Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stephon Heyer will decide this game.

playboy1972

Stephon Heyer matched up against Michael Strahan will tell us everything we need to know about this game. If we have to support with Cooley or Yoder we will be in trouble. They have backup safeties playing and any extra time Collins can get will be crucial. Let's Go Stephon, make us proud.

If Collins is given consistent protection (minus maybe 1 or 2 sacks at the most) we will win.

This isn't like a young Kurt Warner and the Rams - he'd get sacked like 5 times a game and get hit a lot and still light it up because they had such talent on offense.

We have to keep Collins upright consistently to put a few scores on or else we lose.

The Skins website projects Todd Wade, but everyone has raved over Heyer's performance against the Bears. So maybe they have shifted in their thoughts.

I don't know who was raving about him, but I did see that Heyer was having some pretty big problems in the running game. I think he's a stronger pass protector than run blocker right now.

Jason

I don't know who was raving about him, but I did see that Heyer was having some pretty big problems in the running game. I think he's a stronger pass protector than run blocker right now.

Jason

Bingo. But it's not just Heyer. Kendell looked like crap run blocking. Absolute crap for what we expect of him.

If Fabini sucks...Fine. I expect it. But with Kendell the bar is higher.

stephon is a undrafted rookie free agent coming off injury that shortant his senior year in college. he's playing at or above the level of players with minimum 4 years NFL experience on this team, he is over achieving in my book :2cents: thank goodness Joe Gibbs started that rookie camp, it allows us to pick up cheap hungry young talent

Stephon Heyer matched up against Michael Strahan will tell us everything we need to know about this game. If we have to support with Cooley or Yoder we will be in trouble. They have backup safeties playing and any extra time Collins can get will be crucial. Let's Go Stephon, make us proud.

Heyer needs to hit the weights. My grandma has bigger guns!

Strahan sucks. Samuels on Umeniora(SP!) will be the deciding factor.

Our QB (s) have gotten preasured a lot on the left side, but I think it's more Kendal then Samuels. Either way, Ossi is a terror, and will cause some problems

Is Todd Wade definitely out for this game?

Heyer as a rookie, is playing as well if not better then wade. Let the kid get his reps.

Jason

Pretty steep learning curve for the kid. Brought in as a left guard, and moved over to right tackle. Given a bit of coaching up, he'll be fine. I think he gets a little lost when in space, but that's fixable. We're asking a lot of somebody who nobody wanted, and overall, he hasn't let us down.

stephon is a undrafted rookie free agent coming off injury that shortant his senior year in college. he's playing at or above the level of players with minimum 4 years NFL experience on this team, he is over achieving in my book :2cents: thank goodness Joe Gibbs started that rookie camp, it allows us to pick up cheap hungry young talent

Amen to that. Stephon is worth his weight in gold right now.

For the record....I've been to three Skins games this year and at each one, Heyer was one of the first guys out warming up...and I noticed during the Detroit game that he continued "warming up" on the sidelines. Guy stood out to me.

I noticed the same thing during the Detroit game. He was also one of the first warming up at Tampa, along with Wade and Fletcher. I wanted to chat with him, but he's very focused, and stayed just far enough on the field to avoid talkin to anybody. It's more then likely a good thing the way he focuses on his job. I caught him walkin off the field before the game, and I did get a big grin when I told him to maul somebody.

I'm very high on him. I've said many times that he'll replace Jansen at some point in the not so far off future. He's got a huge up side, playing at a high level, and doesn't seem to make the same mistakes over and over. He's got good size, and another year of training in the weight room, and we have another RT for a solid six or seven seasons barring injuries.

Archived