Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I don't disagree with this statement but a stoppage tho?? How did u draw that conclusion. . . .

So many folks despise Floyd outside of the ring and they really want him to lose badly. But in reality, Manny isn't the one to get him. It will be Father Time, if he gets got. Manny's best chance is a one hitter quitter, and he hasn't knocked out anyone in years. Floyd has a great chin. Gonna be some interesting debates until fight time. I think Floyd will get up for this fight and beat the brakes off of Manny. Floyd by UD (8-4). Can't wait.

• Like 1

I don't know if you two realized, but Maidana had Mayweather hurt in their second fight right before the bell.

And how do we really know how good Mayweather's chin is? He rarely gets hit clean. He will this fight.

Edited by DM72

Demarcus "Chop-Chop" Corley, Zab Judah, Shane Mosley & Marcos Maidana all caught Floyd with good shots that stunned him. He recovered quickly and won each fight by UD. In the 2nd Maidana fight, that shot was at the 3rd round bell and took Floyd a little longer to recover. Undefeated Corrales was a big puncher and experts thought he would KO Floyd. 10 rounds later and after 5-6 knock downs, Floyd gets the TKO. His chin is very underrated.

• Like 1

And how do we really know how good Mayweather's chin is? He rarely gets hit clean. He will this fight.

Curious as to why you think all of a sudden he is going to get hit cleanly ?

His chin has been tested and he withstood the blows. As Rexx stated earlier the guy hasn't been on the canvas.

I certainly don't see a knockout from either guy. It seems very unlikely.

I don't know if you two realized, but Maidana had Mayweather hurt in their second fight right before the bell.

last time Pac faced an accurate counter puncher, this happened:

PacquiaoKO.jpg

not sayin, just sayin.......

• Like 1

Curious as to why you think all of a sudden he is going to get hit cleanly ?

His chin has been tested and he withstood the blows. As Rexx stated earlier the guy hasn't been on the canvas.

I certainly don't see a knockout from either guy. It seems very unlikely.

Has he ever fought anyone with Pac's speed and power? The two fighters that come close, Judah and Mosley, had him in trouble.

From what I saw against Maidana, Mayweather's legs are gone and he doesn't avoid punches like he used to.

last time Pac faced an accurate counter puncher, this happened:

PacquiaoKO.jpg

not sayin, just sayin.......

So it begins.

Has he ever fought anyone with Pac's speed and power? The two fighters that come close, Judah and Mosley, had him in trouble.

From what I saw against Maidana, Mayweather's legs are gone and he doesn't avoid punches like he used to.

So it begins.

Judah is faster than Pacquiao at throwing punches...but not as strong. Mosley is stronger than Pac but not as fast.

Floyd had trouble with Judah at the beginning because with Judah's speed, it was hard to time him. Once Floyd figured out the visual clues to what Judah was doing and used that to get the timing down, he beat him easy.

Mosley when he was in welter was the strongest puncher. The two shots he caught Mayweather with were good shots, but it's what Floyd did after those shots and his recovery that impress. The first shot, the straight right after Floyd got caught with it he immediately caught it with his arm and held on making Mosley a one arm puncher, instead of reaching out to grab him. The other punch, the looping right he got caught with...Floyd buckled almost to a full squat, raised up, backed up to the ropes to buy some time and recovered. And not only recovered...stood his ground and walked Mosley down for the rest of the fight.

Pacquiao has quick feet, but he's not good at cutting off the ring once a fighter gets out of range. And even if he could, he wouldn't be able to keep Floyd on the ropes like Maidana, who outweighed Floyd by 17 pds on fight night.

This is a bad fight for Manny. All the mistakes that he makes Floyd will jump on. I would not be surprised if Floyd put pressure on Manny and walked him down. Pacquiao has one set distance he operates from. He is at a disadvantage in the phone booth (can't fight inside) and outside of his punching range (where he starts lunging in to get his shots off).

• Like 2

Judah is faster than Pacquiao at throwing punches...but not as strong. Mosley is stronger than Pac but not as fast.

Floyd had trouble with Judah at the beginning because with Judah's speed, it was hard to time him. Once Floyd figured out the visual clues to what Judah was doing and used that to get the timing down, he beat him easy.

Mosley when he was in welter was the strongest puncher. The two shots he caught Mayweather with were good shots, but it's what Floyd did after those shots and his recovery that impress. The first shot, the straight right after Floyd got caught with it he immediately caught it with his arm and held on making Mosley a one arm puncher, instead of reaching out to grab him. The other punch, the looping right he got caught with...Floyd buckled almost to a full squat, raised up, backed up to the ropes to buy some time and recovered. And not only recovered...stood his ground and walked Mosley down for the rest of the fight.

Pacquiao has quick feet, but he's not good at cutting off the ring once a fighter gets out of range. And even if he could, he wouldn't be able to keep Floyd on the ropes like Maidana, who outweighed Floyd by 17 pds on fight night.

This is a bad fight for Manny. All the mistakes that he makes Floyd will jump on. I would not be surprised if Floyd put pressure on Manny and walked him down. Pacquiao has one set distance he operates from. He is at a disadvantage in the phone booth (can't fight inside) and outside of his punching range (where he starts lunging in to get his shots off).

All those points you made were obviously slanted in Mayweather's favor. So let me get this straight. Zab was faster, Mosley hits harder and Maidana can put pressure on him, but Pacquiao can't. I guess Pacquiao will be lucky to land a meaningful punch. I know you think Mayweather will win, and there's nothing wrong with that, but guys like Judah and Maidana isn't in Pacquiao's league and Floyd WILL.find that out. Edited by DM72

All those points you made were obviously slanted in Mayweather's favor. So let me get this straight. Zab was faster, Mosley hits harder and Maidana can put pressure on him, but Pacquiao can't. I guess Pacquiao will be lucky to land a meaningful punch. I know you think Mayweather will win, and there's nothing wrong with that, but guys like Judah and Maidana isn't in Pacquiao's league and Floyd WILL.find that out.

I didn't slant anything in Mayweather's favor. And I never said Manny can't cut off the ring. He's not good at it. 

When does Pacquiao walk anybody down? He operates in a range. If you back up a la Mosley, and continue to give him ground...he'll take it, but he doesn't want to work like that. Look at that Pacquiao Mosley fight again. All Shane did that fight was backup. Pacquiao didn't like it, but it was ok because Shane wasn't really throwing much for him to be worrying about counters of the backfoot (which he was wide open for that whole night a la a straight right hand). He operates better when people are coming toward him.

Mayweather doesn't care about that in a fight. He operates when he wants to. You can't sucker him in to fight your fight. And if Pacquiao thinks shooting a left, then a left right combination over and over will somehow win this fight, he's in for a long night.

Lucky to land a meaningful punch...I won't say that. I will say that I believe what I've believed since the beginning: Mayweather whitewashes Pacquiao. 

• Like 1

You gotta post in this thread more Hail2TheHogs, good insight. Would love to hear your breakdown on other fights.

Speaking of which Golovkin fighting Martin Murrary on HBO today, live at 5:45pm (est) then replayed later tonight. Murray is a decent fighter, but don't expect him to trouble Golovkin in any way. He getting good boy'd tonight.

You gotta post in this thread more Hail2TheHogs, good insight. Would love to hear your breakdown on other fights.

Speaking of which Golovkin fighting Martin Murrary on HBO today, live at 5:45pm (est) then replayed later tonight. Murray is a decent fighter, but don't expect him to trouble Golovkin in any way. He getting good boy'd tonight.

Thanks for the update...I need to check that fight out. Murray is a decent step-up in competition for Golovkin.

I didn't slant anything in Mayweather's favor. And I never said Manny can't cut off the ring. He's not good at it. 

When does Pacquiao walk anybody down? He operates in a range. If you back up a la Mosley, and continue to give him ground...he'll take it, but he doesn't want to work like that. Look at that Pacquiao Mosley fight again. All Shane did that fight was backup. Pacquiao didn't like it, but it was ok because Shane wasn't really throwing much for him to be worrying about counters of the backfoot (which he was wide open for that whole night a la a straight right hand). He operates better when people are coming toward him.

Mayweather doesn't care about that in a fight. He operates when he wants to. You can't sucker him in to fight your fight. And if Pacquiao thinks shooting a left, then a left right combination over and over will somehow win this fight, he's in for a long night.

Lucky to land a meaningful punch...I won't say that. I will say that I believe what I've believed since the beginning: Mayweather whitewashes Pacquiao.

That all sounds good and could be accurate, but when was the last time he faced a fast, hard hitting southpaw?