Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another presser tomorrow.

Art

Damn, we sign all of those players than I don't see any reason why we can't go for broke and move up in the draft and get either Suggs, Johnson or Rogers. I'd like to get a safety and DT in the draft but if we get Big Daddy to stay I think we can get away with the cost of moving up so high. That being if we can slide it all under the cap.

Bram says this is all on Snyder. Snyder is the guy who sells it to the agents. He sells it to the players. He glad handles the agents and gets them to think Washington first before even looking elsewhere.

Added that the team told him the Skins will NOT go for Boston at all. Said that Ismail would be a fourth or fifth receiver. A guy who is fourth of fifth and is faster than most teams No. 1 corner to create matchup problems and to steady a young group of receivers.

Suggs, more and more, looks like the guy we covet.

The Noble and Thomas signings I like. Upshaw was said to be a bit of an underachiever and, although he's a Notre Dame grad, I hate the Ismail signing because I think he's beyond finished.

Unless Bruce Smith can get Upshaw a little more motivated, I won't "bone up" :jerkoff: on that signing either.

everybody on the Raiders has been accused of being an underachiever at one point or another of their NFL career :laugh:

that's how Davis gets some of 'em so cheap.

you do notice that every #1 pick that is cut around the NFL ends up with the Raiders for a look see.

Davis has been doing this for years.

Upshaw was one of those players that got cut and finally started to emerge late with the silver and black.

he is not an answer for the long-term, but with Smith around for one more season, it would appear that a platoon of some sort for 2003 may be the best way to go, given our needs at DT.

we simply don't have the draft choices to cover ALL the bases.

Originally posted by Art

Bram says this is all on Snyder. Snyder is the guy who sells it to the agents. He sells it to the players. He glad handles the agents and gets them to think Washington first before even looking elsewhere.

Added that the team told him the Skins will NOT go for Boston at all. Said that Ismail would be a fourth or fifth receiver. A guy who is fourth of fifth and is faster than most teams No. 1 corner to create matchup problems and to steady a young group of receivers.

Suggs, more and more, looks like the guy we covet.

Don't bet on Suggs buddy. I wouldn't want you to loose your shirt. :laugh:

The FO has said they want TWO fast WRs. As I said before, one will be a FA the other will come day one of the draft. That means we move up to draft Andre Johnson or stand pat and draft the best D lineman we can in round 1 and grab somone like Taylor Jacobs in the second.

It should be clear by now that Danny is going to set Spurrier up with the personnel to make the fun-n-gun run.

When am I ever wrong? :laugh:

Quote that just appeared in Redskins.com article:

"Washington also announced the team traded guard David Loverne and an undisclosed draft pick for Canidate. Canidate has been the back up for Marshall Faulk in St. Louis since the 2000 season. He saw his most significant action in 2001, when he started two games. He rushed for 441 yards and six touchdowns that season. Canidate was drafted in the first round of the 2000 draft (31st overall) from Arizona.

The Redskins are scheduled to hold a press conference Monday to introduce Canidate. Check Redskins.com for a LIVE audio stream."

Two concerns:

1) It's odd that the draft choice in the Canidate trade would be undisclosed, when all the media seem to have moved to saying it's a 4th. Maybe the trade involved a fourth that could turn into a third if Canidate reaches certain performance levels -- that would be a lot less appealing than a straight fourth.

2) The next conference is (according to Redskins.com) scheduled for Monday, rather than tomorrow, as WTEM apparently said. That (and the fact that there's no hint of any other signing as potentially being part of that conference) may (or may not) squelch some of our enthusiasm about whether we actually have already agreed in principle with Thomas, and, less importantly, the other boatload of signees.

Romberjo,

How on earth can the pick be "undisclosed" and involve Candidate reaching certain incentives. How can he reach incentives between now, Feb 28th 03, and April 26-28 03 (the draft). :laugh:

I'll admit I don't know enough about Noble to be excited about him. Upshaw I always felt was a bit overated and hard to motivate. Someone more knowledgeable, imagine that :rolleyes: , will have to fill me in on these to Manchilds.

Rocket is a good stabilizer for the WR corp., as long as he comes relatively cheap. We need someone with his experience and speed to mentor some of the younger kids like Gardner and McCants. Imagine this group if you will:

Gardner #1

Kelly Washington #2 (Slot) 2nd Round

McCants #3

Rocker Ismail #4

Ryan Hoag #5 (Pick from draft trade down)

Russell #6 Kick Returner

Archived