Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis limited for Thursday night vs Chi?

Zzj

http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/7525534

Didn't see this posted anywhere. You'll have to scroll to the end of the first 3rd of the article to see it, but Harmon says, "Washington running back Clinton Portis sustained a leg injury in the fourth quarter of Sunday's loss to Buffalo. He's day-to-day with the injury, but it may portend to a larger role for backup Ladell Betts this week against Chicago because of the short week ahead of the Thursday game."

Anyone else find a corroborating source for this?

More and more coaches are believing that RB is a disposable postion.

Plug anyone in and they can run.

Look at Denver

Look at Tampa bay

Look at Buffalo

And Green Bay

New York Giants

Chicago

Kansas City

All those teams have RB's that they never really intended to start.

5% of runnning backs have that "IT". The LT it. The Westbrook it.

The rest are just good athletes.

I was thinking the same thing about Portis

so you were thinking about trading away the 8th leading rusher in the league who has been running behind a make shift line desimated by injuries with a young qb who defenses still try to put the game in his hands to mess up and who also happens to be arguably the best blocking tailback in the league...in what???...in hopes that betts can do nothing better except be older?

More and more coaches are believing that RB is a disposable postion.

Plug anyone in and they can run.

Look at Denver

Look at Tampa bay

Look at Buffalo

And Green Bay

New York Giants

Chicago

Kansas City

All those teams have RB's that they never really intended to start.

5% of runnning backs have that "IT". The LT it. The Westbrook it.

The rest are just good athletes.

no look at the offensive lines of those teams you just named and compare them to the make shift o-line we have had this year...they all have much better lines, except maybe tampa.

i cant wait til betts starts.

either hes gonna have a good game, and we'll have 800 threads about how hes so incredible.

or he'll fumble the game away, and we'll have 800 threads about how bad he really is.

either way, betts always equals controversy.

Do you think Betts can find imaginary holes to run through? I haven't seen any running room for CP most of this year. I just don't see how betts could be better.

We need to trade this guy ASAP.

Who cares how good he might be if ever healthy again?

Behind an injured line......he isn't worth $1 million, let alone $8 million.

Obviously the line is a bigger priority.

If Gibbs can think clearly for even a minute, he should start Betts.....and see if he can carry the load at 1/5th the price of Portis.

If he can't.....we need a new running back. If he can....we don't need one.

So damn easy for anyone with a brain to see.....except our coaching staff.

If Gibbs can think clearly for even a minute, he should start Betts.....and see if he can carry the load at 1/5th the price of Portis.

behind an injured line this year betts has proven that he's only worth a nickle.

we've already seen that betts cannot carry the load...see NY Giants game Week 3....why am i replying to a McD5 post?

behind an injured line this year betts has proven that he's only worth a nickle.

we've already seen that betts cannot carry the load...see NY Giants game Week 3....why am i replying to a McD5 post?

Fantastic. So lets say Betts sucks. Which you know he doesn't, but let's say he does.

It doesn't matter what we pay Portis....he obviously can't get anything done either, is often injured, and likes to fumble and drop passes.

Save the 8 million and buy a line......then, according to many here, any loser can run through huge holes.

It isn't brain surgery........take the money saved on Portis.....and get a line.

:applause:

Anyone with a brain can see Portis is doing pretty damn good considering the non-existent running lanes most of the times he gets the ball handed to him. He is also a great blocker and he still has a burst Betts could only hope to have. While Portis gets 2 or 3 yards on a busted play, Betts simply goes down.

This is just ridiculous talk anyway. We need Portis and I am sure they will restructure his contract anyway. Get over it. With a healthy line, Portis runs for 1,400 - 1,500 yards.

no its not; trade them both and sign michael turner. half the money of portis, and probably the same if not slightly better production.

That's what I was thinking too. I'm not one of the people on here always wanting to trade Portis or fire Campbell or whatever either. Seems like a logical move IMO.

We could even get some draft picks out of it too.

Archived