remaining rounds to be honest. Would have loved to see it go the full 12.

HBO announcers really out here comparing Donaire to Ray Leonard. They have lost their ****ing minds.

That's a damn travesty!! smh

Had it 3-3 with the 1st round being a draw going into the 8th. Gutted for Groves. He was going from strength to strength in that fight I felt but one sweet punch was the difference. Thats boxing though.

When scoring a fight, one main rule is no matter how close a round is, you MUST give someone a 10 and someone a 9. You cannot score the round a draw

When scoring a fight, one main rule is no matter how close a round is, you MUST give someone a 10 and someone a 9. You cannot score the round a draw

They are encouraged not to but if a judge can't separate the two fighters he can score a round 10-10. It's rare enough but there's no rule saying they can't do it.David Haye had the first two rounds down as draws last night. That's how close it was at times.

Edited by Morrison J