Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would the Skins still have won with Campbell?

USS Redskins

Fired up from the win and wondering. If JC would've continued playing - would the Skins have pulled that one off?

Collings played great but made at least 3 critical plays on their final series, the 3rd down conversionsn and the TD to Betts. Recent history says Campbell would have thrown picks to end the drive but what do you think?

I dont mean this to knock JC. He is young and still learning and I feel bad for him that he was hurt so bad. I do think he shows allot of promise but I have to say, it feels good to get a win!

I think we would have won with Campbell.

He had 100 yds already and that was with 2 big drops.

I like TC #15 as much as the next guy, but there is a reason he hasnt started a game since 1997. I was so happy for him last night.

And how about Sean Springs? Thats who won us the game. Sure he gave up a close TD, but those two pickles swung momentum.

I don't think so. Collins was much quicker in his reads and 10x quicker with his release. His throwing motion is so compact that the defensive lineman couldn't even get near him.

I think we loose. Not because of Campbell. Sometimes when you are

in a rut you just need a change. We should have had at least six

more points off just the missed FG's alone.

Collins played great and I give him a lot of credit. His throw

is so weak that it seemed like I could literally count the seconds

till the ball hit the target. He needs to put some more zip on his

passes or I see a lot of interceptions in our future.

No. We lose.

No way Jason makes that touchdown to Betts. It was a quick touch throw that allowed Betts to RAC and score. JC wouldn't have made the read fast enough or had the touch to put the ball there.

We have plenty of tape this year to show that JC does not make those kinds of plays in the redzone.

If the same calls were called for Jason, we win the game by an extra score.

First off, you have no idea that the calls were any different. They very well could be exact same calls but with different results because you see what happens when you get a QB with a quick read and quick release and the touch to WRs in stride. JC NEVER gets rid of the ball quickly.

But even assuming you were correct that the play-calling was more "opened-up" or what BS is being thrown out there as an excuse for JC, you have to answer the question: "why did the coaches feel they could call those plays for TC and not Jason?" There's an answer, and its not good for JC.

I don't think so. Collins was much quicker in his reads and 10x quicker with his release. His throwing motion is so compact that the defensive lineman couldn't even get near him.

JC's wind up throwing motion is too slow. Therefore DB's are able to read where he is going to throw the ball. I didnt want to see JC go out like that but I'm glad TC was able to put the game away.

There's an answer, and its not good for JC.

The answer is simple if you know anything about your head coach. JJG has a thing for older QB's. He's NEVER in his coaching career trusted young QB's, not to mention young rookie Quarterbacks. This has been proven time and time again.

I hate to say it, if JC doesn't get hurt, the coaches on into conservative mode to try and limit his mistakes which have cost us BIG time this year (Dallas, TB, Buffalo, etc). Al Saunders has a lot of faith in TC and I think you saw that last night, they put the ball in TC's hands and he came through and sealed up the game. It was good to see the way they finished out.

JC is going to be be good (he is already good but will be better), but, he is still young.

Place the kudos where they belong - Shawn Springs

Springs intercepts changed the momentum - Todd stepped in and did what everyone else on the field was trying to get done - have some "fun" and fortunately NO ONE dropped the ball. Don't know how, with the cold weather, but they didn't.

But Springs, Smoots and Landry - as well as the "O" and "D" played with a TEAM winning "possession" we haven't seen in a month.........

But, yes, they would have won with Jason.:2cents:

JC's wind up throwing motion is too slow. Therefore DB's are able to read where he is going to throw the ball. I didnt want to see JC go out like that but I'm glad TC was able to put the game away.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think JC is made for this type of quick-hit, timing offense. He needs to shorten his motion and quicken his release before he can really take off in it.

I'll reverse it. Just think what Jason may be able to learn from watching Todd run this offense. I believe he would have been much better next year anyway simply due to experience, but getting to see how this offense is meant to operate may be really helpful to the young man.

I think we loose. Not because of Campbell. Sometimes when you are

in a rut you just need a change. We should have had at least six

more points off just the missed FG's alone.

Collins played great and I give him a lot of credit. His throw

is so weak that it seemed like I could literally count the seconds

till the ball hit the target. He needs to put some more zip on his

passes or I see a lot of interceptions in our future.

I'm glad you saw this too. Collins is now referred to as old noodle arm. The throws he executed were all thrown to backs out the backfield or mid crossing patterns that were so slow a good defense would tear apart(the bears are not). He completed the crossing patterns because he had time to throw the football! If Cambell gets that much time he makes the same plays. He's been doing it all year. Collins got help from the O-line,Portis,Betts and the defense. If Cambell gets that effort we win no doubt about it!

No. We lose.

No way Jason makes that touchdown to Betts. It was a quick touch throw that allowed Betts to RAC and score. JC wouldn't have made the read fast enough or had the touch to put the ball there.

We have plenty of tape this year to show that JC does not make those kinds of plays in the redzone.

First off, you have no idea that the calls were any different. They very well could be exact same calls but with different results because you see what happens when you get a QB with a quick read and quick release and the touch to WRs in stride. JC NEVER gets rid of the ball quickly.

But even assuming you were correct that the play-calling was more "opened-up" or what BS is being thrown out there as an excuse for JC, you have to answer the question: "why did the coaches feel they could call those plays for TC and not Jason?" There's an answer, and its not good for JC.

There are also about a half dozen passes that JC routinely makes

that TC could not. JC did not get good protection. It is as simple

as that. If TC had been in and the O-line played the same way it

would have been the same result. We will know if TC is for real

next week when they play the Giants, until then we are just

guessing.

JC did not get good protection. It is as simple as that. If TC had

been in and the O-line played the same way it would have been the

same result.

So you don't think the quick decisions and quick release displayed in the second half make the protection better?

You guys can't possibly believe that when TC went into the games that the OL started blocking better or trying more... or that the WRs finally decided to catch the ball instead of dropping it.

What amount of cognitive dissonance would be required to actually believe that garbage?

TC is good at everything that JC is bad at: quick and good read of the defense, quick release, touch. The results are evident.

This does not mean that TC is the answer; he is cleary NOT the answer. It doesn't mean he is the future or will be a top QB the rest of the season; he won't be.

What it means is that JC is not the answer. Our offense looked the best it has looked all season with a middling 36 year old career backup at the helm. The only variable that changed was the QB. The results are undeniable. Yes, JC shows flashes of brilliance and god-like athletic ability/arm, but he is slow reading, has horrible accuracy, and chokes. That has been holding us back.

Just imagine what could happen if we had a really good young QB in here? The one we have is apparently worse than an old 36 year old career backup.

So you don't think the quick decisions and quick release displayed in the second half make the protection better?

I saw the O-line play a LOT better and give him time to throw the ball.

I saw him loose the ball when he got pressured just like JC. I will

say he played better in the redzone then JC. I also say you cannot

judge him as a QB based on one half of a game and that all of this

comparison talk is nonesense at this point. How about letting him

play one FULL game first.

Archived