Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bryant Gumball calls Frank Gore, Al Gore

Retire 21

You can nitpick ANY announcer...but geez. Gumbel is terrible. Doesn't seem to have a clue what's going on, and he's boring. Adds no insight to the game. One of the worst announcers I've ever heard. Plus he sounds like a total dweeb. He's like everybody's dorky brother-in-law who pretends to like football so he can fit in with the rest of the guys.

At least Gumbel corrected himself right after.. Remember that one game where the announcers called our QB "Scott Brunell" for the entire game.. And then amazingly enough, "Scott Brunell" returned in a completely unrelated article on CBS Sportsline two years later.

I mean, wtf.

The only thing I don't like about Gumbel is his voice. Too nasally and slightly annoying. Other than that, he gets things correct for the most part, and doesn't voice overly stupid opinions. That's enough for me. The guys that really get me annoyed are bad color commentators like Collinsworth, Kornheiser, and I used to hate Baldinger (I only see him on Playbook now, and he's pretty good on that show).

Archived