Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

That Was For Sean Taylor!

Brave New World

thats so foolish. If you think Sean Taylor was embarrassed by a football game, you have your priorities very mixed up. Sean Taylor was so much more than a football player. I would argue he was a athlete third...a friend and father first and second. He was honored, not embarassed. You have no idea what was on the hearts of the players on that field.

You can save the baloney football is the reason we are taking about Sean Taylor in the first place. Sean Taylor was a football player first.

You can save the baloney football is the reason we are taking about Sean Taylor in the first place. Sean Taylor was a football player first.

you are out of your mind. He was not a football player first. That was his job. And he loved his job. You have probably never even met Sean and you are on here assuming you know all about the man, just because you know him as a football player. These guys have lives off the field. And its spelled bologna.

If Sean Taylor was a football player first, he would not have been in Miami with his fiance and child on the day of a football game.

Sean Taylor was a father, he was a son, and he was a friend before he was a football player. I can promise you that there were a lot of things more important to Sean than the Redskins.

If Sean Taylor was a football player first, he would not have been in Miami with his fiance and child on the day of a football game.

Sean Taylor was a father, he was a son, and he was a friend before he was a football player. I can promise you that there were a lot of things more important to Sean than the Redskins.

amen. and thats exactly how it should be.

You got to love the way the Ravens played. Now I will always have Respect for Ray Lewis and Mcgahee. They really played the hearts out for Taylor. And seeing Ray get choked up like that before the game...man that really got to me.

Yeah those guys really put in a great effort tonight. I don't doubt they did it all with Sean in mind either. I just dont like the Redskins fans on here trying to say that the Redskins somehow let sean down...thats ridiculous.

I never liked Ray Lewis much at all. But when I saw him fighting back tears with the 21 painted under his eyes, I couldn't help but grow some love for him. Even more so when he gathered Willis McGahee and Ed Reed to say that they were playing the game for Sean, their brother. All 3 of them played a heck of a game, especially Willis.

My son did something today that kind of caught me by suprise. Right after the moment of silence and when the camera switched off of Ray Lewis. The screen switched to a picture of Sean Taylor along with the stadium aplauding. At that exact moment my son started clapping along with the crowd and at the tv with Sean Taylor's picture on it. Hes a 1 yr old and has never done that before, its almost like he knew. Any way thats just one of those moments I will never forget.

My son did something today that kind of caught me by suprise. Right after the moment of silence and when the camera switched off of Ray Lewis. The screen switched to a picture of Sean Taylor along with the stadium aplauding. At that exact moment my son started clapping along with the crowd and at the tv with Sean Taylor's picture on it. Hes a 1 yr old and has never done that before, its almost like he knew. Any way thats just one of those moments I will never forget.

now THAT is what it means to be a Redskins fan. Its a unity. Winning and losing are a part of it, but no matter what, its a connection that we all share together. Thats awesome man, you got a great kid there.

He was injured Einstein. If he wasn't injured....he wouldn't have been in Miami.
I'll ask you this:

If Sean had never been injured, we won the last four games, and last Sunday when two bullets were fired in his home they struck his fiance and daughter, would he have preferred that to losing his own life?

I believe Sean would say that it was a blessing he was there to protect his loved ones. He was a family man first; football was only secondary.

I'll ask you this:

If Sean had never been injured, we won the last four games, and last Sunday when two bullets were fired in his home they struck his fiance and daughter, would he have preferred that to losing his own life?

I believe Sean would say that it was a blessing he was there to protect his loved ones. He was a family man first; football was only secondary.

Of course he was a human first.....I was responding to the poster that said if Sean wasn't a family man, he would have been on the sidelines at the game.

The truth is, this is incorrect. Injured players rarely, if ever travel with their teams these days.

He may not have been invited.

Of course he was a human first.....I was responding to the poster that said if Sean wasn't a family man, he would have been on the sidelines at the game.

The truth is, this is incorrect. Injured players rarely, if ever travel with their teams these days.

He may not have been invited.

he was invited. he just wanted to be with his girlfriend and daughter and rest. anyway, thats not the point. The reason I am saying that Sean was not a football player first, was in response to the crazy theory that somehow sunday's game disrespected Sean.

They embarrased Sean Taylor. Sean Taylor was a football player. He wanted to win a football game. The Redskins needed to win. They did not. Everyone will always remember. That was the Redskins most important franchise game ever and they blew it.

Luckily, you're only 17 and have plenty of time to grow up.

he was invited. he just wanted to be with his girlfriend and daughter and rest. anyway, thats not the point. The reason I am saying that Sean was not a football player first, was in response to the crazy theory that somehow sunday's game disrespected Sean.

Aside from the fantastic tribute on the jumbotron......and the fans in attendance pouring their hearts out......do you really believe that the team's performance on Sunday was worthy of this event?

Sean would have loved the outpouring of emotion from the fans in attendance.....and from fans all over the world.

Sean hated to lose. What would make you think this loss was the proper way to show him respect?

Aside from the fantastic tribute on the jumbotron......and the fans in attendance pouring their hearts out......do you really believe that the team's performance on Sunday was worthy of this event?

Sean would have loved the outpouring of emotion from the fans in attendance.....and from fans all over the world.

Sean hated to lose. What would make you think this loss was the proper way to show him respect?

Because Sean gave 100% every day and thats all he asked from his team. His team loved him. The emotion on that field was undeniable. And it was all in his honor. I assume the team gave 100%, but for whatever reason fell short. You can say they didn't give 100% but you have absolutely no way of knowing what was on the hearts of those guys on the field. Sean was honored this week by his team, his family, and his fans. The outpouring of support, the love and the tears and the memorials that all showed the love Redskins, and everyone else, had for this young man is infinitely more important than the outcome of a football game. If you think the outcome of this game was more important than all of that, your priorities are mixed up.

Because Sean gave 100% every day and thats all he asked from his team. His team loved him. The emotion on that field was undeniable. And it was all in his honor. I assume the team gave 100%, but for whatever reason fell short. You can say they didn't give 100% but you have absolutely no way of knowing what was on the hearts of those guys on the field. Sean was honored this week by his team, his family, and his fans. The outpouring of support, the love and the tears and the memorials that all showed the love Redskins, and everyone else, had for this young man is infinitely more important than the outcome of a football game. If you think the outcome of this game was more important than all of that, your priorities are mixed up.

I have my priorities in order......and don't believe the outcome of the game takes precedence over these tragic events.

But aside from the wonderful tribute....and just talking about how the team could show respect to Sean with their play on the field, would a 35-10 Skins victory have been more appropriate?

This is all the OP was trying to get at.

I have my priorities in order......and don't believe the outcome of the game takes precedence over these tragic events.

But aside from the wonderful tribute....and just talking about how the team could show respect to Sean with their play on the field, would a 35-10 Skins victory have been more appropriate?

This is all the OP was trying to get at.

but we didnt win the game. If we had, it would have made a pretty good storybook ending to this tragic week, that may be true. But the accusation was that somehow Sean was dishonored by the team's effort, which is just not true. Sean was honored...and win or lose, every white jersey on that field was playing with Sean on their minds and in their hearts.

Archived