Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

That Was For Sean Taylor!

Brave New World

I think thats a bit of a leap that all the Ravens played so well just for Sean. Maybe they played so well because of pride. Im not sure we should connect everything that happens this week to Sean.

Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Willis Mcgahee. Probably their three best players played their heart out.

Oh and my friend told me before the game that Ray Lewis gathered all players from the U and said this one is for Sean.

Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Willis Mcgahee. Probably their three best players played their heart out.

Oh and my friend told me before the game that Ray Lewis gathered all players from the U and said this one is for Sean.

I still think youre over-simplifying things. while those three guys are probably their best players, youre ignoring the involvment and commitment of the other 49 players.

You must have missed the pregame huddle with Ray Lewis. This game was about pride and losing a brother they couldn't attend his funeral due to weather problems so instead they play there ass off and to me they beat the **** out of the pats! Good job Ravens for playing (as Gibbs would say) your guts out! I also think Bart Scott had every right to be pissed they had the game and just by luck Rex calls timeout. That was pure luck the Pats won but they won. ****s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think thats a bit of a leap that all the Ravens played so well just for Sean. Maybe they played so well because of pride. Im not sure we should connect everything that happens this week to Sean.
Well, Ray Lewis did have 21's under his eyes, and he did huddle up with Ed Reed and Willis McGahee before the game to say that they were playing for Sean, so I'm not sure it's much of a leap.

They lost the game, but they played their hearts out ... if we've learned anything this week, it's that life isn't necessarily fair. Sometimes **** just happens; all you can ask for is maximum effort, and the Ravens definitely gave that for Sean today.

Oh and my friend told me before the game that Ray Lewis gathered all players from the U and said this one is for Sean.[/QUOT

He did, ray, reed, and Mcgahee huddled up before the game. Ray lewis was saying that they were gonna play their hearts out this game for Sean. ESPN showed it.

I guess you didn't see the clip of the pre-game where Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Willis Mcgahee are hudled up and being emotional and saying this is for ST. So not a leap just a jump a real high one.

You must have missed the pregame huddle with Ray Lewis. This game was about pride and losing a brother they couldn't attend his funeral due to weather problems so instead they play there ass off and to me they beat the **** out of the pats!

No didnt miss it. While Im sure Ray Lewis and the other two guys played their guts out for Sean, I disagree with the original statement that the Ravens all played so well just for Sean-the team deserves more credit than that.

its ridiculous to imply that the Ravens played their hearts out for Sean and the Redskins "should have played like that". Are you trying to say the Redskins didn't play their hearts out for Sean? You have no idea what is going on in the hearts inside anyone but yourself. This is ridiculous.

its ridiculous to imply that the Ravens played their hearts out for Sean and the Redskins "should have played like that". Are you trying to say the Redskins didn't play their hearts out for Sean? You have no idea what is going on in the hearts inside anyone but yourself. This is ridiculous.

Agreed. I think the skin were too devastated anyhow. Its hard to predict psyche.

They embarrased Sean Taylor. Sean Taylor was a football player. He wanted to win a football game. The Redskins needed to win. They did not. Everyone will always remember. That was the Redskins most important franchise game ever and they blew it.

They embarrased Sean Taylor. Sean Taylor was a football player. He wanted to win a football game. The Redskins needed to win. They did not. Everyone will always remember. That was the Redskins most important franchise game ever and they blew it.

thats so foolish. If you think Sean Taylor was embarrassed by a football game, you have your priorities very mixed up. Sean Taylor was so much more than a football player. I would argue he was a athlete third...a friend and father first and second. He was honored, not embarassed. You have no idea what was on the hearts of the players on that field.

Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and Willis McGahee will tell you otherwise. And you may rethink your post if you saw coverage of their private cheer before the game.

Definitely a supernatural play tonight. It gave me the chills, in a very good way. I was touched, and blessed. And I have never cheered for the Ravens so hard.

I'm so proud of you guys! Way to represent ST!!! :helmet:

RIP #21

I know you probably couldn't walk when the Redskins last won the Super Bowl, but I would say this was no more than the 5th most important game in Redskins franchise history.

As Gregg Williams told us this week, Sean always reminded him to move on to the next play ... I suggest we all do the same.

Archived