Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To Mercury Morris and the rest of the 1972 Dolphins: STFU (merged)

Spaceman Spiff

I have a hierarchy of who to root for. I rooted for the Giants against the Bucs because I thought they had a better chance of beating Dallass. I was right. I rooted for the Giants against Dallass, but turned to Green Bay in the NFCC game. I generally root against our fellow NFC East foes no matter what. I rooted for Buffalo twice against Dallas, Pittsburgh in SB 30, the Pats in SB 39 and the Ravens in SB 34. But that's just me.

Same here. Rooted for the Packers against the Giants in the NFCC. I don't know, maybe part of me was glad the way the Giants knocked off the Cowboys in their stadium after they wanted to rest up on the last game of the season against us. I thought it was funny so I didn't harbor that much :mad: against the Giants this time around when they got into the SB. As much as I hated the Steelers in the '70's I ALWAYS rooted for them when they played the Cowboys in the SB (including the last one). Degree of hate I guess, mixed in with who's the underdog. I rooted for the Patriots and won an office pool their first go around against the Rams. But I only rooted for them because I wanted to see an upset. Same with the Broncos when they played the Packers. No one was giving them a chance and I told people at work on Friday that there's going to be an upset this weekend. They just :laugh:

I have a hierarchy of who to root for. I rooted for the Giants against the Bucs because I thought they had a better chance of beating Dallass. I was right. I rooted for the Giants against Dallass, but turned to Green Bay in the NFCC game. I generally root against our fellow NFC East foes no matter what. I rooted for Buffalo twice against Dallas, Pittsburgh in SB 30, the Pats in SB 39 and the Ravens in SB 34. But that's just me.
I work like that, too. :)

And I have no love or hate for the Pats. I respect their success and talent and organization all the across the board. And as far as the all the cheating stuff goes, well I still find it hard to believe that any of the people so fiercely posting on it know enough details to know how meaningful any info gathered was, or how close methods were to what is acceptable, or what portion was NE strategists thinking they were just being "sly", or how many others are doing similar things, versus what was flat-out blatant and knowing violations that yielded really important info used in affecting the outcome of a game. I think few folks posting on it have researched those matters.

And yes, "cheating is cheating" and is wrong and should be (and was) severely penalized--just to pre-empt that insightful reply. :D I still think the indignation is just as likely the product of emotional dislike or resentment for other reasons that fuel the fire to find any smudge in the Patriot's shine rather than sincere and informed protest based on high standards of personal principle. Like I said and stand by, I can just imagine if it was The Redskins, how everyone would be minimizing, justifying, dismissing, and counter-attacking over the same stuff--not everyone, just 90%.

Now had NE been playing the Saints this year, I would have favored NO for deserving some good for the city over my grudge against the irritating 72 Dolphins--a grudge that isn’t even as much from the loss as from the way much of that team has acted every year since.

Archived