Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

..::Poll::.. Health care and the movie sicko.

Destino

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I agree. However, don't you think Healthcare would be an industry where profits SHOULD be less important than paying claims and honoring written policies?

I'm all for earning a large dollar, but some of these Health Insurance companies really tilt my moral compass. Greed is NOT good in this case, IMO.

Sorry but if I'm a stock holder of a company in any of these "public interest" industries, I still expect the company to make profit the foremost objective. Remember, I WORK in one of these industries (electric co). I would like to see them be more upfront about what they will and won't cover or do, but so far as I'm concerned the FIRST priority of any private company should be PROFITS.

I do understand the Darwin approach, but at the same time what if it was someone close to you?

I've long been an advocate of the idea that once a person cannot add anything to society, it's time for them to LEAVE society; unless they have some private way of dealing with their expenses (personal fortune, private charities, etc...). Regardless of whether it's a friend/family member of mine or not. Hell, regardless of whether it's ME or not.

Because the food system hasn't failed people. Their isn't an increasing number of people that can't afford to eat every year because of rising prices. Stores aren't going out of busines because people that can't afford food insurance have to come in starving at the last minute get food at 10 times the prices they can't pay for.

I don't understand why this is so hard for you. You don't want the government to pay - where do you think the costs of emergency room care that the uninsured use and can't afford goes? You think hospitals forgive it?

The healthcare industry is FAILING that's the damn difference.

Yes you are right in that we pay for those who can't afford to. But why should government pay for everyone get healthcoverage?? I've gone over it before, but since you force my hand.

The only reason, people can't afford healthcare is for the most part their fault. All the latte's, and 200 channels of cable or satallite tv, or that big car payment when they should have gotten something they could afford that would get the job done instead, or a checklist of other things they CHOOSE over getting healthcoverage.

My point is, all the extra spending on things that are less important than healthcare are being put above getting healthcare.

So with that said, should we provide healthcare for those truely poor who can't afford it, sure, but for everyone, no

Yes you are right in that we pay for those who can't afford to. But why should government pay for everyone get healthcoverage?? I've gone over it before, but since you force my hand.

The only reason, people can't afford healthcare is for the most part their fault. All the latte's, and 200 channels of cable or satallite tv, or that big car payment when they should have gotten something they could afford that would get the job done instead, or a checklist of other things they CHOOSE over getting healthcoverage.

My point is, all the extra spending on things that are less important than healthcare are being put above getting healthcare.

So with that said, should we provide healthcare for those truely poor who can't afford it, sure, but for everyone, no

You make good points about this. I agree that people need to prioritize their spending and be responsible but I absolutely think everyone deserves very affordable healthcare, regardless of their financial situation.

You make good points about this. I agree that people need to prioritize their spending and be responsible but I absolutely think everyone deserves very affordable healthcare, regardless of their financial situation.

You hit the nail on the head. We need AFFORDABLE health care. Universal health coverage will not provide that. The prices will go up for everything and care will go down.

The problem is the system. People should be taken care of. The system is out of control from the pharma's creating all this crap, the researchers not curing anything, insurance companies not wanting to pay their share, doctors charging premiums because they can.

Charging all that corrupt crap to the government won't fix it. It will just put us ALL deeper in debt.

I have to stop you here, what do you consider affordable?? Cause I don't know about you but for most singles it would cost around $160 a month and maybe alittle over $200 maybe less for a family. With all things considered, I thinks is affordable.

I have to stop you here, what do you consider affordable?? Cause I don't know about you but for most singles it would cost around $160 a month and maybe alittle over $200 maybe less for a family. With all things considered, I thinks is affordable.

I wonder what tune you would be singing if someone you loved was in need of medical attention, yet could not afford it, and passed away. Im sure your position would change

Archived