Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: With seed clinched, Cowboys not likely to rely on starters vs. Redskins,(merged)

NextGENskinsFaN

Posted this in another thread, but just had to post it again here:

Ummmm, no. I don't care who we play, I just want to win. If Romo sits to pee and TO sit and our chances of winning go up, then I want that to happen. What is all this "I want to beat them at full strength talk" - have you guys seen our team? When have WE been full strength???

-Our best player died this year leaving a giant whole on D

-Our starting QB is Todd Collins, a 10 year back-up

-Our O-line is filled with replacement players

-Our WRs can't stay healthy for more than a week straight

-Two of our better defensive young guys are out for 1 maybe 2 years.

I will take ANYTHING I get. F pride. The sports gods have done enough damage to us already this year. We are playing and beating people with OUR back-ups. I don't care what the fans say after the game, that means nothing. Only thing that matters is punching our ticket to the playoffs.

Yes, silly, counterproductive machismo.

The more WE can rest (hopefully we can take an early lead and pound them for about 2.5 quarters) the better we'll be able to advance past Seattle and face Dallas in a GAME THAT MEANS SOMETHING FOR BOTH TEAMS.

That's what you cats aren't getting. WE HAVE TO PLAY DALLAS if we WIN AT SEATTLE.

PERIOD.

That means we'll get all the opportunity for bragging rights. We have NONE here, even if they lost homefield advantage, that's not the same as fighting for a sole playoff spot. We JUST PLAYED an all-out game and whooped up on someone fighting to clinch playoffs--TWICE.

Isn't that enough?

And if SOMEHOW We made it to the SB, do you really think to yourself, "Oh, I hope Brady doesn't sprain anything, so they have no excuses!" SCREW THAT---WIN.

They won't rollover, but we should be much more motivated than them for obvious reasons. I feel like if we can get a lead early on these guys, they'll just go through motions in the 2nd half. I think they'll treat it a lot a like a preseason game, play the starters for maybe a half and then put in the backups the rest of the game. The difficulty will be that GW will basically have to have 2 game plans, one for Romo sits to pee and one for Johnson.

Posted this in another thread, but just had to post it again here:

Ummmm, no. I don't care who we play, I just want to win. If Romo sits to pee and TO sit and our chances of winning go up, then I want that to happen. What is all this "I want to beat them at full strength talk" - have you guys seen our team? When have WE been full strength???

-Our best player died this year leaving a giant whole on D

-Our starting QB is Todd Collins, a 10 year back-up

-Our O-line is filled with replacement players

-Our WRs can't stay healthy for more than a week straight

-Two of our better defensive young guys are out for 1 maybe 2 years.

I will take ANYTHING I get. F pride. The sports gods have done enough damage to us already this year. We are playing and beating people with OUR back-ups. I don't care what the fans say after the game, that means nothing. Only thing that matters is punching our ticket to the playoffs.

Great post....Yeah its stupid to want to face Dallas at full strength, who cares about pride seriously, its about getting into the playoffs right now, and we will take anything that will help us, including playing a less than motivated Dallas second string....And even then, in no way is this going to be an easy game, Brad Johnson doesnt **** around

Yes, silly, counterproductive machismo.

No!

That's what you cats aren't getting. WE HAVE TO PLAY DALLAS if we WIN AT SEATTLE.

I get it, you do not appear to get my earlier point.

For the record like EVERYONE here, I'll be extatic should we get a win regardless of how we get it or who we get it against next Sunday!

We are risking our guys this week (have no choice). I would not mind that same level of Risk to their banged up players such as TO as opposed to healing them up for 2 vice 1 one before playing us again.

Yep, you heard me... I don't want Dallas to rest up for the playoffs! I want the Washington Redskins to scalp them fair and square and earn their wildcard place with pride. Then if they lose the game we will know why we really missed our chance.

As Coach Wade Phillips sternly said the Cowboys would be playing to win because of the "integrity of the game"...

Good. Lets knock Romo sits to pee from the game and beat em in true style.

:cheers:

Beat our back ups, travel to the northwest and upset Seattle and you'll get your opportunity in the playoffs with everything on the line FOR BOTH TEAMS. YOU control your wish.

So.

Effing.

STUPID!

Some of you guys have your heads up your rears and would rather have an AMAZING Dallas team at full strength playing our DECIMATED team, as Duckus put it, than having us make the playoffs.

:doh:

Dallas isn't amazing. It maybe how you see them. But some of us aren't idolozied and enamored by Dallas. Do they have a good team? Yes, but not great. They had a bunch of games that they got some incredible luck in and have had no major injuries(until now). We played them tough in Dallas and we were banged up then. The Redskins intensity level will be sky high and if dallas want's to bring their starters into play i would love every minute of the beatdown. I am not much for guarantees but we won't lose this game.

I think what most Dallas fans are forgetting is that, we're starting a lot of our backups anyway, with guys like Campbell, Jansen, Thomas, Wade, Carlos, Taylor, Griff and Rocky out.

So that "you only beat us because we didn't have our starters in" won't work.

Exactly. Dallas has had a late night bedtime story type of season in terms of injuries. Every break has gone their way. Even when Romo sits to pee fumbled the ball it still seemed to find a way back into his hands. All this stuff only lasts for so long. We have been playing with backups all year and went to dallas and should have won. No dallas fan really wants us in playoffs. They can say it on here but deep down that is their nightmare scenario that a field general that has guided his team to 3 SB's and his troops walk into Texas stadium against Wade Phillips who has never won a playoff game.

Archived