Extremeskins

This just in: Aikman praises Cowboys

tr1

Will Todd Collins be our Jeff Garcia  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Will Todd Collins be our Jeff Garcia

• Yes
    • No

IMO one of the most important jobs of an announcer at a national level is being unbiased. For the first time in his short and excellent career, Aikman is stepping over this line.:2cents:

Are you basing your statement of Aikman's bias on his offer to help Romo sits to pee any way that he could? I would imagine the vast majority of players would help their past teams if asked. I personally don't expect ex-players who work for the networks to disavow themselves from their past teams. However, I do expect them to limit their bias in making comments about their previous teams. Emmitt and Michael are the blatant homers when it comes to ex-cowboys. Their homerism would bother me if I wasn't a Cowboy fan.

I'm curious about what particular comments Aikman has said that you consider are unfairly biased towards the Cowboys. I believe the majority of NFL analysts would agree with his statement in the attached article stating the Cowboys would have the best chance in the SB vs the AFC.

Until the mid point of this season Aikman rarely showed homeristic tendencies. I've always admired him for this as well as his all around talent in the booth.

I understand why the homer in him bleeds through but I don't like it. Regardless of team, I do not enjoy listening to announcers (yes including JT) who push their team loyalties.

IMO one of the most important jobs of an announcer at a national level is being unbiased. For the first time in his short and excellent career, Aikman is stepping over this line.:2cents:

As long as Aikman calls the games in the booth as he has been doing in his broadcasting career, I don't see a problem with Aikman giving kudos to the Cowboys for their success this season.

Good question. But give him a pat on the head for working so hard in digging up reasons for discrediting the Cowboys. He provides a valuable service to ATN.

Wait, wait! I know....

Class dunce?

Village idiot??

Just kidding! This place wouldn't be the same without TR1 and Bubba!:D:D

Just because you are offering your help to Tony Romo sits to pee answering any questions of his doesn't mean you actually are...any how many former players help our other former players. McNabb offers advice and answers to Campbell, so does McNair, and they are current players. It's just people helping others out. I don't see what it has to do with a broadcast. No announcer is objective out there, you get to listen to John Madden verbally masturbate to both Tony Romo sits to pee and Brett Favre every time he calls a single game. He doesn't let his opinion on the guys go as a secret, that isn't objective...

I've never watched a game where Troy Aikman is out to say every negative thing about the skins or eagles or giants he can...it isn't like he's Darryl Johnston (who is an annoying homer) he calls things as he sees them. No announcer is purely objective...did you hear the tone of anger in Bryant Gumbel (Bears fan) as the Redskins intercepted passes and scored touchdowns? I'm sure Aikman has a favorite team..in fact I think its the 49ers or something...he played for the Cowboys and had success with them for years so he feels tied to the organization, understandably. I'm sure the Redskins weren't the favorite team of Theismann, Riggins, Jurgensen, Huff, etc. but they have remained tied to the organization that made an impact on their lives. If Riggins had a few words for Portis, I don't think it would make his radio show biased. If Theismann or Jurgensen had words for Campbell, I don't think it would make them biased either.

Troy Aikman is a good and fair announcer. He calls things as he sees it. Is he biased in favor of the skins because Clinton Portis is his favorite player in the NFL? No.

Aikman is the best analyst in the business bar none. he is unbiased and fair which is why this thread is bombing so badly

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BDF, this is the funniest post by you yet.

Homer is as Homer does.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Are you basing your statement of Aikman's bias on his offer to help Romo sits to pee any way that he could? I would imagine the vast majority of players would help their past teams if asked. I personally don't expect ex-players who work for the networks to disavow themselves from their past teams. However, I do expect them to limit their bias in making comments about their previous teams. Emmitt and Michael are the blatant homers when it comes to ex-cowboys. Their homerism would bother me if I wasn't a Cowboy fan.

I'm curious about what particular comments Aikman has said that you consider are unfairly biased towards the Cowboys. I believe the majority of NFL analysts would agree with his statement in the attached article stating the Cowboys would have the best chance in the SB vs the AFC.

I have no problem with Aikman working with Romo sits to pee. Actually I admire him for it.

There were no comments in the article that were unbiased and as previously stated I find Aikman to be one of the best announcers in the business.

I understand when slips of homerism come out during his announcing of a Cowboy game but here-in-lies my issue. I don't like watching games (any sport) where the announcer is a former player of that team. I blame this on growing up being forced to listen to Phil Rizzuto doing Yankee games.:puke:

Yes I know he is considered part of the networks number one team and the Cowboys are doing well but I'd rather not see him doing Cowboy games. There are plenty of other games for Troy and other good announcing teams that can handle the Cowboy duties. Heck, it wouldn't bother me if he did 17 of the 19 Redskin games next year!

:doh:

No seriously, when were they? Redskins had a 3 point lead in the first half off a turnover.. 10-7 and 19 more yards the Redskins had.. I wouldn't really call that being "outplayed". Maybe on the same terms the Colts, Eagles, and Ravens "outplayed" the Patriots because we're use to them winning big, yes? But if that as any other game, I'm fairly certain you would say "The two tames are playing pretty even." But, wait.. you are the biggest homer I've ever seen, so maybe you wouldn't..

Aikman shouldn't be doing puke games.

It's just that simple.

http://blog.dallascowboys.com/forums/t/29850.aspx

Seems as though a bunch of puke fans think he's faking his objectivity to save his job.

Funny how some of us can see through his ploy.

He's not a news reporter, he's a football commentator. Everybody knows he used to play for the Cowboys, but he makes every attempt to see both sides of a game even when the Cowboys are playing. That's what counts.

Aikman shouldn't be doing puke games.

It's just that simple.

http://blog.dallascowboys.com/forums/t/29850.aspx

Seems as though a bunch of puke fans think he's faking his objectivity to save his job.

Funny how some of us can see through his ploy.

actually it's not. He's on the number one broadcast team and they get whatever FOX dubbs as the weeks' biggest game. It has just worked out that the Cowboys have been Fox's feature game quite often so far this season because of the fact that they are doing really well and, as a result, he has been doing a lot of their games. You are a business man yourself, don't you think it behooves Fox to have their marquee team announcing marquee games? These aren't presidential elections he is covering, they are football games, and if this thread is any indication of the general sentiment among football fans in North America, your opinion is in the minority.

I never liked Theisman doing a Skins game...it's impossible for former players to be objective about their former team...especially if they retired recently from that team...

And, quite frankly, it's easy to see why puke fans think Aikman is objective when it comes to the pukes. He's bubbling, enthusiastic about them...just like puke fans are...

I never liked Theisman doing a Skins game...it's impossible for former players to be objective about their former team...especially if they retired recently from that team...

And, quite frankly, it's easy to see why puke fans think Aikman is objective when it comes to the pukes. He's bubbling, enthusiastic about them...just like puke fans are...

If I was a Redskin fan I wouldn't like seeing Theismann do any games, he consistently spouted forth malapropisms - his "Norman Einstein" quote is my favourite though....

In terms of Aikman and the Cowboys this year, I can't imagine an objective analyst having anything positive to say about a team that is 11-1, he must be a homer.

I got your back on this one tr1. First off, how in the hell can you say the Pukes give the Pats a challenge when the Pats stomped their asses IN DALLASS?

How can Aikman give anyone advice when he still suffers from the concussions he suffered. And thats NOT me being a jerk, he has come out and says he gets migraines and still has side effects. Aikman is just all talk.

Third off, you dumb puke fans, of COURSE we are going to hate Aikman. For starters every game he has commentated for the Skins this year we have lost.

I think it is funny that you guys walk into enemy territory in the middle of a war and demand mercy. There is no quarter being shown here. Deal with it or move along.

I have no problem with Aikman working with Romo sits to pee. Actually I admire him for it.

There were no comments in the article that were unbiased and as previously stated I find Aikman to be one of the best announcers in the business.

I understand when slips of homerism come out during his announcing of a Cowboy game but here-in-lies my issue. I don't like watching games (any sport) where the announcer is a former player of that team. I blame this on growing up being forced to listen to Phil Rizzuto doing Yankee games.:puke:

Yes I know he is considered part of the networks number one team and the Cowboys are doing well but I'd rather not see him doing Cowboy games. There are plenty of other games for Troy and other good announcing teams that can handle the Cowboy duties. Heck, it wouldn't bother me if he did 17 of the 19 Redskin games next year!

quoted for truth.

I got your back on this one tr1. First off, how in the hell can you say the Pukes give the Pats a challenge when the Pats stomped their asses IN DALLASS?

You really didn't watch that game did you? Do you realize that the Cowboys were leading late in the third quarter? After that the Cowboys started making some stupid penalties that was nobodies cause but their own. When a team is considered possibly the "Greatest team of ALL-Time," and they are loosing late in the third quarter, then yeah, I'd say that team gave the Pats a challenge. :doh:

BTW, that is really adult of you to put an extra "s" on the end of Dallas. What are you 7 or something? You must feel really big and bad...

Some things never change. Have you ever been to a team's message board and read a thread about how fair and objective the media is?

No of course not. The reality is most fans think the media is biased against them.

On the Redskin board I am reading that Troy is biased. On the Cowboys board it's Troy is a hater and jealous.

I think people just like to whine.

How can Aikman give anyone advice when he still suffers from the concussions he suffered. And thats NOT me being a jerk, he has come out and says he gets migraines and still has side effects. Aikman is just all talk.

Third off, you dumb puke fans, of COURSE we are going to hate Aikman. For starters every game he has commentated for the Skins this year we have lost.

I think it is funny that you guys walk into enemy territory in the middle of a war and demand mercy. There is no quarter being shown here. Deal with it or move along.

Wow! Shouldn't you be at practice Kellen?

You really didn't watch that game did you? Do you realize that the Cowboys were leading late in the third quarter? After that the Cowboys started making some stupid penalties that was nobodies cause but their own. When a team is considered possibly the "Greatest team of ALL-Time," and they are loosing late in the third quarter, then yeah, I'd say that team gave the Pats a challenge. :doh:

BTW, that is really adult of you to put an extra "s" on the end of Dallas. What are you 7 or something? You must feel really big and bad...

Speaking of Troy Aikman, I think he said it best the other day when he stated that the Patriots are the best team in football, but they are not going to beat the Cowboys 10 out of 10 games, more like 6 or 7 out of 10. I think that sums it up nicely.

Archived