Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would the Skins still have won with Campbell?

USS Redskins

I like TC #15 as much as the next guy, but there is a reason he hasnt started a game since 1997. I was so happy for him last night.

maybe that reason is trent green and jason campbell...i dunno but the dude was our best qb through preseason and played lights out last night.

I don't think so. Collins was much quicker in his reads and 10x quicker with his release. His throwing motion is so compact that the defensive lineman couldn't even get near him.

I agree. With Campbell, he needs to wind up and throw. I think that is why he has a lot of turnovers. He is easy to read.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think JC is made for this type of quick-hit, timing offense. He needs to shorten his motion and quicken his release before he can really take off in it.

Hes been in the league 3 yrs. If he hasnt fixed his motion by now he will never fix it. The problem should have been corrected in high school.

I saw the O-line play a LOT better and give him time to throw the ball.

LOL. Yeah, sure. The O-line suddenly decided to quit screwing around and play hard once TC entered the game. It's not because TC read the D quicker, set up quicker, and releaseed it quicker....

You can't possibly be this clueless...

I saw him loose the ball when he got pressured just like JC. I will

say he played better in the redzone then JC. I also say you cannot

judge him as a QB based on one half of a game and that all of this

comparison talk is nonesense at this point. How about letting him

play one FULL game first.

I'm not annointing him as the season savior or the future...but it's undeniable that this passing offense looked more crisp in one half under TC than it's pretty much looked all year.

You guys can't possibly believe that when TC went into the games that the OL started blocking better or trying more... or that the WRs finally decided to catch the ball instead of dropping it.

What amount of cognitive dissonance would be required to actually believe that garbage?

TC is good at everything that JC is bad at: quick and good read of the defense, quick release, touch. The results are evident.

This does not mean that TC is the answer; he is cleary NOT the answer. It doesn't mean he is the future or will be a top QB the rest of the season; he won't be.

What it means is that JC is not the answer. Our offense looked the best it has looked all season with a middling 36 year old career backup at the helm. The only variable that changed was the QB. The results are undeniable. Yes, JC shows flashes of brilliance and god-like athletic ability/arm, but he is slow reading, has horrible accuracy, and chokes. That has been holding us back.

Just imagine what could happen if we had a really good young QB in here? The one we have is apparently worse than an old 36 year old career backup.

Yeah, why don't we just release our best potential franchise QB in the

last decade and start over...NOT.

You know he has tons of talent and you know he is young. You work

on his weaknesses and build from there.

And yes, the OL did start blocking better in the second half...and yes

the WRs did catch more passes. That is a fact.

well this is my take. i think the play calling may have changed for TC because he's been in the same system for what.....5-6 years or so. JC has been in it for 20 starts. now i know Todd Collins hasn't been starting, but being in the same offense for that long, you must know what you're doing. so i feel they were more comfortable with calling certain plays with Collins in that game. another thing was they didn't go conservative either, which is what they do with Campbell.

like someone said earlier...collins has been a backup qb all these years for a reason. how many times have we seen the backup come in and have a spectacular game when the starter goes down. look at feeley this year for example. excellent game against pats. came back the next day and threw 4 ints. now i'm a michigan fan so i'm not coming down on collins by any means...but campbell is where it's at.

does anyone realize the only place campbell gets bashed is by redskins fans. thats because the pro's know that he'll be good in the future. 20 starts people......thats all he's had. 20.

I saw him loose the ball when he got pressured just like JC. I will

say he played better in the redzone then JC. I also say you cannot

judge him as a QB based on one half of a game and that all of this

comparison talk is nonesense at this point. How about letting him

play one FULL game first.

They had the same amount of time to throw. JC holds the ball too long. A lot of the hits he takes are on him.

Buffalo game when they were in the redzone and JC rolled out on 3rd down, there was nothing there and he just held it and let the DE came up and slam him into the ground. I'm sitting there yelling THROW IT AWAY at my TV.

LOL. Yeah, sure. The O-line suddenly decided to quit screwing around and play hard once TC entered the game. It's not because TC read the D quicker, set up quicker, and releaseed it quicker....

No but apparently you can.

well this is my take. i think the play calling may have changed for TC because he's been in the same system for what.....5-6 years or so. JC has been in it for 20 starts. now i know Todd Collins hasn't been starting, but being in the same offense for that long, you must know what you're doing. so i feel they were more comfortable with calling certain plays with Collins in that game. another thing was they didn't go conservative either, which is what they do with Campbell.

like someone said earlier...collins has been a backup qb all these years for a reason. how many times have we seen the backup come in and have a spectacular game when the starter goes down. look at feeley this year for example. excellent game against pats. came back the next day and threw 4 ints. now i'm a michigan fan so i'm not coming down on collins by any means...but campbell is where it's at.

does anyone realize the only place campbell gets bashed is by redskins fans. thats because the pro's know that he'll be good in the future. 20 starts people......thats all he's had. 20.

:applause:

I think we do.

A lot here want to heap praise on TC like all of a sudden now HE'S the answer. When Jason was in, it was early, and the Bears defense was fresh. They were bringing heat on every down. JC had his hands full.

Later in the game, they naturally started weakening like all defenses do, and TC had less to deal with.

Not saying he didn't play well, or that I don't appreciate his effort, but if TC had started this game, I think you would have seen him on his back early a lot more than you think.

My main concern now is if TC continues to do well, and we keep winning, (which of course I'm all for), what its going to do to JC's confidence with everyone here clammering to get aboard the TC express.

How anyone can say with a straight face they want another grandfather QB to replace who EVERYONE in the media agrees is a jewel of a young quarterback, is stunning to me.

I guess winning is important enough to throw out your common sense.

And comments like "Campbell getting hurt is the best thing that could have happened to us" make me wonder yet again what the hell I'm even doing here.

How anyone can say with a straight face they want another grandfather QB to replace who EVERYONE in the media agrees is a jewel of a young quarterback, is stunning to me.

I guess winning is important enough to throw out your common sense.

I feel so much better knowing the media thinks jason is a jewel of a qb. The problem is jason hasnt shown anything to represent anything more than an average qb.

Winning is the main thing. I will take whoever gives the redskins the best chance to win. If it turns out to be collins, I would have no problems with that. :2cents:

TC threaded the needle with several of those throws.....don't know if JC has that veteran touch yet

Huh? Collins doesn't have the arm to thread the needle into anything over 10 yards away. Most of his throws were short and they STILL seemed to take forever to get there. He made smart decisions but that comes with experience. He is like 80 years old so he should have enough experience to do that.

You can't possibly be this clueless. The O-line did block better for Collins, only because he is a pure pocket passer. They never had to worry about him scrambling like they do with JC. Its much easier for a lineman to block with a QB who can't move. But with a QB that can't move, if the lineman do get beat the play is over. Take your pick. I'd rather have a strong armed young gun who can make things happen with his feet when needed. The accuracy and quick reads come with experience in an offense. TC has been playing in this offense for years. I'd hope he'd know to check down to Betts quick.

Huh? Collins doesn't have the arm to thread the needle into anything over 10 yards away. Most of his throws were short and they STILL seemed to take forever to get there. He made smart decisions but that comes with experience. He is like 80 years old so he should have enough experience to do that.

Please. :doh: He threw the ball down the field with great accuracy and touch. I dont see where the idea comes from that because a qb has a strong arm, that automatically makes him good. Sure, Jason has a strong arm and along with that he has terrible accuracy among other problems. Who cares how strong a qbs arm is? If he cant throw an accurate pass it means nothing :2cents:

It's hard to really say... based on JC's late game performances lately, I'm not so sure.

Collins really did a great job coming off the bench... it's amazing how prepared he was considering he hasn't taken a snap in 3 years or so. We'll see how he does as a starter next week - I'm actually pretty optimistic he can hold down the fort until JC returns (if he does return).

No. I sure seen the difference between Collins and Campbell in the preseason and now. JC= Cromagnon man. Got the tools but not the brain. Just look at him.

You know, I'm white, and even I'm starting to wonder if JC's shade is resented around here.

I'm still a campbell believer but TC was clearly seeing the field on a much different level than campbell has to this point... it's just a matter of experience and I'm hoping campbell will develop that but it was the same protection, same playcalling and TC had no hesitation on where the ball needed to go... his arm strength scared me, as a lot of those passes took their time to get there and could be picked off by a better secondary (two rookies in the bears backfield last night), but he knows the system and knows how to throw the ball in it without someone already being open...

campbell is still waiting for a guy to be clearly open before he's throwing it, and that's why he's lagging in the pocket too long, getting hit and fumbling...

like I said, I'm still very high on campbell and believe he is going through common growing pains, but TC did show a different side to the system last night... something brunell nor campbell had consistently been able to do...

Archived