Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Directv Card/Receiver/Sunday Ticket Question

The 12th Commandment

My buddy's a steeler fan and he's having a little party at this house today. His game's not on local and I was thinking if I just bring my card to his house and put in his Dtv receiver we should be able to get the ticket. I am missing something? My thought was maybe the cards tied to the receiver but I've never tested it out.

Has anybody done something like this? Worse comes to worse he can the ticket for a day but it's like 45 bucks.

I wonder if this would work? my friend back home in MD who has all the local channels for MD, orders a second receiver. then ships that receiver to me. would that receiver work here in the mid west?

If you have a dish lying around it will...

I wonder if this would work? my friend back home in MD who has all the local channels for MD, orders a second receiver. then ships that receiver to me. would that receiver work here in the mid west?

Not the locals. They are broadcast on spot beam satellites. It will only work around 200 miles from the area served for local fox, abc etc. You will get all the nationals and the local sports station without blackout like Comcast or MASN.

but no skins games then?

Not the locals. They are broadcast on spot beam satellites. It will only work around 200 miles from the area served for local fox, abc etc. You will get all the nationals and the local sports station without blackout like Comcast or MASN.

I believe you can claim it's mobile and get the DC local...unless it's changed.

The DC locals are only available within roughly 200 miles of DC. They are broadcast on spot beam satellites. The signal doesn't exist outside of that area. It is a physical limitation. You can't decode what is not there. The LA and NY locals are nationwide to serve areas without locals.

BTW- I've always wanted to do this, swap a Directtv TiVo receiver with somone in DC. That would save me the cost of MLB ticket.

Of course -I would keep the NFL tickets, So anyone who does this with me would have the NFL sunday ticket in return.

Now - Because this would be against the rules, I would never really do this, but if this is also something you would never do, PM me, and we can talk about how we would never do it....

Archived