Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins Control Their Own Destiny by Monday if...

skins fan1010

1.) Three heavily favored teams merely win:

Jaguars (-10.5) beat Panthers

Cowboys (-10.5) beat Lions

Seahawks (-7) beat cards

AND

2.) We get one upset

Falcons (+3.5) somehow beat the Saints on Monday. No Reggie Bush should help.

If these four things happen this weekend and the Skins win out, the Redskins make the playoffs.

Even if they don't all work out this weekend, there are three more weeks for the teams above to get one more loss. The Vikings aren't included above because the Skins play them in two weeks and the Skins control their destiny with a win in that game. The Eagles are not included above because the Skins own the third tie breaker--conference record.

The most critical game this weekend is Seahawks at home beating the Cards because the Cards schedule is pathetically easy after this game. If Seahawks win, they lock up the division title, so they should be going all out.

HTTR

Until there is a sign saying that the Redskins are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention, I will still believe we have a shot. No matter how difficult the circumstances are.

I really think we have a chance to beat the Giants.

The Minnesota game will be a tossup

We can beat Dallas if they decide to rest most of their regulars

Until there is a sign saying that the Redskins are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention, I will still believe we have a shot. No matter how difficult the circumstances are.

I really think we have a chance to beat the Giants.

The Minnesota game will be a tossup

We can beat Dallas if they decide to rest most of their regulars

Hell even if they start them - we will be playing at HOME for a playoff spot. We kept it very close in Dallas. FedEx will be electric!

having to depend upon the Seattle Seahawks or Atlanta Falcons is not exactly a great position to be in :)

let's not fool ourselves. Todd Collins is not going to play at a rating clip of 124.0 the rest of the way. for the Redskins to win these last three games, all against quality opponents, is going to be a major uphill battle.

having to depend upon the Seattle Seahawks or Atlanta Falcons is not exactly a great position to be in :)

let's not fool ourselves. Todd Collins is not going to play at a rating clip of 124.0 the rest of the way. for the Redskins to win these last three games, all against quality opponents, is going to be a major uphill battle.

I don't think that is the point of the thread.

The point is that it's not as if the Redskins need all of these crazy things to happen AND we need to win out. It's pretty simple....win three games and we're pretty much in the playoffs. At the very least, win the next two and we'll be alive headed into the final weekend.

I don't think anyone thinks it will be easy, and personally, I'll be surprised if we win even two of these games, but as long as we control our own destiny, your darn right I'll be rooting for the competition to lose.

And with LL to give TO hell. We should win this game easily!

Now, let's not go overboard here :)

We had LL in the first Dallas game and TO torched us for four TD's. It would be very beneficial for us for Dallas to be resting starters that day. If we're out of the race by then, then I really don't care. But if we have playoffs on line, I'd ABSOLITELY like to see them rest their starters.

But if we have playoffs on line, I'd ABSOLITELY like to see them rest their starters.

I dont want to ***** foot in the playoffs. If they rest them fine but I want there starters. If we cant win vs there starters in Washington we wouldnt make any noise in the playoffs anyways.

1.) Three heavily favored teams merely win:

Jaguars (-10.5) beat Panthers

Cowboys (-10.5) beat Lions

Seahawks (-7) beat cards

AND

2.) We get one upset

Falcons (+3.5) somehow beat the Saints on Monday. No Reggie Bush should help.

If these four things happen this weekend and the Skins win out, the Redskins make the playoffs.

Even if they don't all work out this weekend, there are three more weeks for the teams above to get one more loss. The Vikings aren't included above because the Skins play them in two weeks and the Skins control their destiny with a win in that game. The Eagles are not included above because the Skins own the third tie breaker--conference record.

The most critical game this weekend is Seahawks at home beating the Cards because the Cards schedule is pathetically easy after this game. If Seahawks win, they lock up the division title, so they should be going all out.

HTTR

I get a real kick from this thread.....the Redskins beat a bad Bears team for their first win in 5 weekks and now they're headed for the play-offs? Come on guys, wake up and smell the coffee. Our season was over 5 weeks ago when we lost, oops....gave that game away to the Eagles.

i personally think if we beat the giants the vikings game will be for the playoff spot....can you say flex scheduling sunday night.

as of now, the Skins-Giants game the week before is scheduled for Sunday night, so I don't know if they'd play then twice in a row. However, I certainly hope that the league changes the schedule because Bucs-49ers is currently the Sunday night game week 16. :laugh: :doh:

You better believe that if Dallas has a chance to knock us out of the playoffs, we will see nothing but their A game. No resting starters.

the Cowboys' hopes in the playoffs are more important to them than doing whatever they can to knock a rival out. However, even if that game means nothing to Dallas, I could see the starters playing three quarters since they would have a bye the next week anyway.

the Cowboys' hopes in the playoffs are more important to them than doing whatever they can to knock a rival out. However, even if that game means nothing to Dallas, I could see the starters playing three quarters since they would have a bye the next week anyway.

cowboys lost to the lions last year inthe last game before they went to the playoffs.. if they have nothing to play for, the last thing they will want is to have one of their starters hurt. we might see about a half of real effort. if they get behind the second half should be a joy to watch.

i think the whole season comes down to the next game. i hope the giants win big this next game because if they do, i dont think anyone can catch them for the number 1 wildcard and they cant win the division. they will still play hard against us and will pressure the hell out of collins. but we wont have to face ward again and if with 10 days to prepare for a giant team that has little real to play for we cant beat them, well, we dont deserve to be in the playoffs..

they simply have to play the giant game as if it is the first round of the playoffs. if we win on the road, i think we will beat both minnesota and dallas... but first things first... we beat the jets at the meadowlands, so maybe gibbs is finally shedding his meadowland curse ??

i think the whole season comes down to the next game. i hope the giants win big this next game because if they do, i dont think anyone can catch them for the number 1 wildcard and they cant win the division.

well, if the Giants beat the Eagles, then the Cowboys would need a win over the Lions to clinch the division. So if you want the Giants to be pretty much locked into the #5 spot at the end of Sunday, I guess you'll be a Cowboys fan this week, huh? :D

I think us beating the giants would be the toughest, next to falcons beating the saints.

good thing is that monday night games are usually evened up as both teams play better, especially the underdog, so lets go falcons!

The Saints/Falcons rivalry has been quietly playing under the radar. Believe it or not, it's just as heated b/w these 2 teams just as much as the Boys/Skins have over many years-the difference being the latter gets the publicity.

Pt being that Reggie Bush or no, it'll probably go down to the wire, like any Saints/Falcons game, on Mon Night. They've played nailbiters every year since I've started following this team.:2cents:

The Saints/Falcons rivalry has been quietly playing under the radar. Believe it or not, it's just as heated b/w these 2 teams just as much as the Boys/Skins have over many years-the difference being the latter gets the publicity.

Pt being that Reggie Bush or no, it'll probably go down to the wire, like any Saints/Falcons game, on Mon Night. They've played nailbiters every year since I've started following this team.:2cents:

All 1 1/2 years ;)

I get a real kick from this thread.....the Redskins beat a bad Bears team for their first win in 5 weekks and now they're headed for the play-offs? Come on guys, wake up and smell the coffee. Our season was over 5 weeks ago when we lost, oops....gave that game away to the Eagles.

Our season was over when we dropped to 5-4??? :doh:

Archived