Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Texans' Fan kicked out for STANDING....

MarkB452

Folks should be staying home with their big screens and popcorn. Leave the stadium to loud fans and you'll get a real home field advantage. I'm trying to picture a football stadium with no standing...I just can't imagine it. Please don't let it come to this.

I was told to sit at the steelers preseason game, and was pissed at first, but then I thought about it and was like, well... it is a preseason game, I don't give a ****.

I stood for 95% of the eagles game, but so was everyone in my entire section, so it was warrented, killed me though, because the sitting/standing motion was starting to get to my drunk ass :laugh:

That is ridiculous. Dude was standing in the Bull Pen.

F]ans within the Bull Pen are encouraged to stand throughout the game, sing, cheer and otherwise support the team in an enthusiastic manner and therefore this section may not be a good fit for children or families.

That's from the Texans website. Those ushers need to be fired and those sit down fans need to be smacked around until they come to the realization that they are at a football game.

I'm kind of split on this one....

Most of you have heard my commentaries on fan behavior in the past. You know that I'm not part of the group that believes in standing all game, being obnoxious or otherwise interfering with the ability of those around me to watch a game.

HOWEVER, since it appears that in the particular section or Reliant Stadium where this occurs the team has made it very clear that those anti-social behaviors ARE acceptable, I believe this gentleman has a case. Now, that having been said, I'd like to hope that it is made VERY CLEAR to anyone buying tickets in that section, either from the team directly or through an after-market ticket agency that the section they're buying tickets in is a Mosh Pit and may very well not be conducive to actually paying attention to the game, or even being able to view the field at any particular point in time.

Really, I'm getting the feeling that most of these stadiums need to start dividing their sections up into defined area..... Certain sections would be reserved for people who actually want to act like civilized human beings and are there to watch the game. Other sections would be reserved for the drunken neanderthals who have no common decency. Maybe that would start to solve the problems.

There is going to be standing at a football game its that simple its a stadium with fans cheering on there team. Big plays happen and fans stand up and cheer.

UVA, that's fine. However, at an NFL game there's a 40 second play clock that runs between most plays. I would suggest that those people standing up and celebrating a big play should have the common courtesy to be sitting down again before the next play is run.

The people I have issues with are the ones who somehow believe that they're entitled to stand for extended periods of time or to tell me when I am supposed to be cheering (3rd downs on defense, etc...). I have my way of rooting for a team and they have theirs. Neither is right or wrong. HOWEVER, while my courteous way of rooting doesn't interfere with their discourteous way of rooting, their discourteous way does most definitely interfere with mine. That's why I really think these stadiums need separated areas, clearly marked on the tickets and inside the stadium to segregate the animals from the human beings.

UVA, that's fine. However, at an NFL game there's a 40 second play clock that runs between most plays. I would suggest that those people standing up and celebrating a big play should have the common courtesy to be sitting down again before the next play is run.

The people I have issues with are the ones who somehow believe that they're entitled to stand for extended periods of time or to tell me when I am supposed to be cheering (3rd downs on defense, etc...). I have my way of rooting for a team and they have theirs. Neither is right or wrong. HOWEVER, while my courteous way of rooting doesn't interfere with their discourteous way of rooting, their discourteous way does most definitely interfere with mine. That's why I really think these stadiums need separated areas, clearly marked on the tickets and inside the stadium to segregate the animals from the human beings.

Due I mainly agree with you on this. I dont agree about fansstanding the whole game. There are seats for a reason. That said some plays happen and for some parts of the game fans will be standing for periods of time. Its football. If the fan stands up for the whole game just to be a dick then I understand your point.

Mass, crowds at football games are made up of more than two types of people. You can be loud and passionate and not be a drunken neanderthal. It benefits your team to be loud during certain parts of the game.

Yes you can be loud and passionate without being drunk. You can also do it with your backside plastered to the SEAT that you paid for as well.

On the benefits of a loud crowd.... let's just say that if a team NEEDS that noise to be successful, I think they've got some significant problems. Yes the noise can be helpful to defenses but it shouldn't be something they count on.

Due I mainly agree with you on this. I dont agree about fansstanding the whole game. There are seats for a reason. That said some plays happen and for some parts of the game fans will be standing for periods of time. Its football. If the fan stands up for the whole game just to be a dick then I understand your point.

UVA, while I respect your opinion on this, I have yet to see, in my many years watching football, a reason for a fan to be standing for more than say, 30 seconds at a time and definitely NEVER while there is a play ongoing.

Did you ever go to RFK? Perhaps you would prefer Wimbledon where they serve strawberries and cream and are silent during the match?

No I did not. I've never been to FedEx either; and I probably never will attend a game there in person. From what I hear the experience would not be overly pleasant for me, and I'm not going to waste a ton of cash traveling to DC, paying for lodging, tickets, food, etc... for an experience I don't believe will be a positive or enjoyable one.

I don't expect silence, but I do expect some common sense and common courtesy. I don't hear a whole lot of complaints from the Patriots players and coaches about the noise and involvement of their fans at Gillette Stadium, but that venue has very strict rules on the acceptable behavior of the fans from what I have been lead to believe.

If the game were meant to be watched standing up they would build stadiums without seats. If the guy standing up was blocking the view of someone who paid to see the game as well then the guy needs to sit his @ss down.

Yes you can root for your team and scream all you want but when you start screwing with other people's game experience (that they also paid for) then you have crossed the line.:2cents:

I don't agree with you but you clearly stated your position. Perhaps there is a compromise? Why not have the sections behind the goalposts for those who want to stand, hurl obscenities, and jump around just like in football grounds in South America currently and Europe prior to 1990? Go and see the Skins play, you will enjoy yourself. I've seen far worse behavior at Fenway.

No I did not. I've never been to FedEx either; and I probably never will attend a game there in person. From what I hear the experience would not be overly pleasant for me, and I'm not going to waste a ton of cash traveling to DC, paying for lodging, tickets, food, etc... for an experience I don't believe will be a positive or enjoyable one.

I don't expect silence, but I do expect some common sense and common courtesy. I don't hear a whole lot of complaints from the Patriots players and coaches about the noise and involvement of their fans at Gillette Stadium, but that venue has very strict rules on the acceptable behavior of the fans from what I have been lead to believe.

Well dude if a stadium ever sets up rules where I cant stand then id get my money back. Bottom line its a football game theres going to be people standing at times in critical moments. Im shocked if your sitting down during them unless you have a medical condition where you have to sit. I agree fans shouldnt be standing for long periods of time but there are parts during the game where id be standing.

One question you have been to a NFL game before right? If you havent you shouldnt be posting about this to the extent that you are. You said you havent been to RFK or FedEx but please tell me you have been to a NFL game. There is nothing you can compare to the emotion of one so I hope you have been to be commenting on this.

I don't agree with you but you clearly stated your position. Perhaps there is a compromise? Why not have the sections behind the goalposts for those who want to stand, hurl obscenities, and jump around just like in football grounds in South America currently and Europe prior to 1990? Go and see the Skins play, you will enjoy yourself. I've seen far worse behavior at Fenway.

That's actually one of the things I suggested in an earlier post.... having separate sections for the hoodlums and neanderthals that are separated from the sections for the polite, civilized fans.

Maybe in a couple of years when I'm a little more confident that I can get to a Redskins home game and see them WIN (another reason I haven't traveled to see them play in DC) I will get to a game.

As for the behavior at Fenway.... there's a reason why I'll spend the money to see a Saturday or Sunday AFTERNOON game from the BOX SEATS rather than watching a night game from the bleachers in that ballpark.

Well dude if a stadium ever sets up rules where I cant stand then id get my money back. Bottom line its a football game theres going to be people standing at times in critical moments. Im shocked if your sitting down during them unless you have a medical condition where you have to sit. I agree fans shouldnt be standing for long periods of time but there are parts during the game where id be standing.

Then I suggest you NOT make a trip up here to Gillette Stadium any time in the near future. That is not allowed from what has been told to me by people who have attended games there. Standing for more than a moment or two, or while moving in or out of the seating areas is severely frowned upon at best.

One question you have been to a NFL game before right? If you havent you shouldnt be posting about this to the extent that you are. You said you havent been to RFK or FedEx but please tell me you have been to a NFL game. There is nothing you can compare to the emotion of one so I hope you have been to be commenting on this.

Yes, I've been to two Redskins pre-season games versus the Patriots at the old Foxboro Stadium. Then again I don't go to any sporting event for the "emotion" or anything like that. I go to watch my team WIN. If it becomes obvious that they aren't going to, I leave. Obviously I have different reasonings for going to games than you and most other people do.

I would actually make the division between strawberry and cream eaters sitting on their hands upset that they are actually at a football game and not surrounded by bloodless clones of themselves; and fans who will watch a game in very cold rain regardless of whether the Skins win or lose.

Then I suggest you NOT make a trip up here to Gillette Stadium any time in the near future. That is not allowed from what has been told to me by people who have attended games there. Standing for more than a moment or two, or while moving in or out of the seating areas is severely frowned upon at best.

Well I wouldnt want to spent my time in Gillette Stadium with a bunch of retarded Pats fans who are defending cheaters. As to this part of your post your telling me after a td those fans dont stand and cheer or on a critical down late in the game they dont stand before the snap? Well ive seen them do it so please watch a game at Gillette before you post about it. Oh and arent those the same fans that were throwing ice balls on the field in the Jets game and they had to suspend the game for a couple minutes. I watched that game and they are some of the dumbest fans ive ever seen. Hey lets trhrow snow in the air and hit other fans in the head but please dont stand lol what a joke.

Archived