Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Isn't Manny known for dropping his guard when he lunges in to attack?  It doesn't hurt him against most of his opponents because they are fighters first, boxers 2nd.  With someone like Floyd that kind of tendency is going to get Pac peppered at least 2-3 times before he even gets to Floyd.  JMM KO'd Pac, and was razor-thin margin from victory in their other fights.

Matching up the skill-sets, I think Floyd is the pick to with. Doesn't mean Pac can't win, but I believe Mayweather is too good to lose a fight that stylistically he should win.

Isn't Manny known for dropping his guard when he lunges in to attack?  It doesn't hurt him against most of his opponents because they are fighters first, boxers 2nd.  With someone like Floyd that kind of tendency is going to get Pac peppered at least 2-3 times before he even gets to Floyd.  JMM KO'd Pac, and was razor-thin margin from victory in their other fights.

Matching up the skill-sets, I think Floyd is the pick to with. Doesn't mean Pac can't win, but I believe Mayweather is too good to lose a fight that stylistically he should win.

Pacquiao got careless against JMM. But I can definitely see why most think Mayweather would win. He is technically better, BUT, styles make fights.

Pacquiao got careless against JMM. But I can definitely see why most think Mayweather would win. He is technically better, BUT, styles make fights.

Honestly, what do u see in Manny and what don't u see in Floyd that makes u feel in your heart Manny gets the KO ??

Honestly, what do u see in Manny and what don't u see in Floyd that makes u feel in your heart Manny gets the KO ??

Mayweather hasn't looked all that good as of late. He's losing the ability to avoid punches like he used to. He's still hard to hit, but not nearly as hard as a few years ago.

Pacquiao has looked better. I understand he hasn't KO'd anyone in years, but we all know he beat Bradley twice and was taking it to JMM until he got careless. And let's be real, we all know JMM was on some **** that night.

I think Pacquiao's demise has been exaggerated.

• Like 1

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2015/02/mayweather-vs-pacquiao-only-one-tour-la-or-ny/

If accurate, kinda on the fence about it. There's def 2 sides to this coin but why take the chance?? Maximize profits for all parties involved. Being as tho the fight won't live up to the hype, IF there is a rematch the numbers won't even sniff those of the 1st fight. But the build up has been long enough so i guess we shall see. . .

Edited by Rexx1240

I don't see the need to tour to promote fights these days.

Each guy should do a one hour promo (costs less than doing a tour) , and show clips on commercials.

The thing that bummed me out is that there are going to possibly be no available tickets for the public ? That's lame.

Stating that makes me feel like there is even less of a need to promote it.

Yea it's def a slap in the face. Even tho this is one way to maximize profit for them but i just feel like both the fighters & the promoters owe the fans a lil more than this.

I agree. Coordinating a big tour is just a nightmare. I have no idea how big of an entourage the Pac has...but May runs over 20 deep.

I know I could get tickets...but they would cost an insane amount. To me that would make the best seats in the house...in my house even for 100+ bucks. If I could get my hands on them from someone that didn't want to go that would be one thing...but unlikely. So I would have to pay in the area of 10k or more for 2 decent seats.

If they did the promos combined with the commercials, you are promoting the fight, the promos, and the PPV.

I'm sure you guys know that this is nothing new. Getting mega fight tix at face value is virtually impossible.

I hear they may settle on the name of it bein called "The Event". . . . pretty lame tho.

I don't think it's that bad. "The Fight of the a Century" would have been better though.

• Like 1

I think it's ridiculous too, but an event this big being held in a small venue like the MGM Grand, outrageously high tic prices were to be expected. I know they're building another MGM Grand, I hope it's much bigger than the current one.

I was hoping to get a ticket just to flip it closer to fight day and multiply my money, I doubt that will be possible though. 

See I wouldn't flip them. I would go.

It should be promoted as "The Moment We Have All Been Waiting For".

Edited by Kosher Ham