Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Herald - ST defendant describes gun disposal

hogfat

Rivera will be charged as an adult but cannot receive the death penalty because he is a minor.

Well, with the Felony murder charge there are only two options for sentencing:

Death Penalty or Life with no parole.

How crazy would it be that the killer might get only life, but the others fry...Rivera needs to be charged as an adult

Morning news said that the lawyer of one of the 4 being held gave info on the location of the gun used to shoot ST. It was placed in a sock, and tossed into the everglades.

While that may sound like lookin for a needle in a haystack, they showed an area roped off, so they have a good general idea of the section of roadway it was thrown from.

I've never been to that part of the country but I would think the gun could potentially still be in the same place where it was tossed. My assumption is that the current in the everglades is not that strong and the gun would have sank to the bottom.

Just a terrible tragedy! I still am not fully over his death :(

But he's in a better place now!

HTTR!!! :point2sky

I'm perfectly happy letting him sit in Jail for the rest of his life to ponder 30 minutes of complete stupidity on his behalf. I hope they give him a jail cell with a great view of freedom, something that he won't be tasting for the rest of his life.

i wouldnt want that to happen. cuz then the people of the state of florida would have to pay to keep them living in the comfort of a jail cell. why waste the good taxpayers money on keeping them in comfort to think about what they did?

(I am not quoting anyone except the little demon in our heads that invented the dog ate our homework line.)

"We didn't think he was home... we just wanted the black bag with money in it. It was a total accident that he was home. He attacked us with a machete and we had no choice but to defend ourselves and run. We forgot we had the gun in our pocket it was just a coincidence we had it there."

Your honor, clearly this whole matter was Mr. Taylor's fault. He had no business attacking these starving young men with a machete. It was an accident they had the gun and they wore masks to hide their shame in having to steal to feed their families.

Sad. I hate it! I'd be surprised if they don't plea them all out. And the reason the minor did the shooting is b/c they knew he couldn't get the death penalty. It's hard to guess what a jury will do..they may be "more justice" if they do a plea bargain..trust me..juries in this country are idiots! (Maybe I should say juries in the area where I live are idiots! Sorry to lump all jurists into 1 pile):2cents:

ugh...my heart hurts. i'll never see 21 on the field again. justice will be served i'm sure, but it won't bring him back. i've never lost a loved one...yes, at 31, i've never had the unfortunate experience of losing someone i love...yet. i can't imagine, after going through this, what it feels like to lose someone you know.

i hurt...still.

i proudly display my R.I.P. 21 bumper magnet on my car (next to my support the troops magnet). the pain is real. death is real...

when will our youth realize that you can't press "reset"

Sad. I hate it! I'd be surprised if they don't plea them all out. And the reason the minor did the shooting is b/c they knew he couldn't get the death penalty. It's hard to guess what a jury will do..they may be "more justice" if they do a plea bargain..trust me..juries in this country are idiots! (Maybe I should say juries in the area where I live are idiots! Sorry to lump all jurists into 1 pile):2cents:

The bolded sentence makes it sound like this was premeditated.

I don't think that was the case.

I believe it was 4 punk kids trying to be big and bad......one with a gun...who shot and had a very lucky shot.

They were looking for the $300,000. They didn't think Sean was there...so I don't think that the death penalty crossed their stupid little minds.

No need to be sorry. Your statement is correct. Most jurors are woefully ignorant of the law and have a hard time understanding the concept of "reasonable doubt". Also, they cannot seem to understand that their job is to simply take the evidence put before them and apply it to the law as the judge instructs them. Nothing more, nothing less. One or more jurors will always come up with their own theories about the case during deliberations and that's a big no no. I've heard some wild stuff come out of jury rooms.

Worse than that, we now have jurors aquitting defendants because the prosecution didn't present any DNA evidence. This day and time, they just think it's a given. Judges are having to give special instructions now on DNA evidence because basically, people watch too much TV. The judges around here call it the CSI instruction.

Lets See Drive around 100 miles with no clue as to why... oh yeah lets go to the exclusive neighborhood and Rob... oh by the way I brought my mask just in case... and I have it on good sources that there is 200 Grand there, I wonder where that info came from? They should all Fry, too bad they won't because someone has to tell the story in court and 1 is a minor. No honor amongst thieves they will all live that proverb shortly

Archived